Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Hyperion

Arcane
Was forced Jap voices even a complaint in Nioh? I'm not one to play my games with Japanese voices, but in Nioh it really felt authentic seeing Sir Anjin as the only English speaker, with some poorly spoken English thrown around by the supporting characters like Hanzo, and really hammered the 'stranger in a strange land' theme well. The subs were definitely good enough, and served the game well. Koei usually gives the option for Japanese voices anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem but still, feels like a waste of resources and disk space.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
lol english dub

That's downright shocking. Did the industry learn nothing from the westernised Yakuza debacle? I seriously hope settings allow for separate text/voice languages.

I'm not usually one to complain about dubs, but that is the worst dubbing I've ever heard/seen in any game or movie, ever. It seriously detracts from everything else because it's so out of place and comical. What's with the accents? It looks like there's been no attempt at lip-syncing the dubbing or any thought given at all. That is just absolutely awful.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Curious where they would set the eventual Nioh 3. With this and the supposedly prequel DLC's, they would exhaust pretty much the whole Sengoku timeline. Probably bakumatsu?

deuxhero

Arcane
Boshin War or Satsuma Rebellion. You've got double action cartridge revolvers and even some lever actions by then, but with cap and ball still being the overwhelming majority of firearms and overtly supernatural powers in play swordplay is still viable (especially since Nioh 1 already has guns usable and doesn't give them that much damage). Boshin War in particular has such hodgepodged equipment in play you can restrict the cool guns to the late game and say the early game guys just got random obsolete arms instead of modern stuff.

Sentinel

Arcane

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh2/info_200206.html

05z.jpg
07z.jpg
06z.jpg
09z.jpg

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
So, am playing through Nioh 1 and it's full of shit. 1 hit kills, boss that use paralysis, same-y environments, trash writing & story, bullshit bosses who kill you in 2 hits because they think artificial difficulty is enjoyable?. Combat mechanics are good, but what's the point when the rest of it is just shit!

While Dark Souls may have had the initial reputation of a masochist's game, I think Nioh truly is the one. What did you all see in it so much that you are still here? besides some interesting combating mechanics this game is rubbish.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Wait! There is more. How come there is no punish for the boss but there is punish for the player, as in high risk - reward attacks.
An example would be how you can hit back the giant frieball in DMC:

Even frickin Dark Souls has a parry mechanic to punish the bosses, here all I do is dodge-hit-dodge-hit, and when I feel cheesy I can activate invincible mode! -_-
But, really it's the 2 hit kills from a normal attack on bosses is what's killing it, if I want to learn a 'tell' I have to die a few times because the wind-up's aren't readable to the extent you can guess out what the attack probably will be. So I have quite a few runs where I have to learn shit and die, then another bunch of runs where a single mistake can fckn kill me, then after 30 tries I can defeat it by waiting around and hitting it only in the openings with my pokey stick that barely does any damage.

abija

Prophet
What did you all see in it so much that you are still here? besides some interesting combating mechanics this game is rubbish.
Ignoring all the shit in your posts... you can't just dismiss a feature well done that is scarce on the market.

Hyperion

Arcane
How come there is no punish for the boss but there is punish for the player, as in high risk - reward attacks.
You can knock bat bitch out of midair by throwong a rock before she fires the paralysis wave at you and get free hits in her on while she's downed. You know when you're paralyzed you can still use anti-paralysis needles and cure it.....right?

Nu's belly is his weakpoint which makes him lose his lightning ability for a bit.

Sentinel

Arcane
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/nioh-2-goes-gold

Nioh 2 goes gold
Action RPG sequel due out on March 12.

Nioh-2-Gold_02-12-20.jpg

Sengoku era Japan-set action RPG sequel Nioh 2 has gone gold, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja announced. That means development is complete and the game is ready for production.

Nioh 2 is due out for PlayStation 4 on March 12 in Japan and March 13 worldwide. If you missed it, watch the latest trailer here.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Wonder what will be different / improved. Hopefully this one will sell me on the game because the previous demo left me a lukewarm feeling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom