Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On the contrary, I think that Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 were the last great Bioware RPG's. When Bioware went down (which they first thought as success) the decline of the genre was preserved only by CD Projekt Red, and then the Kickstarter / nostalgia renaissance happened.

You are entitled to your vision of history for sure.

user

Savant
Even if that was the case, it still sold well which means there's more than enough of a target audience for it and that these mechanics weren't a dealbreaker. And that's no suprise with so many click-to-win games out there.

I don't begrudge you guys enjoying this game.

I resent the fact that Owlcat alienated 90% of its potential audience, including myself, with appalling design decisions.

Sure, but on the other hand trying to widen the audience is a slippery slope and depends where you draw the line. You will always find someone else who will be willing to draw the line even further and you will call it decline.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Head of Based Department: Owlcatz Gamez, just officially in front of millions of casuals got rid of all limits on Incline!
f43SLnL.jpg

Oi m80z, just LOOK! at the pyramid size of dat wad?!? Itz loads upon loads of money! May I be damned, itz mighty gud thing I didn't off meself yesterday. Wouldn't be here to witness it :eek:

aQ4NbDl.jpg

user

Savant
I just watched a 6 minute long video of someone making armor! Whoa! Amazing!

Do you recall if you transcribed my time limits question? The answer was "yes and no" + words, but I can't remember/couldn't understand the rest and I can't find it among all these monk posts you have made during the last week.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just watched a 6 minute long video of someone making armor! Whoa! Amazing!

Do you recall if you transcribed my time limits question? The answer was "yes and no" + words, but I can't remember/couldn't understand the rest and I can't find it among all these monk posts you have made during the last week.
Sorry... Here:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-kickstarter-live.130920/page-62#post-6527066

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-kickstarter-live.130920/page-65#post-6528024

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-kickstarter-live.130920/page-64#post-6527757

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-kickstarter-live.130920/page-66#post-6528404

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I can totally honestly say that I think Pink has way overtaken me as a fangirl/boy/enby.
I'd say that he's better cheerleader for better RPG and better studio. Itz ok, we get it, itz really hard to cheer and be excited for boring games made by boring people. Hide among thousands of kickstarter pledges and hundreds of thousands Owlcat happy gamers. Josh Sawyer can't find and hurt you there. He might thou start angry tweeting about Russians also taking over RPG industry soon. . .

Just tell me to fuck off. I'm not one for subtlety. I'll go back to 4chan.
NO! You're bard monk this Crusade needz!

user

Savant
So...
Q)Time limits and events in Kingmaker created a sense of immersion and progress on the world. Anything similar in Wrath?
A)
Creative Director: Yes and No. Time management was a necessary tool in Kingmaker to allow you the feeling of reward from building your nation. This time around we are trying to make you feel like the leader of a crusade. It's not really about time, but more about the war effort and the troops. So as a result we are trying to make it as immersive in that regard. However, we can not talk about this for now.
+ that comment they made, if I remember correctly, about army management being somewhat like Civilization.

I bet that they will make it work in turns, like a board game, which means "time will pass" and things will change with army management actions exclusively.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Time limits were shit because of the way they were implemented. Time limits in RPG generally are shitty idea,it rushes the player to constantly push forward. While ignoring the best thing about rpgs,the exploration. The best option would a setting in the difficulty menu,they did add everything else in it,so it will be great if that was added in.

The Real Fanboy
I can totally honestly say that I think Pink has way overtaken me as a fangirl/boy/enby.
I'd say that he's better cheerleader for better RPG and better studio. Itz ok, we get it, itz really hard to cheer and be excited for boring games made by boring people. Hide among thousands of kickstarter pledges and hundreds of thousands Owlcat happy gamers. Josh Sawyer can't find and hurt you there. He might thou start angry tweeting about Russians also taking over RPG industry soon. . .
I was just making a dumb joke dude no need to write like one hundred words about it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Do their artists really work on just one monitor? I've done a little modeling/texturing just to learn how and even the thought of trying to do that professionally is insane. Spend some of that kickstarter money and buy your team more monitors! Fuck's sake, most gamedev setups I've seen use three.

user

Savant
Do their artists really work on just one monitor? I've done a little modeling/texturing just to learn how and even the thought of trying to do that professionally is insane. Spend some of that kickstarter money and buy your team more monitors! Fuck's sake, most gamedev setups I've seen use three.

No way that is the case, that's just the montage.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
We have it in no uncertain terms declared by Owlcatz: Casuals! you will pay, play and be taught to understand and love time limits! Holding your ground and not compromising, at least not more than truly necessary, your game making philosophy, is there single, which means 1 (o n e), and that would be more then zero and less than two, RPG stydio in entirety of West capable of such move? Honest to God question! I know none, their ballz are full of soy, their heartz sold to Red Devil. Itz just job to them

Salvo

Arcane
I was just making a dumb joke dude no need to write like one hundred words about it.

but that was only 67 words

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I thought you like verbose prose, jokes no shorter than hundred wordz, being Head Fan of Pillarz on the site...

Now that I've tagged you, I might as well use your attention with 10 sec cooldown to say: Fuck Sawyer, Fuck Feargus, Fuck Tim Cain with giant mexican cactus! Tim will enjoy it, not my intention to punish him anyway. He indebted us all too much, these other two? Just financial shakal and his pet german autist, living their entire lives off exploiting and nerfing other people's talent and work. Burn Obsidian and on its ground build beautiful Taco Bell

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And yet I consider the concept, the vision, the combat mechanics, the writing and the execution of Pillars of Eternity I to be very good and praise the bike repairman for this.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
And yet I consider the concept, the vision, the combat mechanics, the writing and the execution of Pillars of Eternity I to be very good and praise the bike repairman for this.
PoE is like son that as kid was so promissing, had great grades, was beloved and everyone was sure he'll grow up to be spitting image of his famous Baldur's Gate father and ancestors. And then kid turns 25, quits two universities out of boredom and applies for first job at KFC. Fried Dreams, for table 8!

PoE is disapointment most of all, which means I had expectations from it. Most of them have status: FAILED. But I understood why it was what it was. PoE was product of its time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom