Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outriders - co-op RPG shooter from People Can Fly

Yeah I was pretty excited for this because of the developer but my interest has been really deflated. I'm certainly not going to say it's bad or that people shouldn't like these looter shooter rpg games but I am so sick of them.

Ash

Arcane
Revolutionary! You can now carry three weapons instead of two!

ah of course Square Enix is behind this. Those slimy fucks.

Citizen

...RPG looter shooter...

8bd2d85aca614b621732aab041c449ab.gif

...Behind the shoulders camera...

8bd2d85aca614b621732aab041c449ab.gif

Guys can't you please make Bulletstorm 2?

Everything You Need to Know About the Outriders Demo - FAQ : outriders (reddit.com)

Everything you need to know about the Outriders Demo. A Thread.

This will be a Demo, NOT a Beta.

It is entirely free. No purchase or pre-order required.

The demo is available in Germany on PlayStation, Xbox and PC (Steam). To download the demo for free on PlayStation you need a PS+ subscription. If you do not have PS+ in Germany, the demo is also available but you will have to undergo the usual age verification process.

The Demo will release at the following times:

EuhU3-6XAAQr8WD

The demo will be available on the following Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam & streaming with NVIDIA GeForce NOW)

The download size for the demo will be: PC: Minimum 24GB (possibly more after decompression) Consoles: Minimum 22GB (possibly more after decompression)

Pre-loading is not currently planned to be available for the demo.

Crossplay will be available in the demo, but it will be in beta form and will need to be manually enabled via your settings.

Our Discord (http://Discord.gg/Outriders) has been set up with plenty of Looking-For-Group voice channels in case you’re looking to party up with any other players in particular. Come say hello!

There is no time limit, either for playing or for accessing it prior to launch. The demo is also planned to remain live beyond launch.

The demo includes the game’s prologue & opening chapter. This means that gear & enemies that you come across will be the early game variants. The further you get in the full Outriders story, the more twisted, exotic and powerful both gear & enemies will become.

The demo runs up until the showdown with Gauss, the first rival Altered who may be even more dangerous than you. Some side missions unlock after defeating Gauss so you will be able to go back and explore the world.

The demo includes all 4 classes and 6 character slots. This means you can try out every class without needing to delete any characters.

Your Character levels are capped to Level 7 This will allow you to earn your classes 4th ability and be able to to mix and match your active skills in the demo. This will also allow you to earn 2 skill points that you can apply to your skill tree.

You can progress up to World Tier 5. World Tiers are our dynamic difficulty system. At level 5, your chance for higher rarity gear is increased, but the drop chance for Legendary Gear is still extremely low. More info here:

Resources will be capped at a certain (generous) amount in order to safeguard balancing for when you go into the main game.

Resources are mainly used within our extensive crafting system but can also be traded for better gear from the in game armorers. The crafting system unlocks in the full game once you’re beyond the demo content, but you can save your resources for use with that system.

You will be able to transfer your progress if you play the main game on the same platform account (Platforms are PlayStation / Xbox / Steam). Progress will not transfer between the Demo on Steam and the Full Game on the Epic Store. [clarification: "The full game is on both, but the demo is only on Steam."]

The demo will not include any trophies or achievements, but your in-game accolades will transfer along with your regular progress.

You are free to stream any part of the the Demo. No restrictions. Please note that there is a trailer that plays at the end of the demo. As this trailer contains licensed music, we would recommend caution when streaming this section.

Any further questions? Let us know!

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Just delved a bit into the demo. Just far enough where I woke up from the cryo chamber, only to get kidnapped and abused by space rowdies, and then find myself escaping in underwear in the middle of a deadly lighting storm. This planet is full of crazies and climate change.

It's a looter shooter alright. Feels like an unruly mix between Gears, Bulletstorm, Anthem and Crysis. With Polish humor. It all coalesces fairly well, the production values are great, and the gameplay loop is solid. But I'm not sure that's enough to get me over the fence, but I guess it will find its fans.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just delved a bit into the demo. Just far enough where I woke up from the cryo chamber, only to get kidnapped and abused by space rowdies, and then find myself escaping in underwear in the middle of a deadly lighting storm. This planet is full of crazies and climate change.

It's a looter shooter alright. Feels like an unruly mix between Gears, Bulletstorm, Anthem and Crysis. With Polish humor. It all coalesces fairly well, the production values are great, and the gameplay loop is solid. But I'm not sure that's enough to get me over the fence, but I guess it will find its fans.
hmm

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, is this a microtransaction trap pretending to be a game like Destiny and Warframe or is it a real game?

Gerrard

Arcane
Incredibly generic, the writing, story, cutscene dialogues are prosperous, game feels very "cheap" in many places (remember this is funded by Square Enix), character moves like he has no weight.
However it's better than Destiny 2 simply by the fact that you move faster than a crawl and can use your abilities more often than once every 3 minutes.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Revolutionary! You can now carry three weapons instead of two!

ah of course Square Enix is behind this. Those slimy fucks.

Considering that Square-Enix published Marvel Avengers, I have to wonder if they are pushing this game out to market too quickly due to their recent live-service bomb. Especially considering that a lot of the reviews of the demo thus far have noted it being 'un-polished'.

Oracsbox

I played it...and meh

Despite the obligatory stronk wombyn leader, who to be fair appears completely incompetent.. the writing was occasionally funny, your character is a badasss...and I think some effort has gone into the game.

I did play all of it incl side missions..but in the end it just bored me...if you really, really like Gears of War or third person cover shooters you might like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom