Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Codex Fundraiser - Join The Codex Crusade

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Chris Avellone and the crazy Russians from Owlcat Games have joined forces once again to create Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, their followup to 2018 Codex GOTY Pathfinder: Kingmaker. This time we've gotten our Codex fundraiser online before the end of its Kickstarter campaign for a change. That gives us plenty of time to win one of these fabulous prizes:

$750 - Create a Wondrous Item
$1500 - Design a Monument
$2000 - Design a Familiar
$2500 - Create an NPC Face
$4000 - Design an NPC
$5000 - Design a Quest
$10000 - Party with Devs in Moscow
Just like last time, if you pledge to our fundraiser you'll get exactly what you would have gotten if you'd pledged the same amount directly to the Kickstarter. Owlcat will even set you up with an account on their backer portal so you won't have to bug us for your keys when the game comes out. Here's a list of the basic tiers:

$28 - Digital Download
$40 - Premium Digital Download (includes more bonus in-game items)
$55 - Boxed Edition
$99 - Beta Early Access
You can also add an additional $15 to your pledge to get the Alpha Early Access when that comes out. Check out the Kickstarter page for the full list of available tiers and add-ons.

:whiteknight:

Our Kingmaker fundraiser back in 2017 was a success in large part due to a generous donation from wealthy Codex philanthropist Temaperacl. Now that we know how awesome Owlcat are and with much more time to go before the end of the Kickstarter campaign, can we beat its record without him? Donate now and let's find out!

deuxhero

Arcane
So will we do the prior (since WotR takes place before the Pitax chapter) misadventures of Blakemoor for the quest or will we be forced to create something original?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I already backed the KS, but if I pledge $15 through the Codex fundraiser, can I still get Alpha access added on?

I'll likely throw in $15 either way, just wondering.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Has anyone found commentary on the Codex quest from people not in on the joke? I'll I've found are walkthroughs and talking about the massive XP it gives, but never found anyone talking about the content (though I'm only going through text and not looking through video playthroughs). Want to find what people thought of it. I've seen lots of people surprised the PoE inn was backer content.

Anything that indicates just what "design a familiar" is? Is it just a visual that will get Owlcat assigned status?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
We should at least reach $2000 design a Familiar tier. Maybe we can put a miniature Rectum Gobbler from Stones of Arnhem in the game. The world must know!

jml

Augur
Patron
Where is it told that extra 15 dollars is enough for alpha access. There is nothing in kickstarter page and for beta you need pledge 99 dollars.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So I'm going for a signed collector's edition on kickstarter and I plan on keeping that pledge there, but can I make a pledge here for someone else so they get a copy of the game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where is it told that extra 15 dollars is enough for alpha access. There is nothing in kickstarter page and for beta you need pledge 99 dollars.

fcef2ab75bf2a080f7e31f868354c766_original.png
Second row on the right.

So I'm going for a signed collector's edition on kickstarter and I plan on keeping that pledge there, but can I make a pledge here for someone else so they get a copy of the game?

We can arrange that.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did a humble $28 pledge. Maybe I will beat the first game before this releases.

PrettyDeadman

Last kickstarter I donated 100 bucks for beta access. Since the money went through paypal and after the end of the campaign - all the tiers increased in price (not by much), so I ended up short of 5 dollars of being able to get an official beta access (it rose from 99 dollars to 105 dollars if I remember correctly), get an access to pledger's page where you can donate additional dollars in order to get into alpha. I eventually was able to get unofficial access to beta after writing to one of community managers, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. So beware, donate extra 10-15 dollars to make sure you get the pledge you want...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Last kickstarter I donated 100 bucks for beta access. Since the money went through paypal and after the end of the campaign - all the tiers increased in price (not by much), so I ended up short of 5 dollars of being able to get an official beta access (it rose from 99 dollars to 105 dollars if I remember correctly), get an access to pledger's page where you can donate additional dollars in order to get into alpha. I eventually was able to get unofficial access to beta after writing to one of community managers, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. So beware, donate extra 10-15 dollars to make sure you get the pledge you want...

You're mistaken. I've got the table Owlcat used to distribute the rewards in front of me. You got beta access. What you didn't get is alpha access, because you didn't pay enough.

The tier prices for our fundraiser are the same as the Kickstarter, not whatever they may raise them to afterwards.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

You're mistaken. I've got the table Owlcat used to distribute the rewards in front of me. You got beta access. What you didn't get is alpha access, because you didn't pay enough.

The tier prices for our fundraiser are the same as the Kickstarter, not whatever they may raise them to afterwards.
Ive got beta key (after contacting community manager), but not the access to beta portal. AFAIK other codex backers, who donated enough money to get into beta pledge after adjusted prices ($105+) did get into proper beta tier with access to beta backers portal which was used to get upgrade their account to get into alpha. I didnt get that option which as I presume at least partly was due to amount of my pledge. Maybe that was solo backers though or I somply didnt figure it out. I you want to obtain further details and learn about my theories as to why it happened and can similar situations can be avoided in the futur we can make a skype call.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I know what you're talking about but it wasn't because you pledged an insufficient amount. It's just that for whatever reason Owlcat weren't able to set up the backer portal accounts when the Kingmaker beta came out (but they were for the alpha) so their community manager had to send the beta keys out manually. You weren't the only one.

Last edited:
Infinitron Is the Codex fundraiser going to run beyond the Kickstarter end-date as it did with Kingmaker? I'd like to do my Codexian duty and earn some potato, but funds are extremely tight this next month.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom