Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gyor

Savant
So far we've got 23 classes x 5 Archtypes, soon to be 11 races (more if you count Aasimar/Dhampyr/Tiefling subraces), 8 Mythic Paths + Legendary Mortal, Backgrounds, 11 Prestige Classes, 11 Companions, Mounted Combat, Dismemberment System.

And it looks like the next Stretch Goal will be Evolving Animal Companion + Summoner class (5 archetypes).

24 full classes x 5 Archeypes is a 120 Archetypes in the game. And that is before taking into account Bloodlines, Wizard Schools, Blessings, Domains, Patrons, Spirits, Mysteries, Orders, ect...

I was right about the mounts buff , but wrong about the Summoner . Mounts get Archetypes, Items they can equipt including two types of armour, names, and feat choices as they level up, including Mythic feats (side note this confirms there will be Mythic Feats.)

Yosharian

Arcane
All the babies in this thread crying about time limits. Oh no I missed out on an optional quest because I was fucking around trying to get in a tieflings pants! Oh no!

You know what was a real time limit? If that goddamn lantern ran out of juice you got eaten by a grue. That's a fucking time limit.
In the good ol' days the time limit was represented by your mother threatening to kick your ass if you didn't stop playing videogames

deuxhero

Arcane
Missed that since it's buried in the campaign description instead of a formal announcement. Hunter, Mesmerist and Investigator still top my most likely next classes, with Arcane Archer (+Deadeye Devotee archetype), and Battle Herald (and maybe Mammoth Rider) prestige classes on top of the confirmed Hellknight duo.

5 archetypes per class is going to be pretty hard for some classes. Wizard for instance needs to include something that's not really an archetype (elemental schools), stupid or stupidly broken (FF version of Pact Wizard) to reach it. Cleric is even worse (Evangalist is obvious, but the 5th slot is choice between a bunch of garbage).

Well they have one new Wizard Archetype admitted to in a stream I think, I forgot what its called but it adds features from the Arcanist Class to the Wizard. As for the fifth if they can't find an archetype they like they will likely create their own, like they did for the Witch (a Charisma based Archetype inspired by the Children's Cruasade some how).

Its Sorcerer that will be the hardest to find two more Archetypes for, none of them really fit this game at all or are too uninteresting, although with Dhampyrs in the game Sanguine Bloodline is possible. Still I think two new Sorcerer Archetypes will created.

If they allow Great Old Ones as Gods, then that weird Lovecraftian Charisma caster based Archetype is a possiblity.

Exploiter Wizard was the obvious 4th with Arcanist in. The fifth that's a problem. Kinetist is even more of an issue without dipping into 3rd party stuff (which they should, that class got a lot of nice support official content never gave it and its all OGL so the only cost is including something in the PDFs that come with the game) since it has so few archetypes, none of the remaining ones are any good and many of them simply can't be done in a video game.

They confirmed a custom Witch archetype? Where was this confirmed? I know there's a pnp charisma witch, Seducer, but it's a really weird one to use because half its new features have to determine if something could be sexually attracted to the caster.

The new Witch Archetype was discussed in a Dev stream.

Which one and where though?

Gyor

Savant
For the last Wizard Archetype I think it will be either Shadowcaller or Fey Caller.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tiefling monk:
I wonder how balance changes due to the tail and horns. As I understand, the movements in Chinese fighting styles are very precise, and their are balanced for the human body. Tiefling horns can be relatively heavy, and / or the tail - what styles suit them best? May be Tieflings prefer fighting with weapons to hand-to-hand combat? And what about Aasimar wings? Can they use them to, like, extend jumps? Or to jump higher and strike down much stronger than humans do?

Hmm... so many questions, and all about monks...

Tiefling monk:
I wonder how balance changes due to the tail and horns. As I understand, the movements in Chinese fighting styles are very precise, and their are balanced for the human body. Tiefling horns can be relatively heavy, and / or the tail - what styles suit them best? May be Tieflings prefer fighting with weapons to hand-to-hand combat? And what about Aasimar wings? Can they use them to, like, extend jumps? Or to jump higher and strike down much stronger than humans do?

Hmm... so many questions, and all about monks...
The only thing that separates bad monk from good one is the strength of the punch.
orig

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pink Eye
Thinking about it - the more perverted, sexualized and anthropomorphyc a furry race is the more Wushu styles they can use. The shoulder and thigh joints should be especially human-like. The relative lengths of limbs, too, because those are levers for punches and kicks.

It seems if you're going for traditional Wushu monks the most anthropomorhyc furries are the best. Sexualization gives good guidance here, too; most of the furryfags want essentially sexy humans in non-human skins, meaning the skeleton should remain the same as in humans. And those cool styles depend on the human skeleton, don't they?

Soooo... may be animal races that are not considered "perverted" and "fanservice" are bad for the "traditional monk" archetype... Just sayin'.

On the other hand, there is always the Swarm Mythic.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pink Eye
Thinking about it - the more perverted, sexualized and anthropomorphyc a furry race is the more Wushu styles they can use. The shoulder and thigh joints should be especially human-like. The relative lengths of limbs, too, because those are levers for punches and kicks.

It seems if you're going for traditional Wushu monks the most anthropomorhyc furries are the best. Sexualization gives good guidance here, too; most of the furryfags want essentially sexy humans in non-human skins, meaning the skeleton should remain the same as in humans. And those cool styles depend on the human skeleton, don't they?

Soooo... may be animal races that are not considered "perverted" and "fanservice" are bad for the "traditional monk" archetype... Just sayin'.

On the other hand, there is always the Swarm Mythic.
My friend. I have no idea what I just read.

Efe

Erudite
thats the pooping bird pose... so naturally Poultryfolk would do that best

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
From kickstarter comments:

6pm PST - 2/12/20

Social Goals Update:

KS Backers: 17,215/21,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+684 last 24hr)

YT Subs: 11,900/20,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+500 last 24hr) [approx]

Instagram Subs: 3,596/5,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+254 last 24hr)

Twitter Followers: 9,846/12,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+239 last 24hr)

Twitter RTs: 2,446/2,500 [Lvl 2 reached] (+186 last 24hr)

Discord Followers: 5,822/6,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+460 last 24hr)

Facebook Shares: 1,437/1,200 [Lvl 3 reached] (+23 last 24hr)

Twitch Followers: 6,945/10,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+246 last 24hr)

Stars achieved: 17

====

Needed to Finish Level 3:

KS Backers: 3,785

YT Subs: 8,100

Instagram Subs: 1,404

Twitter Followers: 2,154

Twitter RT's: 54

Discord Followers: 178

Facebook Shares: 0

Twitch Followers: 3,055

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Seems that Owlcats yesterday remembered they have highly successful kickstarter campaign going on, or simply sobered up from celebration. They were much more present in comments, released new video showing new improved graphics, trolled some anti-timers with "we'll have them, but these you'll love" etc. All in all, kicktraq says for day 9th, they got ~50k$ more in their treasury. If for next 15-20 days typically of hype and interest drought, when money rarely rains even upon best of kickstarters, they maintain figure of approx. 50k $/day this campaign will leave in dust many others even from kickstarter's Golden Arc. My recalibrated estimate for P:WotR's final minimum: 2 000 000 $

Ready to bet me Josh Sawyer's Mum on it!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom