Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

One thing that worries me about this game is that the early game progression will be too abrupt and that mythic path shenagigans will start at low levels. Hope that is not the case.
you will have 26 strength and 19 Con at 3ed level, but only if you are a weakling wizard gnome. otherwise you will actually be strong and vital.

Dodo1610

Arcane
You will get your first mythic tier at the end of the first book at level 6. I doubt Owlcat Games will change this much since you should be level 20 mythic 10 at the end.

Yosharian

Arcane
Are there spiderfolk in pathfinder who can use venomous attacks from spiderbody but also sword/spell attacks from human body ?

quelaag_concept_art.jpg
I mean driders exist in Pathfinder so yeah

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2755406

Advanced Reactivity

Dear Pathfinders,

Golarion is a world rich with traditions, religions, and paths, where a bold and cunning adventurer can find their destiny. When making Pathfinder: Kingmaker, we tried to enliven this world for you as much as possible, making NPCs and your companions react to your race, choices, and appearance. But there is no such thing as “too much reactivity” in a CRPG. So, we decided to go beyond what we did in Kingmaker and add even more.

779d2c49ceb51b86c2b1891e263b2542_original.png

If we hit the next stretch goal, the Commander’s troops won’t hesitate to voice their opinion to all and sundry. The more we write them, the more we feel their personalities bloom and come to life. We get a sense of who tends to praise, who tends to joke, and who is often ready to make a snide remark. Reading each other’s dialogues, we often think: “Oh, Seelah (or another companion) has something to say about this!”, so why bottle it up?

Any hero who steps into the melting pot of the Fifth Crusade will now attract more attention and interest. And suspicion, of course. What made a tiefling with demon heritage join the crusade against their kin? Why did a noble elf leave Kyonin? And you, stranger, you’re basically an animal… right?

But it’s not just your race that will raise questions among curious crusaders and civilians. Are you picturing yourself as a skilled swordsman, warpriest, or cavalier on a glorious mount? You can bet that there will be characters who have an opinion on your chosen “career path.”

The camp, where your companions can relax and truly be themselves, is the place where bonds of friendship or mutual dislike are forged. This is the place where you can get to know your counterparts better, and now they will converse more freely around you, expressing themselves to the fullest. Long story short: we’re offering you more party banter and more reactivity, so you can experience Golarion as a living, breathing world.

To arms!

Owlcats

Last edited by a moderator:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Seems that Owlcats yesterday remembered they have highly successful kickstarter campaign going on, or simply sobered up from celebration.

...or they got a first full night of proper sleep since this campaign started.
Timezone difference could be a bitch, especially when team's office is in Moscow but most money comes from Europe + America.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
melting pot of the Fifth Crusade
dafug is dis? We are here to kill demons not to do some multi-kulti!
Well you know what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy.
The IRL crusades were multicultural affairs, it's not like the Franks and Lotharingians and Italians loved the Byzantines, I don't think.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
That's a great goal.
That is a great stretch goal.

That is a shit stretch goal :D

Trying to react to everything in a game where there are this many classes/races etc had a big role in Deadfire's failure in narrative imo, unless they are hiring additional writers to do the leg work this could have its toll on the overall narrative. They should focus on C&C(or even on "storytelling" where there ain't much agency) more than adding lines here and there in an RPG like this.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
That's a great goal.

Trying to react to everything in a game where there are this many classes/races etc had a big role in Deadfire's failure in narrative imo, unless they are hiring additional writers to do the leg work this could have its toll on the overall narrative. They should focus on C&C more than adding lines here and there in an RPG like this.
The main reason for any failure in Deadfire's narrative was being a direct sequel to POE1 where your character loses his soul again to get reset to level 1.

Salvo

Arcane
That's a great goal.

Trying to react to everything in a game where there are this many classes/races etc had a big role in Deadfire's failure in narrative imo, unless they are hiring additional writers to do the leg work this could have its toll on the overall narrative. They should focus on C&C more than adding lines here and there in an RPG like this.

Doesn't have to be immense reactivity, just not the autism that is the complete lack of it in Kingmaker. For example not having interaction with Valerie even if you're a paladin of Shelyn, Jubilost explaining Gnome society to your Gnome character, no interaction with Harrim as a dwarf, etc...
It's one of the biggest, most noticeable flaws that the game has, and surprisingly it's also among those that are most easily fixed. You would be suprised at how much immersion / fully entering the shoes of your character can improve the overall experience.

Also, Deadfire's failure in narrative was due to MANY problems, not just the large amount of class/race combinations that they tried to cram in. Pathfinder having established modules definetely helps in having a flowing narrative, although it's one of the most generic cookie cutter fantasies.

That's a great goal.

It's one thing Deadfire got right. Characters occasionally bringing up that you are playing death worshipping, hairy midget race paladin adds a lot to the immersion.

Quillon

Arcane
It's one thing Deadfire got right. Characters occasionally bringing up that you are playing death worshipping, hairy midget race adds a lot to the immersion.

The cost was too high :D Ofc I want every NPC to react to the last shit my character took but yeah... Hope Owlcat is talented/have the necessary resources to handle the big checklist of reactivity for this type of game while keeping the narrative compelling.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's one thing Deadfire got right. Characters occasionally bringing up that you are playing death worshipping, hairy midget race adds a lot to the immersion.

The cost was too high :D Ofc I want every NPC to react to the last shit my character took but yeah... Hope Owlcat is talented/have the necessary resources to handle the big checklist of reactivity for this type of game while keeping the narrative compelling.

They just hire a summer intern to fill an Excel sheet. This shit is basic as fuck.

Sure, they will need some guidelines on what kind of reactions to put and where, but those documents have to be written anyway.

You're not seriously expecting anything beyond the occasional one-liner "Go home, <racename> scum!"?

The stretch goal is not "deeper reactivity" it is basically "more (shallow) reactivity".

ArchAngel

Arcane

They just hire a summer intern to fill an Excel sheet. This shit is basic as fuck.

Sure, they will need some guidelines on what kind of reactions to put and where, but those documents have to be written anyway.

You're not seriously expecting anything beyond the occasional one-liner "Go home, <racename> scum!"?

The stretch goal is not "deeper reactivity" it is basically "more (shallow) reactivity".
PKM already had lots of good reactivity not seen in previous cRPGs so I don't see a problem about just adding more lesser reactivity.

Parabalus

Arcane
Pathfinder:KM's alignment locked reactivity is massive.

Stuff like auto-resurrection feats and optimal allies are all locked behind alignments, and everyone gets something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom