Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Pathfinder:KM's alignment locked reactivity is massive.

Stuff like auto-resurrection feats and optimal allies are all locked behind alignments, and everyone gets something.
Plus your access to buildings and the whole look of your kingdom capital is alignment-based. Race and class reactivity could have been better represented but that's a good point that alignment was really quite important in KM.

Swordflight is still probably the high-water mark for class and race reactivity for me, at least in recent years, so I don't expect that level from WotR, but somewhat more than KM would be good.

ashtehmage

Barely Literate
So, anyone will watch/translate this russian twitch ?
translation :

"On February 14 at 12:00, Viktor Zuev, Artavazd Muradyan and Petr Salnikov will launch a live broadcast from the Owlcat Games office and play the table Pathfinder properly - in the company of people who know absolutely everything about this system.
Communicating with developers, exclusive details about the upcoming game first-hand, roleplay without end, edge and conscience - this coming Friday only at Disgusting Men. Subscribe to the channel to receive a notification about the start of the broadcast."

https://disgustingmen.com/video/pathfinder-tabletop-live-14-02-19/

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2755596

It’s Your TURN

Dear Pathfinders,

We know that many of you are eager to see a turn-based mode in our new CRPG. And though our creative vision for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is real-time with pause—we’ve designed and balanced the game to be played that way—we don't want to ignore the voices of a huge part of our community that is asking for turn-based mode. We see all your comments, and we know just how much you want this. The truth is that we’ve been working on this for quite some time already, and the plan was to announce it later once we had a playable demo. But with all the enthusiasm in the community, we decided to share it with you now.

It is official now: we will be introducing a turn-based combat option in Wrath of the Righteous!

The mod community is amazing, and we are thankful for all the work they did with Pathfinder: Kingmaker. We took inspiration from Hsinyu’s mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109

Once again, we want to stress out that our new CRPG is designed and balanced for RTWP, but with that, we're aiming to develop a turn-based mode to bring the game closer to a tabletop experience and give more control over combat for those of you, who prefer to play turn-by-turn. You will be able to control every action your characters take. More than that, we want to give you more tools to plan ahead and employ tactics based on your party's unique composition and abilities. You will be able to switch between modes on the fly, without the need to reload the location, which will give you the ability to fight any encounter in either mode at any moment.

There is still much work to do: we took the user mod as a starting point, and then we spent a long time reconsidering the interface, and also adding some useful features—for example, we will add the ability to see the exact path your character will take toward their target, taking static obstacles and other characters into account. You will also be able to see any attacks of opportunity that enemies are going to make if the character takes this path.

More info on turn-based mode will be revealed later, after we finish the Kickstarter campaign.

To arms, crusaders! Now it’s your TURN.

Owlcats

643d39d4ded3a89dec3ef9b2361057a3_original.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
DIS GON B GUD

(I just hope they make it less frustrating and annoying than the TB mod for kingmaker 1, since fighting through trash mobs gets tedious n shiet)

Quillon

Arcane
They shoulda made this an early announced end stretch goal at $2M or something to squeeze moneh from TBfags :P oh well...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
While I am definitely playing this RtwP for 1st and maybe 2nd playthrough, having official TB mode is always nice I guess. Keep the TB whiner from "Please gimme TB SMILEY FACE" everywhere.

The UI for the TB mod could be worked on and having official TB version will definitely fix that.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if they will also add turn-based to Kingmaker console release.

Quite possibly, it would be a similar approach to Pillars 2.

Hopefully they backport that to PC if they do, native support would be nice (not that there is anything wrong with the mod).

Mortmal

Arcane
Shitty turn based mode glued on rtwp confirmed, but at least they are honest game is designed and balanced around RTWP. So the mongrels happy with subpar turn based, a sea of slow trash encounters with no strategic depth will be happy, cant blame owlcat to milk money from such retards.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wow, this shapes up as one of the most interesting campaigns for IE-like game, even after all tremendous effort Obsidian and Inxile spent on complete annihilation of people's faith in isometric (kickstarted) RPGs with PoE and Numanuma.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Shitty turn based mode glued on rtwp confirmed, but at least they are honest game is designed and balanced around RTWP. So the mongrels happy with subpar turn based, a sea of slow trash encounters with no strategic depth will be happy, cant blame owlcat to milk money from such retards.
The mod was great so I think this will be good too.
Doesn't slow down trash fights either because you can switch TB/RTWP modes on the fly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom