Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Watching a number of gameplay videos of the game has given me the impression that there's a lot that's not showcased by the developers, so that's piqued my interest. Been looking for another game to scratch the ARPG itch. Going to give it a shot; will post impressions.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Been watchin' a few review videoes too to get myself hyped up for tonight.

The graphics, animations and visual/audio feedback is amazing. It's really the best looking ARPG released to date, crisp, clean and awesome. Truly next-gen looking.

And the mechanics looks to be complex enough to satisfy most needs of fans.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
People are saying the passive tree is bland and boring (small and contains mostly generic bonuses).

EDIT: on the flipside, I'm hearing that combat is slow and methodical, which is great.

Last edited:

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
People are saying the passive tree is bland and boring (small and contains mostly generic bonuses).

EDIT: on the flipside, I'm hearing that combat is slow and methodical, which is great.
Been meaning to get this since it's rather cheap, but from the info I've gathered most people complain that the skill trees are lackluster % gains. Still conflicted about it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Been meaning to get this since it's rather cheap, but from the info I've gathered most people complain that the skill trees are lackluster % gains. Still conflicted about it.

I expected more from the passive tree because of the rotational aspect (and they touted it hard). I'm going to wait a few more weeks until someone gets to the endgame.

Turuko

Learned

i don't think they showed the 1.0 full tree? or is out there?

Sacibengala

Prophet
What a trashy character design, though. They still keep with this big shoulders/hipster look yet? This game was made by whom, WOW/WARHAMMER team?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Apparently, Wolcen features something called 'town management' and it looks retarded, straight out of Bugfinder: Cuckmaker.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Van-d-all Fluid animations and sense of speed are the most important. Diablo II was a 2.5D game, but skills such as Zeal or Whirlwind felt fantastic.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wolcen looks pretty neato. However, why should I play it when there is PoE, Torchlight or Diablo 2?

Newer, better animations, graphics, mechanics, fresh take on genre, novelty, next gen

I don't see yet how Wolcen is a fresh take on the genre? tbh except for the graphics I don't see how it stands out in the sea of isometric ARPGs

Wolcen has a unique ressource system, where one drains while the other one is used, making it a tough balance act, to use both, one or the other and how to equal it out. It's also classless, which few arpgs are.

It stands out, because the graphics, animations, production values, polish, UI, sounds etc. are exceptionally well done for a small company that rivals even Blizzard's diablo 3 and beyond.

As far as I am concerned, Wolcen looks and sounds to be the best ARPG since Diablo 2. Far surpassing Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Torchlight and yes, Path of Exile

ADL

Prophet
Personally I'd buy in now while it's cheap, wait for impressions to pour in and if they're not good, refund it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I will play Sacred 1. Will wait to see if they ruined the coolest skills of the game with cooldowns and artificial gear dependency while play old games. If the game doesn't look or play like a wow/d3 clone, i will purchase

The lack of skeleton armies is disappointing but I do enjoy the fantasy 40K art style so between that and hearing it allows respeccing at any time (I fucking despise theorycrafting) I decided to buy it. Will see how it goes. I also like the general setting portrayed, from what I've seen.

Perkel

Arcane
pre-release official FAQ

What time is the game releasing?

18:00 CET

https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

Or refer to the automated reply bot in the comments

Will my character be wiped?

Yes, everything will be wiped.

Should I uninstall the beta?

Yes, you should. Use Steam to uninstall the game, then go to your Steam directory <SteamDir>\steamapps\common and delete the "Wolcen" folder after it has uninstalled.

This prevents any potential conflicts with old data.

How big is the game?

~22GB

Can we preload the game?

No, there is no preload unfortunately :(

Is there a server in my region?

Depends on your region. From the beta, servers were available across NA, EU, Asia/ AUS and more. We don't know if the same locations will be available come release yet.

How much is the game?

Depends on your region, as regional prices apply (for example, it may be cheaper in places like Russia, compared to EU/US).

US pricing is currently $30 while in early access. At launch, it will go up to $45.

Any news on monetisation?

Yes, DLC and content updates will be free.

There will be a microtransaction store with cosmetics only, to help fund further development of the game.

Can I play offline?

Yes you can!

Can I transfer my offline character to online and vice versa?

No, you cannot! Offline is separated from online, as the offline game will be moddable. This is to prevent cheating in online games.

But, can I play single play online, so I can play with my friends later?

Yes! You can create an online character, and play solo if you wish.

How big are online groups?

Up to 4 players.

Can we all play through the story?

Yes!

What are good builds to go for when the game launches?

We don't know. And anyone who tells you that they have a "launch ready" build is lying. The passives and skills are all reworked for release. Some parts may remain the same, but we don't know what kind of changes to both the skill system or passive system has taken place.

We are all going in, effectively blind.

Where is the best place to get more information after the game has released?

Both the steam community page: https://steamcommunity.com/app/424370

And the discord: https://discord.gg/WolcenStudio

Will the servers break on launch?

https://i.imgur.com/MEC8xl1.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom