Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Terra

Cipher
Weird choice to bring Ethan back again, that story was done and wrapped up pretty nicely.
Hints at a more action-heavy approach are certainly concerning.

JDR13

Arcane

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
medieval setting and enemy designs

one or more witches will be hunting Ethan

zombies are wearing knight armor & wield swords

more action-heavy than Resident Evil 7, closer to Not a Hero gameplay-wise

:killit:
What are you smoking? With the exception of the action heavy stuff, this sounds awesome.

Right... zombies in medieval armor and witches. What's next? Magic?
You are right. A realistic concept like zombies should never have any fantasy elements.

JDR13

Arcane
medieval setting and enemy designs

one or more witches will be hunting Ethan

zombies are wearing knight armor & wield swords

more action-heavy than Resident Evil 7, closer to Not a Hero gameplay-wise

:killit:
What are you smoking? With the exception of the action heavy stuff, this sounds awesome.

Right... zombies in medieval armor and witches. What's next? Magic?
You are right. A realistic concept like zombies should never have any fantasy elements.

It has nothing to do with realism. Resident Evil has always been about horror rooted in fictional science. To suddenly shoehorn fantasy elements into a setting that's been established for over 20 years would be beyond dumb.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird choice to bring Ethan back again, that story was done and wrapped up pretty nicely.
RE needs good combat again.

There is a happy medium between Re 7 normal combat and the Chris gameplay from the DLC.

Resident Evil 2 remake is the level I'd want to see, precise gunplay but none of this silly WWE melee stuff.

Tehdagah

Arcane
RE needs good combat again.

There is a happy medium between Re 7 normal combat and the Chris gameplay from the DLC.

Resident Evil 2 remake is the level I'd want to see, precise gunplay but none of this silly WWE melee stuff.
They can do better. Something at least like the Dead Space games.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have you played ... any game in the series after RE2? The entire franchise is about implausibly bringing back the same characters over and over. And you love it!

Dodo1610

Arcane

https://i.imgur.com/O5RlHnC.jpg

xedXRBH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/O5RlHnC.jpg
I spent the last months replaying most RE games, Capcom I need this now!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
one thing they showed in the IGN video that isn't in Morgoth's link (much better source quality) is in the IGN video they show the new hunters, it's the frog looking blob fish things

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom