Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I would also let you know that I was going to play through BG enhanced and modded, then I realized how much it changed and became decline, so in this case the authoritative version is the best.

Should’ve listened the first time.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It doesn't matter which version you play: if you Google questions, you'll end up on my blog, anyway.

@admin. Feel free to retardo this thread at any time, or let it run its course. I don't mind.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm going to miss Lilura.

I know this is a tough time for us all however we must learn to move on from this untimely loss as that is what Lilura would have wanted.

But I will find her killer and vow to bring them brutal justice. So listen up, creep, because I know you're out there: I will find you and I will crush you and everything you hold dear.

NVM NIGGAZ SHE BACK

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Is there an authoritative source that can help me trace the Ongoing Codexian Obsession with Lilura's Blog back to a specific topic or event?

I've generated inordinate amounts of butthurt among some posters here. I began self-citing as authoritative because it's difficult not to when you're as prolific a writer as I am. Like, if someone asks about an RPG, why would I type my blog-post up again, when I can just refer them to my 3,000 word write-up? Thorough answer given.

But mostly, it was when people were saying they knew more than me, or some other crap like that: I'd self-cite and then ask them to cite posts that demonstrated their erudition. Silence always followed.

When someone can't back up a single thing they say, it's easier to just call me a spammer. Impeccable taste and King Content are unassailable, so just call me a spammer.

It's not up to them to deem me a spammer; it's up to 'Dex admin.

People were saying I was one of the best posters on the 'Dex in another thread (I myself disagree).

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You were until you began shilling aggressively. And I am being very honest when I say this - by that you only devalued your (genuinely passionate) work.

In any case, at no point in time was there any 'Codexian obsession'. It's fake news invented by Crispy, a cucked thrall. Just a lonely woman with an unhealthy obsession.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You were until you began shilling aggressively. And I am being very honest when I say this - by that you only devalued your (genuinely passionate) work.

Let's be even-handed: there was a lot of aggression from the other side. A lot. People were trying to write-off my commentary with low-ball trolls instead of squaring up and taking it to task. When I self-cited, they either backed off or went full retard with the trolling.

Also, because there was so much to cite, in most cases, I changed from linking to the blog to screencapping specific passages from it that were relevant to my contention/viewpoint. Then, some people started commenting on that negatively, too. Bunch of crybabies.

In any case, at no point in time was there any 'Codexian obsession'. It's fake news. Just a lonely woman with an unhealthy obsession.

Then maybe you and others should stop posting in this thread. Again, I didn't post this thread or entitle it: 'Dex admin/mods did. Take it up with them and stop bitching at me about it.

I wouldn't be offended if this thread was retardo'd because it isn't mine. But I will continue to post in it if I see misinformation and flat-out bullshit about me or my commentary being posted here.

"I have detailed files" of what's been said here and in Shoutbox.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I, at times, thought you were Scorpia. People with up to date blogs are passionate. I could never keep a journal.. I'm lazy.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Iggy bin was just something I decided to do and go all out with because it was funny.

Some of you guys can be taken in hook, line and sinker: you're all-too-srs; witless.

I have to wonder if the prickly pears are even literate enough to understand "hook line and sinker" and "prickly pear" without Googling them.

I, at times, thought you were Scorpia. People with up to date blogs are passionate. I could never keep a journal.. I'm lazy.

It started off as a journal but it's more srs commentary now. Read Scorpia's Baldur's Gate review and then read my Revised Retrospective. There is a yawning gulf between her and I.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you have something to say to me, you can say it out in the open, you grub.

I don't want grubs like you posting on my profile.
Grub? Why I never...

At least I didn't soft block, hard block, u-block... everybody block, block... 'ol McDonald had a farm...

Get it? Trolls be trolls - which one of us was the bigger troll?

I... I don't even understand my own post. What does that even mean? What does even low-ball troll even mean?
Does troll come from the mythical creature, or from the boat?

I don't even make sense anymore!!!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Did she ever end up writing about how people only heard and got into ToEE and Infinity Engine games because of mods? I've been waiting for that self-masturbatory piece for a while.

What are you talking about, you monkey?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It doesn't matter which version you play: if you Google questions, you'll end up on my blog, anyway.

@admin. Feel free to retardo this thread at any time, or let it run its course. I don't mind.

NO! DON'T RETARD THE THREAD!

Hi Lilura glad you're back. So...since you're still here...and since you recently did a retrospective on IWD2...I can assume it is still installed on your system?. Remember about a year ago (approx) I said that stealth was broken/nerfed by Sawyer? Any chance you may have had a chance to test that?.

Just a refresher: it fails after 1 round if you are within sight range of an enemy. Enemy has to be hostile. You can be within sight range of a hostile enemy, and as long as they can't see you (can be within their sight radius, but your character is around a wall for example) the fail will not occur and last over the 1 round.

I'd be happy for you or anyone else to prove me retarded on this. I always play stealth characters, and only played IWD2 once as a result. As mentioned - I'm pretty sure it was Sawyer excercising the balance scales.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Scorpia stopped updating her website in 2009 after saying that she was unable to afford a new computer needed to keep reviewing new games.

Not being able to afford a new PC and being shut off from writing reviews, someone in her position could feel compelled to go back to older games and write about those instead.

You get where I'm going with this, right?

I think Scorpia is the CRPG Addict :dance:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Just another example of Lilura's rampant flip-flopping.

We should start calling you Lil' Exitium.

Flip-flopping? From my profile (which moderators can post on):

lol.jpg

01.jpg

So do you want me to shut the fuck up or not?

Also, do you want to retardo this thread? Feel free.

Any chance you may have had a chance to test that?

Yes, conventional stealth fails after one round if in LoS of hostiles.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey, apologizing for telling someone to shut the fuck up is not the same thing as flip-flopping. It's called being civil.

However, this is an excellent example of flip-flopping, in case you never noticed it.

Edit: Also, first you say you want me to use moderator power to Retardo the thread, then you accuse me of abusing moderator power by posting on your precious private profile. More flip-flopping! You're like a hooked salmon!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
However, this is an excellent example of flip-flopping, in case you never noticed it.

I did. I see no flip-flopping there. Now, if you're going to try to bully me with moderation powers, I'll leave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom