Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Most casuals scatter at the sight of TB. There's a reason nuXcom had to dumb it to 2AP.

Casuals scatter at most things. There are levels of casualness. The casuals you're talking about are even more casual than the ones I'm talking about

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wait. I got a plan. If TB kickstarter comments can get Owlcat to implement TB. Then maybe they're reading my comments about monks. Then maybe there is still a chance for monk content. Holy shit, there is still hope, monk bros.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
wtf they're doing turn-based now? Weird. Not that i'm complaining but i distinctly remember the project lead said they were not going to do turn-based like 50 times.

Mortmal

Arcane
Wait. I got a plan. If TB kickstarter comments can get Owlcat to implement TB. Then maybe they're reading my comments about monks. Then maybe there is still a chance for monk content. Holy shit, there is still hope, monk bros.
Alas i fear it wont happen , the TB thing is easy to implement , just hire the guy who did pathfinder mod or give him royalties. It's enough for the TB crowd with very low standards, they are happy with any shit you shove down their throat will cost nothing, even better it will brings more money , more retards onboard. I am pretty sure the owlcat guys are very clever and understood it.
The monk ? it requires a full set of animations, flying kicks , flurry of blows ,maybe motion capture movements to look satisfying , its probably harder to do that than mounted combat.Costly and not enough return on investment.
They most certainly did read you by now, if theres no comment yet , it means no.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Alas i fear it wont happen , the TB thing is easy to implement , just hire the guy who did pathfinder mod or give him royalties. It's enough for the TB crowd with very low standards, they are happy with any shit you shove down their throat will cost nothing, even better it will brings more money , more retards onboard. I am pretty sure the owlcat guys are very clever and understood it.
The monk ? it requires a full set of animations, flying kicks , flurry of blows ,maybe motion capture movements to look satisfying , its probably harder to do that than mounted combat.Costly and not enough return on investment.
They most certainly did read you by now, if theres no comment yet , it means no.
I'm gonna get cucked by the TB crowd, wtf.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Given how this is a turn-based system being forced into a RTwP hole, I don't see how TB might turn out to be noticeably shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm gonna get cucked by the TB crowd, wtf.
Nah, if anyone get cucked thats those kinds of guys with such low standards and demands , they are probably cucked in life about pretty much everything.Already had to put two retards in Iggy bin today, should have done it earlier, the POE avatar is often a giver.

Gyor

Savant
Post: 6539813, member: 12436"]Why no tieflings in the game? Dhampirs, catfolk... meh.[/QUOTE]

There are more Tiefling subraces (11) then there are completely seperate races.

Regular Tieflings (default/mixed bloodline), Faultspawn, Grimspawn, Foulspawn, Pitborn, Hellspawn, Spitespawn, Shackleborn, Hungerseed, Motherless, Beastbrood. All of them are in Kingmaker (with the right DLC) and so all of them will be in Wrath of the Righteous from the beginning.

I also expect all the Dhampyr Subraces will be in too.

Regular mixed bloodline Dhampyrs, Ru-Shi, Svetocher, Ajibachana, Ancient-Born.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Mod Support is probably worth an update for. Hopefully they will explain how extensive the mod tool is.

Gyor

Savant

Did you not read the current stretch goal? Double Reactivity includes NPCs and companions reacting to your class (and race and heritage/subrace even).

That means that NPCs to will notice that you are playing a Monk and make fun of you for it accordingly.

And the next Stretch goal is +1 Archetype per class that means the Monk gets another Archetype.

We also know we get a Monk companion and the Zen Archer Archetype.

So that is your Monk content.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
monk bros
Who are these monk bros you keep talking to?
There are anons that like monks, they also read my guide on monks too. I am sure there are some monk lovers here, there has to be.

I do like Monks gameplay in general. Feels really cool you know, while everybody is using magic or full set magic item, monks are smashing face with fist. I only used Monk as mercenaries in PfK tho because Lawful is the most annoying alignment in general. Lawful Evil is nice but I rarely play Evil character.

But with WoR being set in a crusade maybe I'll be playing a Lawful character for once.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Did you not read the current stretch goal? Double Reactivity includes NPCs and companions reacting to your class (and race and heritage/subrace even).

That means that NPCs to will notice that you are playing a Monk and make fun of you for it accordingly.

And the next Stretch goal is +1 Archetype per class that means the Monk gets another Archetype.

We also know we get a Monk companion and the Zen Archer Archetype.

So that is your Monk content.
That's not gameplay. I want better and improved kicking and punching animations. I want cool archetypes. Zen archer is cool, but I want more. I want improved monk robes and more monk gear. I want more monk portraits too.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Hope that modder got paid.

Pink Eye If the Codex manages to raise enough to get a quest in the game, I'll vote for a monk quest for you.
You're a bro, thanks. But it's not fair. I am but just one voice. Meanwhile the Turn Based crowd has like a million people.

It's actually just 5 really loud people. Don't let it hold you back. Maybe we can get a monk monestary in the game where only monks are allowed in and you just have a monk battle Royale.

Gyor

Savant
wtf they're doing turn-based now? Weird. Not that i'm complaining but i distinctly remember the project lead said they were not going to do turn-based like 50 times.

Realizing there is a big market for it, leading to potentially increased profits, and that a amuetuer modder cranked out a great turn based mode for Kingmaker in couple of hours that worked great likely changed their mind.

Mortmal

Arcane
I like the idea of monks but they've always been pretty hopeless as a class. PF's monks are probably the best incarnation, the older versions were a joke.
They are only good in pathfinder, in 5E they are lackluster again with little interest.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is a long tradition of suck for D&D monks in CRPG, starting from BG 2 and gloriously upheld through IWD 2, ToEE(?) and NWN 1&2.

Would be a shame to break it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom