Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Even in tabletop "genius" tactical play is casting improved invisibility+fly and then bombarding enemies from complete safety.
You can't do that anymore in 5e due to concentration mechanics, not without another caster helping at least.
Up to you whether that is a good thing I suppose.
For this discussion it really does not matter how 5e does it since this is a Pathfinder 1e based game.

Generally, I will admit that I have not played a lot of 5e and what I have played was not character higher than lvl 5 so I don't know what kind of combinations and tactics exist later but I would bet some do exist. Players always try to squeeze that 5% more even from "balanced" systems.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is now going to sound negative but probably best thing for this upcoming Owlcat game would be if it was their last Pathfinder game.. I imagine BG2 would not get all the SCS and other mods if Bioware kept pushing out new BG games every 2-3 years.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just wish for a world where developers can make elegant, refined games where everything falls into place like a polished piece of a puzzle made by a fine craftsman.
Such games are neither crowdfunded nor done "by commitee". I would say that your choice is Fromsoft or rare Capcom masterpieces, but not crowdfunded isometric feature feasts.

DeepOcean

Arcane
mounts! double reactivity! class race religion reactivity! lich reactivity! crusade minigame! tb mod! pokemon evolving pets!

yes with all our many years experience of developers promises we can obviously see THIS WILL ALL GO VERY WELL
I expect alot of bugs and disappointment.

Shadenuat

Arcane
if I'd split money I would give half to SCS guys to make enemies and another half to Cleve to design labyrinthian punishing dungeons

housewives squad would be happy to write and playtest all romances for free anyway.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Absolute worst case scenario: RTwP as good as Kingmaker's with ability to switch on demand to polished version of TB mod again from Kingmaker (as good as that one was)

Seriously? You find that...objectionable? And objectivly bad? Codex, I have strawberry AND banana cake to gift you, right side is strawberry only, left side is bananas. MHN HNMH MMM *2 min. later: face covered in both strawberry and banana cake* "mm-But mm-I mm-wanted mmm-strawbery one mmm-only!!!" Then why D FUCK did you not keep your retarded hands off half with bananas?! "Cause mmmm-bananas taste sooo gud!" *swallows*

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Codex's game of the 2020s and first name of many members' firstborn. Mark this prophecy down
:martini:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Wasn't there a lot of speculation that one of the more likely modules to be adapted as the sequel was a pirate-themed one?
Man Owlcat sure are a bunch of bros not to do that one and totally cuck Obsidian with a superior pirate sequel.

deuxhero

Arcane
This is now going to sound negative but probably best thing for this upcoming Owlcat game would be if it was their last Pathfinder game.. I imagine BG2 would not get all the SCS and other mods if Bioware kept pushing out new BG games every 2-3 years.

I'm not really seeing your point. Bioware put out NWN or an expansion (and KotOR, which used the same wretched combat system) to it every year after ToB for four years. Three years after that they released DAO (Same wreteched combat system, marketed as spiritual successor), then they released ME2 a couple of months after that and never produced anything worth anything but laughing at since

Wasn't there a lot of speculation that one of the more likely modules to be adapted as the sequel was a pirate-themed one?
Man Owlcat sure are a bunch of bros not to do that one and totally cuck Obsidian with a superior pirate sequel.

Skulls and Shackles was more speculated on because it was one of the less linear APs (very important in a video game), the one with the most moral flexibility, and the biggest problem was the easily fixable one that its ship combat rules needed another pass on balance (ship HP was too high, so boarding was the only practical option), rather than necessarily demand for a pirate themed game.

Frankly if Paizo doesn't let them do another 1E game, they should just take the engine and do an OGL based game based on one of the many third party APs. At the very least keep the option open as a bargaining chip.

Last edited:

Gyor

Savant
Owlcat! I know you read my comments! You set a DANGEROUS precedent here. Now that you appealed to the TB crowd. You HAVE to appeal to me. Mounted monk combat confirmed. Zen archer confirmed. Now give me other monk content!

Where did you hear about mounted monk combat confirmed?

Drowed

Arcane
Drowed, I see your point, but I don't think what you're proposing or imagining is something that can practically be pulled off. You'd essentially be asking Owlcat to design two separate games.

Well, I mean, wasn't that exactly my point? I literally said that this is out of their scope. POE2 tried to do that, and failed because they didn't change the encounter design enough.

I don't think any mid-tier developer would be able to invest the time and money needed to make this work. And no big developer would spend a lot of money on a turn-based or RTWP RPG in the first place. So, it's kind of a hypothetical situation. It's theoretically possible, but I doubt very much that it will ever be realized in practice.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

What I'm secretly most hopeful for is that all these Pathfinder games are being just used to build experience, tools, bigger team and reputation for Owlcat. What they and creative director Alexander Mishulin (HoMM5) were truly born for is to make excellent Heroes of Might & Magic games!

Gyor

Savant
mounts! double reactivity! class race religion reactivity! lich reactivity! crusade minigame! tb mod! pokemon evolving pets!

yes with all our many years experience of developers promises we can obviously see THIS WILL ALL GO VERY WELL

If they are smart, they are going to remove the pokemon and the mount combat tbh. Even though I pledged after I read about TB, I was on the fence either way and I'm not going to be very mad (just a little bit) if they cancel that as well. A focused game is much better than trying to do everything at once and failing at each one. Yes, I'd prefer it to only be TB instead of only RTwP, but that's not going to happen.

You do realize the basic game is almost done, unlike the Kingmaker kickstarter the whole point isn't to fund the game, that has already been done, the goal of this kickstarter is purely add ons. That is why the kickstarter goal was only $300,000 instead of $500,000 like Kingmaker was.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

I'm not really seeing your point. Bioware put out NWN or an expansion (and KotOR, which used the same wretched combat system) to it every year after ToB for four years. Three years after that they released DAO (Same wreteched combat system, marketed as spiritual successor), then they released ME2 a couple of months after that and never produced anything worth anything but laughing at since

Skulls and Shackles was more speculated on because it was one of the less linear APs (very important in a video game), the one with the most moral flexibility, and the biggest problem was the easily fixable one that its ship combat rules needed another pass on balance (ship HP was too high, so boarding was the only practical option), rather than necessarily demand for a pirate themed game.

Frankly if Paizo doesn't let them do another 1E game, they should just take the engine and do an OGL based game based on one of the many third party APs. At the very least keep the option open as a bargaining chip.
I hope they do a pirate game at some point. I love pirates like Pink Eye loves monks if I'm being honest.

Efe

Erudite
how many of you turn based haters tried the tb mod for kingmaker?
also im noting your betrayal pink and from now on will lobby against monks...

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
how many of you turn based haters tried the tb mod for kingmaker?
also im noting your betrayal pink and from now on will lobby against monks...
It was naive to think I could keep ignoring the issues within the Pathfinder community. One way or another, sides had to be taken. I appreciate your support thus far, in regards to monks. And understand fully, that you have to do what you have to do.

Efe

Erudite
you could do the dlc dungeon with turn based mod..
you make 4 characters and go into action instantly.

then we can have a discussion on how much you like turn based mod

i had meant this for crispy but anyone that hasnt tried tb mod yet should give it a go.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
you could do the dlc dungeon with turn based mod..
you make 4 characters and go into action instantly.

then we can have a discussion on how much you like turn based mod
For you, I will play the DLC dungeon on Turn Based, and post screenshots. You've been the best supporter in the monk campaign, you deserve that much.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have a bad feels for this game. Too much stretch goals and pointless additions. Adding a TB systems seems like a retarded idea to me,the first game sold well because it was a good RTwP. This seems like a trying to cater an audience that didn't had interest in the game. To me it seems like a huge waste of resources on to a redundant system that will only unnecessary complicate the developed system. We will be in for a ride on to release,

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I have a bad feels for this game. Too much stretch goals and pointless additions. Adding a TB systems seems like a retarded idea to me,the first game sold well because it was a good RTwP. This seems like a trying to cater an audience that didn't had interest in the game. To me it seems like a huge waste of resources on to a redundant system that will only unnecessary complicate the developed system. We will be in for a ride on to release,
The mod was like 95% of what they need for TB, I doubt it'll take many resources. Don't be a drama queen my friend

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom