Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pink Eye what program do you use that shows the temperature and the FPS? Also, nice initiative rolls.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Which button do they press to start combat? What's the distance in pixels before enemies attack? How do they select all characters in the party? How do they group several party members together? Also, can I see the 20 dice roll animation in a CRPG?
You can read your 1-20 dice roll in your combat log in a CRPG.
You don't have to "press a button" to start combat in KM, it starts when you encounter enemies same as PnP.
The rules are adapted quite closely from tabletop. A CRPG is different obviously but the rules underpinning the system haven't been changed much more than necessary to make it work as a single player CRPG.
Come on dude I get that you're sick of people complaining it's not "PnP enough" but despite your name I refuse to believe you're really this dumb.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Come on dude despite your name I refuse to believe you're really this dumb.
Our friend from Bulgaria has opened my third eye, and now I am in full harmony with my nickname.

I insist that the act of saying or typing the phrase "My mage throws fireball to the group of goblins" is vastly different from the act of pressing spell hotkey, then carefully positioning with the mouse the red circle on HD rendered battlefiled on the screen. They are vastly different on that level of abstraction that tabletoppers are so fond of. So whatever experience they have at the desks is completely different kind of games than CRPG's. And so one can emulate the other, but only that much.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How come Kingmaker was made for TB system? From what i know it was made from another d&d like game. Which are not TB games because they are not computer games lol.
Of course the Pathfinder rule set is for a turn-based game, how do you think D&D gameplay works, just a bunch of fucking idiots shouting over each other like Jerry Springer or something? No they take turns obviously so that's how the game's designed.

And why it should be different here? It is not like the game is out and we know how it is implemented
Because they said in the update that you can switch between TB and RTWP on the fly, same as in the Kingmaker mod.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Why are you talking about retarded shit?!?! You can't have a board game being rtwp,we are talking about computers,don't show that shit in it. Boardgames are to get drunk with friends and have a good time,nobody cares if it is turn based or rtwp. I don't argue that the game should be rtwp because i could have drink with a bunch of friends at the bar....simultaneously!

Mortmal

Arcane
have to admit I didnt expect so much anger and resentment between the two nations of TB and RTwP that could rise up after a simple optional gameplay mode that can be toggled at will
You got it wrong on those two nations , its quality gaming vs Dumb shit . I prefer turn based combat in crpg, but meaningfull one with depth(think jagged aliance 2, kotc, toe, hopefully solasta soon) , good rtwp second, a faaar second . A tb mode on a rtwp game is dumbfuckery and those who are satisifed by so little ,well..Its not hate or anything, it just in all seriousness those kind of people ruin my hobby , truly devs are catering to them ,if we dont get nice things its cause of them. They are a waste of oxygen and should be reconditionned as fertilizer . Thats all ,just my most sincere feelings.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I don't like playing monks because I like using interesting weapons instead of fists the whole game. But if they add waveblades, or some other cool monk weapons, I would love to play one. Kingmaker had lackluster monk weapons.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
round based buffs are actually useful.
I don't want to be rude, but I am using Tristian round length buffs in about 1/3 of fights. In RTwP.

I don't like Tristian in general, though.
I know that. In the Turn Based mod, the buff is put on pause. When it is your turn, the timer goes down.
Example:
I cast buff on my monk:
tj3Wqsv.png
E84WCTh.png

Notice how the timer is stuck on 6s. Even though the game is not paused. When its my monks turn the buff starts to go down.
ZSFBwMP.png

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Why are you talking about retarded shit?!?!
Because you asked a retarded question buddy
If you have no intention of leading an actual discussion about that shit,then stop bothering me. Keep on giving me negative ratings in attempt to heal your butthurt and leave me be.
What are you talking about? You asked "is Pathfinder based on TB system" and I told you it is, because basically every PnP/board game ruleset is a TB system. Like what other discussion is there to even have about that?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't like playing monks because I like using interesting weapons instead of fists the whole game. But if they add waveblades, or some other cool monk weapons, I would love to play one. Kingmaker had lackluster monk weapons.
Yes, but I would like to point out some things:

1) you cannot be disarmed, for you do not wield a weapon
2) you cannot be sundered, for you do not don armour
3) you cannot be stopped, for you have built fortitude in countless hours of training
4) you cannot be dissuaded, for, in your wisdom, can see through any enchantment
5) all spells do half the damage, for your reflexes are honed to perfection

... and so whoever is up against you is already dead. They just don't know it yet.

:)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why are you talking about retarded shit?!?!
Because you asked a retarded question buddy
If you have no intention of leading an actual discussion about that shit,then stop bothering me. Keep on giving me negative ratings in attempt to heal your butthurt and leave me be.
What are you talking about? You asked "is Pathfinder based on TB system" and I told you it is, because basically every PnP/board game ruleset is a TB system. Like what other discussion is there to even have about that?
No you talked about being based on TB system,i asked about which one. And then you went on talking about irrelevant things like board games. We are talking about computer games,thus i assumed that you are also talking about pc system,not about something so obvious like "muh it came from a board game"

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Round based buffs and debuffs are much more useful in TB and are easier to manage due to how the duration only get reduced on each actor turn. It also makes trip/grease/CC spells incredibly strong. Charge will become de facto way to move around the battle. Scrolls and Wands also becomes easier to use because you are no longer micro manage. Enemies in general are way way easier because there is no micro involved so you can cheese everything.

The only harder thing I can thought of is pathfinding and positioning your tank due to initiatives roll.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
No you talked about being based on TB system,i asked about which one. And then you went on talking about irrelevant things like board games. We are talking about computer games,thus i assumed that you are also talking about pc system,not about something so obvious like "muh it came from a board game"
You were the one who brought up that Kingmaker is based on a PnP game dude, which is a ruleset based on taking turns, so obviously it is based on a TB ruleset.
The game that Kingmaker is based on isn't irrelevant because it's the rules that make the PnP game and the CRPG. Like D&D is not irrelevant to the infinity engine games.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Pink Eye can you test if the casts right next to the enemy can be interrupted?
If you're engaged with an enemy, you can still perform an attack of opportunity when they perform a spell or ranged attack, it seems. So I guess so.
SI5eqj2.png

There were not any enemies that could cast spells though. So I couldn't test to see if you can interrupt enemy spells. I think they will still have to do concentration checks when engaged.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Round based buffs and debuffs are much more useful in TB and are easier to manage due to how the duration only get reduced on each actor turn. It also makes trip/grease/CC spells incredibly strong. Charge will become de facto way to move around the battle. Scrolls and Wands also becomes easier to use because you are no longer micro manage. Enemies in general are way way easier because there is micro involved so you can cheese everything.

The only harder thing I can thought of is pathfunding and positioning your tank due to initiatives roll.
Pretty much. I just want to say that enemies have limited movement in TB. So that's cool too.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
From Kickstarter comments:

6pm PST - 2/13/20

Social Goals Update:

KS Backers: 18,155/21,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+940 last 24hr)

YT Subs: 12,400/20,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+500 last 24hr) [approx]

Instagram Subs: 3,755/5,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+159 last 24hr)

Twitter Followers: 10,107/12,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+261 last 24hr)

Twitter RTs: 2,588/2,500 [Lvl 3 reached] (+142 last 24hr)

Discord Followers: 6,051/6,000 [Lvl 3 reached] (+229 last 24hr)

Facebook Shares: 1,460/1,200 [Lvl 3 reached] (+23 last 24hr)

Twitch Followers: 7,192/10,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+247 last 24hr)

Stars achieved: 19

====

Needed to Finish Level 3:

KS Backers: 2,845

YT Subs: 7,600

Instagram Subs: 1,245

Twitter Followers: 1,893

Twitter RT's: 0

Discord Followers: 0

Facebook Shares: 0

Twitch Followers: 2,808

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom