Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
TBbMzTz.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
how many of you turn based haters tried the tb mod for kingmaker?
the real question is how many people played with TB on above Challenging.

u can start tb in dlc dungeon
oh yeah, all 50 levels of pure tactical awesomesauce content of repeating copypasted rooms.

You do realize the basic game is almost done.
That and Owlcats style of "almost done" just frightens me.
an RPG of that caliber even with tried engine should have release date of 2023 or so.

RTWP people pulling out did not have that much of an effect on the fundraiser.
the Dixon squad. :M
there should be 2 npcs in game who fite named Jayce and Dixon. one of them rushed another and another tries to wait for initiative. in the end both die. rpg codex quest.

I hope they nerf dex. Playing dex builds is too easy because its the god-stat in Kingmaker.
Between str and dex, dex is actually weaker of the 2.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
how many of you turn based haters tried the tb mod for kingmaker?
the real question is how many people played with TB on above Challenging.

u can start tb in dlc dungeon
oh yeah, all 50 levels of pure tactical awesomesauce content of repeating copypasted rooms.

You do realize the basic game is almost done.
That and Owlcats style of "almost done" just frightens me.
an RPG of that caliber even with tried engine should have release date of 2023 or so.

RTWP people pulling out did not have that much of an effect on the fundraiser.
the Dixon squad. :M
there should be 2 npcs in game who fite named Jayce and Dixon. one of them rushed another and another tries to wait for initiative. in the end both die. rpg codex quest.

I hope they nerf dex. Playing dex builds is too easy because its the god-stat in Kingmaker.
Between str and dex, dex is actually weaker of the 2.
This site is filled with dum dums. But holy fuck am I glad I am not on the pathfinder steam forums. Being perma banned was a god send, I tell you what.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
This site is filled with dum dums. But holy fuck am I glad I am not on the pathfinder steam forums. Being perma banned was a god send, I tell you what.
The Pathfinder steam forums/reviews were a fucking cesspool at release. I don't know if it's still so bad, but likely it isn't much better.

Efe

Erudite
you want people to play through whole campaign just to see how turn based plays out? Why do they need to play it above challenging?
Pink Eye Do you agree turn based mode makes game easier?
How easy do you think it makes it?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
you want people to play through whole campaign just to see how turn based plays out? Why do they need to play it above challenging?
Pink Eye Do you agree turn based mode makes game easier?
How easy do you think it makes it?
No. I don't agree. I think Turn Based makes the game more tactical. You have more time to review your options, and carefully micromanage your units. Short timed buffs also have more use in TB. However, I didn't spend a lot of time in Turn Based.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The Pathfinder steam forums/reviews were a fucking cesspool at release. I don't know if it's still so bad, but likely it isn't much better.
I wouldn't know. It has been months since I looked at the pathfinder steam forums. My exile from the pathfinder steam forums, lead me to the codex. However, ironically enough, the reason why I left 4chan and relocated to steam. Was because the Kingmaker community died off on 4chan. The Pathfinder community is now back and thriving on 4chan thanks to the kickstarter. I should have went back to where I came from originally. But I think I made some friends here, and have grown to like some of the users here. So I don't think I am going to be leaving this site any time soon.

Last edited:

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
STR does more damage, because it scales harder than DEX. Dexterity is only useful for AC stacking.
Source? I would think a DEX based TWF build would do close to as much damage as a two-handed STR build when you factor in that buffs and magic item bonuses scale with the number of attacks- all while having a higher AC, reflex, and initiative.

Shadenuat

Arcane
you want people to play through whole campaign
first fight against tartuk is enough. he will almost always win initiative and fireball you. in RTwP you move party back to entrance and let him kill his own kobolds, in TB party dies right after dialogue begins.

the autism levels of 50 zombie fight or throwing 22 bombs round after round into will o wisps is also much fun in tb. but honestly old sycamore would already make you turn on and off between modes proving easily that you simply need 2 different encounter designs for 2 modes.

the Magus truly shines in TB though.

[inhales]

i was dm since fall of constantinople
owlcats are bad dms
octavia has too little con
spider swarms
spider cave
spider swarms
bokken
spiders swarms
i played act 1 for 50 hours and can't finish it because of time limit
i rested for 30 hours and trolls ate my kingdom
grease is useless
why do i suffer ac penalty for shooting
why do i suffer ac penalty for shooting greased enemies
why am i overencumbered for collecting all loot in the level
i forgot to memorise my spells
wizards suck
i am locked in dungeon and didnt bring rations
count dazlesomething

[implodes]

STR does more damage, because it scales harder than DEX. Dexterity is only useful for AC stacking.
Source? I would think a DEX based TWF build would do close to as much damage as a two-handed STR build when you factor in that buffs and magic item bonuses scale with the number of attacks- all while having a higher AC, reflex, and initiative.
enlarge person and its high level equivalents are too powerful.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Power Attack, bigger weapon dice, 1.5x Str bonus for 2-handed, easier to buff Str with Enlarge/Legendary Proportions, then stuff like Haplo's Vital Strike shenanigans all make Str pretty good. I'd be surprised if you could get more damage with Dex builds (but yes there are other advantages as you mention).

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Absolute worst case scenario: RTwP as good as Kingmaker's with ability to switch on demand to polished version of TB mod again from Kingmaker (as good as that one was)

Seriously? You find that...objectionable? And objectivly bad? Codex, I have strawberry AND banana cake to gift you, right side is strawberry only, left side is bananas. MHN HNMH MMM *2 min. later: face covered in both strawberry and banana cake* "mm-But mm-I mm-wanted mmm-strawbery one mmm-only!!!" Then why D FUCK did you not keep your retarded hands off half with bananas?! "Cause mmmm-bananas taste sooo gud!" *swallows*

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Codex's game of the 2020s and first name of many members' firstborn. Mark this prophecy down
:martini:

Did you have a stroke half way through that or are you really this much of a degenerate?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I don't like playing monks because I like using interesting weapons instead of fists the whole game. But if they add waveblades, or some other cool monk weapons, I would love to play one. Kingmaker had lackluster monk weapons.
Yes, but I would like to point out some things:

1) you cannot be disarmed, for you do not wield a weapon
2) you cannot be sundered, for you do not don armour
3) you cannot be stopped, for you have built fortitude in countless hours of training
4) you cannot be dissuaded, for, in your wisdom, can see through any enchantment
5) all spells do half the damage, for your reflexes are honed to perfection

... and so whoever is up against you is already dead. They just don't know it yet.

:)
Also you get to punch demons and shit

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope they nerf/fix the Crane style feats, so not every build dips 1 monk level and gets godly amounts of AC without wearing armor with basically no downsides.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I hope they nerf/fix the Crane style feats, so not every build dips 1 monk level and gets godly amounts of AC without wearing armor with basically no downsides.
I think Crane Style was working as intended but Crane Wing/Riposte was bugged to work with any weapon or with Spellstrike when it wasn't supposed to.
I do agree that the Monk 1 dip was fairly degen though not nearly as much as a Vivi dip.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I think Crane Style was working as intended but Crane Wing/Riposte was bugged to work with any weapon or with Spellstrike when it wasn't supposed to.
I do agree that the Monk 1 dip was fairly degen though not nearly as much as a Vivi dip.
I disagree, I think monk dip is worse.

Sure 1 lvl Vivi dip early is crazy tempo with 1d6 sneak (2d6 with Accomplished) and 4 Str + 2 natAC. But it slows progression and late game it's whatever.
Monk dip on the other hand is good early to get easy AC with Crane style and you get to use monk weapons with flurry of blows, plus late game you get godly amounts of AC due to Crane feats and the amount of stats from items.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
first fight against tartuk is enough. he will almost always win initiative and fireball you. in RTwP you move party back to entrance and let him kill his own kobolds, in TB party dies right after dialogue begins.

I mean everything is easy with meta knowledge.

In Challenging/Hard Linzi has very good chance of winning roll against Tatuk. Octavia should be able to do this too. Just cast Grease on him then bunrush charge him. Always did that in TB. Then its cleaning rest of the kobold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom