Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Reminds me of that play through of 6 Sylvan Sorcerers with Smilodons they just rape everything.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Whoa! My monk punched this person SO HARD! She erupted into flames! Holy wow!
Kbi6cck.png

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
So.... I had to pussy out and put the difficulty down to "Hard" I'm sorry but some random hobo 1 shotting a sabertooth tiger with a dagger isn't fun.

Does difficulty make skillchecks harder? Also I camped and got attacked 3 times before I could rest this is still pretty crazy.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Question about the ending:

Do you need to romance Nyrissa to not kill her? Is breaking her curse a separate trigger than the romance?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Question about the ending:

Do you need to romance Nyrissa to not kill her? Is breaking her curse a separate trigger than the romance?
No you don't.
you can let her live and drive off the Lantern King without romancing her, I think you just need high approval from her and you need curse research. But you have to romance her to destroy the Lantern King.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
How viable is going elven curved blade + dex to hit and dmg + intimidation feats? Something like 4 levels of thug + ranger for no stat req feats or wasting some points on 13 str and going two handed fighter. Does stuff like power attack, intimidating prowess etc. even work with dex to dmg?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Viable. Not great.

Power Attack works regardless of to-hit bonus attribute.

Intimidating Prowess is always Strength based.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, I made a brainfart with intimidating prowess. It obviously won't work with dex, why would it. But if power attack=>cornugon smash=>dreadful carnage works then I might try this build as I never used elven curved blades before.

Seems I also forgot slayer exists, that's a better fit for such build.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Okay I've discovered InEffect's "Unfair Kineticist" which he claims can crush the game from lvl 3 onward in unfair.

My question is does anyone actually know what a Kineticist does? Is it actually good? Is it stronger than a Sylvan Sorcerer?

Even though I did use the goat twins I just gave them a crossbow and made them stand at the back of the party. I genuinely have no idea what a Kineticist does.

frajaq

Erudite
Okay I've discovered InEffect's "Unfair Kineticist" which he claims can crush the game from lvl 3 onward in unfair.

My question is does anyone actually know what a Kineticist does? Is it actually good? Is it stronger than a Sylvan Sorcerer?

Even though I did use the goat twins I just gave them a crossbow and made them stand at the back of the party. I genuinely have no idea what a Kineticist does.

a particular combo of the Kineticist ability is EXTREMELY powerful when you reach that lvl, the guide should tell you when you get Deadly Earth as soon as possible

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
a particular combo of the Kineticist ability is EXTREMELY powerful when you reach that lvl, the guide should tell you when you get Deadly Earth as soon as possible

He gets it at level 14? The hard difficulty is a bit not hard so I want to try unfair.

Unfair Kineticist.

Race: Human

Alignment: Any

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 19 > 24
Con: 16
Int: 7
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Main skills: Persuasion(Max)
Suggested secondary skills: Trickery if you want to abuse not sharing exp for skill checks. Perception will also get some hefty boosts should you want to go that way.

Final Build: Kineticist 19 / Rogue(Thug) 1

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Kineticist - Point-Blank Shot // Precise Shot // Fire / Extra Range
Lvl 2: Kineticist - Fire > Dazzling Display
Lvl 3: Rogue - Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Lvl 4: Kineticist - Fan of Flames
Lvl 5: Kineticist - Weapon Focus: Kinetic Blast // Fire > Dreadful Carnage
Lvl 6: Kineticist - Burning Infusion*
Lvl 7: Kineticist - Skill Focus: Persuasion // Fire’s Fury
Lvl 8: Kineticist - Earth
Lvl 9: Kineticist - Shatter Defences // Earth > Trip
Lvl 10: Kineticist - Bowling Infusion
Lvl 11: Kineticist - Fury’s Fall // Earth > Greater Trip
Lvl 12: Kineticist - Wall
Lvl 13: Kineticist - Agile Maneuvers // Enduring Earth
Lvl 14: Kineticist - Deadly Earth
Lvl 15: Kineticist - Persuasive // Elemental Whispers - Centipede**
Lvl 16: Kineticist - Water > Water
Lvl 17: Kineticist - Blind Fight // Expanded Defence > Flesh of Stone
Lvl 18: Kineticist - Fragmentation
Lvl 19: Kineticist - Toughness // Fire > Iron Will
Lvl 20: Kineticist - Cloud // Metakinesis: Empowered
*Doesn't matter much which infusion we take here. Dazzling that works once a blue moon or d6 DoT that doesn't really matter.
**Hare would be a valid alternative, but initiative doesn’t really matter for this one. If we get focused we will die flat-footed or not.

Gear: +Stat belts and hats. The rest hardly matters. Some Persuasion and/or CMD bonuses would be welcome.

Very abusive build. Deals tons of damage and controls everything from level 3 pretty much. Don’t be shy to use dazzling manually for control. That dreadful might not pop soon enough, but it’s there and will keep everything reasonably terrified of your existence. Primarily an unfair build where you can’t afford to wait for good things and AC doesn’t matter as much - you either have tons of it or none.

Use Gather Power to reduce the burn. Especially low one is a godsend(it’s not liek we plan to move much anyways)

That’s about it. Very simple and abusive build fit for unfair. No fun allowed. Thought I need to represent this one as the other kineticist is designed more for comfortable late-game play on hard than anything.

Edit: This class is actually pretty cool. Reminds me of the warlock from NWN2 but better.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kineticist is probably one of the more broken class in PfK. Even when not using Deadly earth, a pure element blast can do 80 damage when your mage spells probably only do 40 or 50 at most. And you can use blasts willy nilly because it doesnt consumer resources

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So after reading about Pink Eye's monk builds I decided to try out his Dex-based monk build. His monk builds are in his thread here.
It was good, but it requires you to go three levels into Rogue for Finesse Training. I want to try being just a pure monk with no multiclassing, so I can get access to monk abilities and improved fist weapon die earlier. So I have restarted using Pink Eye's Strength based monk build. Wasn't very far along in the game so restarting wasn't a big deal.

So far I am loving it. I'm doing a shit ton of damage with my fists and I haven't even gotten Dragon Style yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs later on.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
So after reading about Pink Eye's monk builds I decided to try out his Dex-based monk build. His monk builds are in his thread here.
It was good, but it requires you to go three levels into Rogue for Finesse Training. I want to try being just a pure monk with no multiclassing, so I can get access to monk abilities and improved fist weapon die earlier. So I have restarted using Pink Eye's Strength based monk build. Wasn't very far along in the game so restarting wasn't a big deal.

So far I am loving it. I'm doing a shit ton of damage with my fists and I haven't even gotten Dragon Style yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs later on.
Glad you like it. Yeah, STR monks are my favorite. Hey you should post screen shots of your monk kicking ass!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Kineticist is probably one of the more broken class in PfK. Even when not using Deadly earth, a pure element blast can do 80 damage when your mage spells probably only do 40 or 50 at most. And you can use blasts willy nilly because it doesnt consumer resources
Only for trash fights. When it matters your wizard/sorcerer can fire two spells per turn and one of them will be empower and maximized. This is due to having lots of metamagic rods available for wizards/sorcerers.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Only for trash fights. When it matters your wizard/sorcerer can fire two spells per turn and one of them will be empower and maximized. This is due to having lots of metamagic rods available for wizards/sorcerers.

Kineticist gets free empower/maximize/quickened blasts as a class feature.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't think Quicken ever becomes "free". Empower, sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom