Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Scorpia has some weird taste. There are only a few RPGs I even give a shit about Lilura loves them, so I wuv her.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Edit: Also, first you say you want me to use moderator power to Retardo the thread, then you accuse me of abusing moderator power by posting on your precious private profile. More flip-flopping! You're like a hooked salmon!

I didn't accuse you of abusing moderator powers at all. Do you abuse moderator powers? If so, I'll leave.

I didn't ask you to retardo the thread either. However, if you want to I wouldn't mind a bit. I have a feeling this thread is going to escalate, not incline.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just another example of Lilura's rampant flip-flopping.

We should start calling you Lil' Exitium.

Flip-flopping? From my profile (which moderators can post on):

lol.jpg

01.jpg

So do you want me to shut the fuck up or not?

Also, do you want to retardo this thread? Feel free.

Any chance you may have had a chance to test that?

Yes, conventional stealth fails after one round if in LoS of hostiles.

At last. :shredder: true vindication.

It would be in poor taste and un-sportsmanlike for me to tag all of the Codexers that accused me of some kind of lower-tier gaslighting when I brought this up. And I'm too much of a gentleman to do so. A retard in another thread called me a bet-orbiter (or something) for reading Lilura's blog, but credit where it's due for someone who has so methodically covered the IE games. Lilura if IWD is of any interest to you, maybe you could track down an answer from Sawyer on whether he purposefully changed this? Might give fans an indication of when his autism began.

Ok, I can't help it. Maybe just one - hey Cael: up yours!
:happytrollboy:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
A retard in another thread called me a bet-orbiter (or something) for reading Lilura's blog, but credit where it's due for someone who has so methodically covered the IE games.

Thank you for the kind words.

Lilura if IWD is of any interest to you, maybe you could track down an answer from Sawyer on whether he purposefully changed this? Might give fans an indication of when his autism began.

It's not my forte to correspond with devs.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was clear that Lilura was joking about the whole "iggy-binned" thing. Even while ignored I distinctly remember Lilura still upvoting or downvoting some of my posts. She was always just messing around, and still read a good bit of the comedy that was posted. Sure, there was the occasional butthurt from either her or people that got ignored, I was not exempt from said butthurt, but glad she's back and got rid of the whole ignore thing.

Lilura I was having issues running IWD2,
Alright, so I downloaded everything and the GUI is fitted to the screen and the resolution is a nice 1280x800. The only problem now is that the game seems to run really poorly? My mouse is constantly teleporting around the screen like I'm having major drops in FPS, and when I try to move around, I get the same strangely choppy feeling. Anyone have any idea why this is the case?
this was recommended to me as the fix,
Alright, so I downloaded everything and the GUI is fitted to the screen and the resolution is a nice 1280x800. The only problem now is that the game seems to run really poorly? My mouse is constantly teleporting around the screen like I'm having major drops in FPS, and when I try to move around, I get the same strangely choppy feeling. Anyone have any idea why this is the case?
I had a similar issue, used this:
http://www.bitpatch.com/ie_ddrawfix.html
with the set up from this thread:
https://af.gog.com/forum/icewind_dale_series/how_to_run_iwd_2_on_windows_10?as=1649904300
and it helped.
but I have no clue how I an use the first link, or how I'm supposed to use the setup outlined in the thread. Any ideas/help perhaps? Did you have similar problems when first running IWD2?

Last edited by a moderator:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I've only read the first one - The Crystal Shard -
Were you able to finish that? I tried because some friends told me it was nice + it was D&D, but couldn't finish it.

Yes, in order to write an authorative review.
oh boy

i read the whole trilogy a lifetime ago

an earth-of-the-salt dwarf oiling his buttocks and setting them on fire to kill a shadow dragon, truly rivetingly great stuff*

a working-class autistic barbarian boy crushing his rival's skull with his bare hands, why not?

aegis fang: what landwhale loser permanently disconnected from the Divine Essence (TM) came up with this shit? :lol:

the memories mang, the godforsaken memories persist

people who know the above don't ask why i drink daily - and yet i rememember why i no longer read popular fantasy novels (especially Raw Assfluid Salvatore) and stick to Appendix N

*not

:nocountryforshitposters:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Hey Lilura , since you're still around and I just finished replaying the whole BG saga (damn, ToB is a such a chore...) there's something I wanted to ask you. When you play, do you name your saves ? And, if so, do you have some sort of method regarding the naming ? Because I sure do (stuff like "dungeon", "explore", "town", "Level up"...), and I thought you might be one of the few posters methodic/autistic enough to do too.

Method to the madness is pretty :obviously:.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey Lilura , since you're still around and I just finished replaying the whole BG saga (damn, ToB is a such a chore...) there's something I wanted to ask you. When you play, do you name your saves ? And, if so, do you have some sort of method regarding the naming ? Because I sure do (stuff like "dungeon", "explore", "town", "Level up"...), and I thought you might be one of the few posters methodic/autistic enough to do too.

A start save plus saves named save 1,2,3,4,5 and a quick save. I rotate through the named saves, overriding the oldest. Keeps save bloat down, and with game time shown prominently it’s easy to see the oldest. Fixed saves made when leaving large areas or before big fights / quest resolutions.

That’s my ocd way to deal with named saves. Games that auto name and have 10s of save files give me an eye twitch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I use a number and also a short description for context.

This new Lilura reads more reasonable and accommodating than the old one. Something seems off.

Seems to me like the result of roughly three days of social isolation. A break can do one good as long as it doesn't last too long.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
but I have no clue how I an use the first link, or how I'm supposed to use the setup outlined in the thread. Any ideas/help perhaps? Did you have similar problems when first running IWD2?

You unzip archive, place it into IWD2 root dir, and install it.

It depends on the RPG. In BG, my savegame files might be named "Begin", "Gorion", "Imoen", "Kivan", "FAI", "Nashkel", "level 2", "mines", "Mulahey" etc.

Some save-game names are descriptive and quite long (as in Jagged Alliance 2), others are just "1", "2", "3" (if I'm going through some long, boring dungeon).

For notable save-games to be employed for commentary purposes, I may archive them with 7z along with readme.txt that goes into depth about game-state.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I rotate through the named saves, overriding the oldest. Keeps save bloat down, and with game time shown prominently it’s easy to see the oldest.

I only overwrite save-games if the changes concern inventory management, spell scroll scribing etc. Like if I just ID'd 20 quivers of arrows, moved around 50 items, re-equipped combat units or scribed several scrolls in IWD2, I'll overwrite.

I don't overwrite to combat save-game bloat. Once I feel there are too many save-games, I "cut" them out of the folder and place them elsewhere, or otherwise archive them.

Max Damage

Savant
Did she ever end up writing about how people only heard and got into ToEE and Infinity Engine games because of mods? I've been waiting for that self-masturbatory piece for a while.

What are you talking about, you monkey?

Your post from "TOEE is orgasmic" thread:
No matter how I look, I don't see the point in playing ToEE unmodded, it isn't something you'd actively look out for if you have any sanity left.

This always happens when mods gain traction. You get these little butterflies thinking they're better than others because they play Co8 for ToEE, SCS for BG2 and 1.13 for Jagged Alliance 2. And putting down people who want to play the original. Modding fanbases are the worst, which is why I take them to task on my blog.

I've taken 1.13 to task and SCS to task. Looks like it's time to take the Co8 mod to task, too. I've never liked that mod, anyway.
Still waiting for you to show us the light, o holy one.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
TOEE was a total mess at release though. In fact I think it was unplayable which wasn't common back then. Took a lot of patching to make it good. She was right about the mods too. One of them was really useful (the codex guy who added graphics options and stuff), but the one which added more content was really bad imo.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I don't care much for BG2 and JA2 mods, but playing ToEE "as is" is really wanting to punish oneself. I always use Co8 patch, if only to get rid of the overgreedy and always overburdened NPCs and their uncontrolable inventories.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom