Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's actually an example of how PnP Pathfinder truly is - whoever wins Ini wins.

and btw grease works rong in game.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
Oh yeah in the streams did anyone ask about how crafting is gonna work/if there is gonna be crafting at all?

Ruchy

Scholar
The turn based mod greatly improved my experience of the game, does it make it easier? Kinda, it gives you the option of using all the actual tools of your classes.
Would I like better encounter design? Yes but I would like that for RTwP as well.
I see no downside to this it was going to be modded in anyway.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Round based buffs and debuffs are much more useful in TB and are easier to manage due to how the duration only get reduced on each actor turn. It also makes trip/grease/CC spells incredibly strong. Charge will become de facto way to move around the battle. Scrolls and Wands also becomes easier to use because you are no longer micro manage. Enemies in general are way way easier because there is no micro involved so you can cheese everything.

The only harder thing I can thought of is pathfunding and positioning your tank due to initiatives roll.
Initial positioning is one thing, but in TB you also can't reposition on the fly to react to what's going on, when it's not your turn you can't shuffle character positioning or move from the aoe of a friendly spell that another character is casting. In RTwP you can move any and all of your party at all times even if their "turn" is on cooldown, so there are some attacks and spells that are possible to avoid in RTwP and not in TB, but yeah, in general TB is so much more manageable that it's bound to be easier unless you pause RTwP after every action.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I always thought TB is supposed to be its own interesting tactical challenge, not a way to make combat easier.

I will fully accept TB mod if Avellone would write dark Aerie romance though. If we're doing this i.e throwing in the cauldron everything in hope that it doesn't explode - then we're doing this.

Elex

Arbiter
Come on dude despite your name I refuse to believe you're really this dumb.
Our friend from Bulgaria has opened my third eye, and now I am in full harmony with my nickname.

I insist that the act of saying or typing the phrase "My mage throws fireball to the group of goblins" is vastly different from the act of pressing spell hotkey, then carefully positioning with the mouse the red circle on HD rendered battlefiled on the screen. They are vastly different on that level of abstraction that tabletoppers are so fond of. So whatever experience they have at the desks is completely different kind of games than CRPG's. And so one can emulate the other, but only that much.
If you play ttrpg with miniature and a battlemap is exactly the same.

today ttrpg are played online on roll 20 or other virtual tablet top.

at this point the only difference between a ttrpg or a conputer rpg is: the master is a real person or an IA that force the raiload.

Sjukob

Arcane
There were not any enemies that could cast spells though. So I couldn't test to see if you can interrupt enemy spells. I think they will still have to do concentration checks when engaged.
Yes, concentration checks still apply. Melee users will attempt to use AoO and interrupt the spell before it's successful cast.
atehaeheadh.png

first fight against tartuk is enough. he will almost always win initiative and fireball you. in RTwP you move party back to entrance and let him kill his own kobolds, in TB party dies right after dialogue begins.
You can buy communal resist and protection from fire scrolls from Jhod. Tartuccio will still wipe out a significant amount of kobolds even if he casts fireball before you can move.

User0001

Savant
Honestly I doubt there that many of a retards who actually would pull out. Or people that would actually pledge due to TB.

I'm jumping back on the train because of the tb announcement, beeing previously disgusted by various Kickstarter decisions and therefore pulling out. Them implementing a turn-based mode officially from the beginning is truly something to ACTUALLY get excited about instead of getting mounted by a horse as a furry stretch-goals. Have seen at least two people here that are going to pledge exclusively due to tb-implementation.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is now going to sound negative but probably best thing for this upcoming Owlcat game would be if it was their last Pathfinder game.. I imagine BG2 would not get all the SCS and other mods if Bioware kept pushing out new BG games every 2-3 years.

I'm not really seeing your point. Bioware put out NWN or an expansion (and KotOR, which used the same wretched combat system) to it every year after ToB for four years. Three years after that they released DAO (Same wreteched combat system, marketed as spiritual successor), then they released ME2 a couple of months after that and never produced anything worth anything but laughing at since
You mean they made worse games on worse engines?
Of course people kept playing BG series and making mods for those instead.

Sjukob

Arcane
that doesn't help much on high difficulties.
What higher difficulties ? 2 scrolls is enough to kill him on hard, which seems like a good result to me. And unfair is unfair, especially in the first chapter.

neither you understand the point I'm making.
Yes, yes, TB "breaks" encounters, because the developers didn't account for that, how horrible. It still is better than managing a mess that RTwP is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom