Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The 1,000+ club

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Given that the Autism is strong with the Codex I'm surely not the only one who literally poured hundreds of hours into a multitude of games. BUT which games captivated and entertained you so much that you actually spent 1,000+ hours with it?

For me there's thus far been only a single one to surpass the 1,000 hour mark:

Natural Selection 2 is a pretty niche Multiplayer team-based FPS/RTS hybrid from 2012, which evolved out of a Half-Life mod.
Sadly the player base kinda dwindled down over time and the Devs handed it's reigns over to an amateur "Community team" who fucked it up beyond recognition at this point. Hoping to milk some cash from the hardcore fans with a metric shit ton of DLC and a focus for patches on competitive Esports changes no one asked for, including most so-called pros.
:negative:

So what are your 1,000+ games?

Counter-Strike 1.6/Source. Unfortunately the playtime counter bugged out on me. I used to play those games 2-4 hours a day for at least five years during high school and to a lesser extent in college.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Almost 7.500 hours in War Thunder. I don't play as much as before, but I still really like it, and it's the only game I have played competitively with friends.

Falksi

Arcane
I think the original X-Com is the only game which, over the past 25 years or so, I've clocked up over 1000+ hours.

Super Mario World & Street Fighter 2 might be up there. Played both loads as a teen with mates day after day.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Path of Exile soon hits two thousands on Steam.
Second place for Fallout NV with 400h. Wish I could go back but there is no reason and don't have time these days to play same game again...

Skyrim? Uh, one hour? Beat the tutorial then used as a base for Endereal mod but dropped, not my type of games...

Oh and the funny part? There are two version of Path of Exile - standalone and Steam, the latter is inferior due to horrendous patching system on Steam, sometimes few megabytes fixes can take 5-30min. to chew, even on SSD.
Anyone remember X-Fire? Had some hours put there too, luckly they burned these records when they went out of business :M

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
NjJTJzn.jpg

I'm retarded.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i put hundreds of hours into soldiers: heroes of ww2 and half life 1 mods during my xfire days but i'm not aware of any archive for xfire that's complete

Lautreamont

Augur
If mods count, then Thief 2. Between 2001 and 2010 I played every single Thief 2 FM available, always attempting a ghost/perfect thief run. So about 1-4 hours per mission and probably over 600 FMs. My autism compelled me to write my own reports documenting my final mission stats and any challenges or obstacles that impeded a ghost attempt.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I've played about 1,500 hours of TF2 - but the game came out in 2007 - so I don't hold that as insanely high. I think I have over 300 hours on FO:NV - still things to discover. Probably had over 1000 hours on a couple of MMORPGs.

However, I hold my hat to a friend of mine. He actually has slowed down in the past year, as he was doing over 100 hours every two weeks on Neverwinter. I played a lot at his recommendation, but it got boring pretty fast. I have no idea what kind of shit he has or how much money he pours into the game, but come on, man.

Neverwinter.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't play online games, so this would be pretty impossible for me. I play as many games on GOG as I can, but my top hours on Steam are 200ish in Fallout New Vegas and Hitman 2.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
According to Steam:

I have one game in the 4000+ hour range.
One game over 1100 hours.
Two games with between 500-600 hours.
Other titles way lower.

All time? I don't want to finish that thought, please. The hours on some titles would be obscene.

Ivan

Arcane
I have a shameful amount of hours logged into TF2, exacerbated by my phase of selling items for keys...ugh, I was an idiot then. Live and learn.

Ivan

Arcane
According to Steam:

I have one game in the 4000+ hour range.
One game over 1100 hours.
Two games with between 500-600 hours.
Other titles way lower.

All time? I don't want to finish that thought, please. The hours on some titles would be obscene.
Do share plz :D

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Gamemaker Studio 2 - 1201 hours
RPGMaker VX Ace - 946 hours

These are my most "played" applications on Steam. Yeah, I don't play games for thousands of hours, these are the programs I use to make games.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thief 2.

Steam only logged about 200 hours because I only bought it on there a short time ago, but over 10 years of religiously playing fan missions I must have stacked up at least 2000 hours.

Puukko

Arcane
I haven't calculated my game time since 2017 I think, but I must be at around 400 days /played of WoW so far. So approaching that 10k hours mark. Next up is TF2 at just about 1000 hours.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Natural Selection 2 is a pretty niche Multiplayer team-based FPS/RTS hybrid from 2012, which evolved out of a Half-Life mod.
Sadly the player base kinda dwindled down over time and the Devs handed it's reigns over to an amateur "Community team" who fucked it up beyond recognition at this point. Hoping to milk some cash from the hardcore fans with a metric shit ton of DLC and a focus for patches on competitive Esports changes no one asked for, including most so-called pros.
Man, that game showed so much promise. It was the follow-up to AvP2 my friends and I always dreamed of; sadly, it never took flight here in South America and servers further away were unplayable due to lag.

:negative:

Don't think I have any game that goes anywhere near the thousand hour range myself. Even TF2 which I played a lot with friends must be around 200 or so, and I still consider that to be a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom