Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Maybe it's the last photo Swen took before he was eaten by his own dog Gustav. You know, the dog ate a mindflayer sometime ago... hmmm...

Elex

Arbiter
unknown.png

"baldur's gate 3 coming this year on stadia "

Gyor

Savant

I stopped watching Critical Role so totally missed this but they are now canon in D&D too, one of the characters from their 1st campaign has a cameo in the Baldur's Gate Descent book! (Which maybe makes Pillars of Eternity semi canon in D&D too since Vox Machina are playable
QSGbFWI.png
)

Not only that but WotC is publishing their Wildemount Continent for Exandia their campaign setting this spring, it comes with 3 subclasses with a Echo Knight Fighter for example and Dunamancy spells.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Can they make the game with the same art style as BG2? I mean literally the same art style, the same character models, the same animations and stuff only in modern 3d, wouldn't it be glorious?

Stop trying to act like you have good aesthetic taste; you don't. The UI, anims, paperdolls, icons and character models are objectively superior in BG (that's BG, not BG2).

Here, let me give you a few examples:

BG vs. BG2:

paperdolls.jpg

BG:

12.jpg

BG2:

archer.jpg

BG:

bg1.jpg

BG2:

bg2.jpg

BG:

Durlags%2Btower.jpg

BG2:

watchers%2Bkeep.jpg

In respect to backdrops, BG lacks the fidelity and color depth of BG2, but that's just a technical limitation of the time. In all respects, its aesthetics exhibit superior taste.

Also, BG laid down all groundwork whereas BG2 leeched off BG + IWD.

So the fact you cite BG2 over BG just shows what an idiot you are.

Everything you mentioned is subjective, retard, but i happen to agree some things are better in BG compared to BG2

No, she is actually right and you are fucking moron if you can't see it.

One of the first things i do in all games that use that God awful BG2 shit is replace everything with the BG originals.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just because Watcher's Keep doesn't look like an actual castle doesn't make it worse than Durlag's, from a design perspective. WK is a magically protected dungeon, it doesn't need primitive things like outer walls, or moats. Its design makes sense if you think about it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I am amazed to find out someone thinks BG2 aesthetics are better than BG1. Apart from the more detailed maps and effects, it's pretty much universally accepted in the community that BG1 fundamentals are vastly superior.

But even if you don't agree, there's just no way you can argue with regards to paperdolls and avatars. Here BG1 wins with such a huge margin it should be obvious to everyone.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The first thing I noticed in BG2 was the fact that portraits were way more lamer than the ones in BG1.
It was like they used a filter of gayness when creating them.

000.png

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I don't like the UI bars, inventory and char sheet in IWD much, but when it comes to maps it easily beats BG, yes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/release-date

February 14, 2020 Larian says Baldur’s Gate 3 was included in Google’s community newsletter in error. A representative of the studio tells PCGamesN: “We haven’t announced a release period, and were included in that lineup email in error.” Notably, the studio did not deny the release window, it merely said its inclusion was a mistake. Larian’s representative declined to confirm if Baldur’s Gate 3 would indeed launch this year. Original story follows.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Or maybe it's not exactly a mistake because Early Access is coming out this year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom