Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually good stretch goals -

1. Better AI
2. Megadungeon
3. Rein in spell and ability SFX
4. The story is affected by which companions you have in your party
5. Less trash mobs
6. More enemy variety
7. Shifter that isn't shit
8. "Furries not welcome" sign at the start of the game
9. No romances
10. My glorious face carved in marble at the center of the big city

Some of those might be facetious

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Pathfinder is usually played on TB, they are already copy pasting Pathfinder rules, there is already a mod for this made by a single guy that works well, why are you guise acting as if this required some miraculous level of engineering to be made?
Because it's too good to be true and spergs need to spergs, otherwise thread is not complete. Sorry/edge quota needs to be fulfilled otherwise codex will stop being codex.

Shadenuat

Arcane
the Magus truly shines in TB though.

Not just Magus. I'd argue that offensive casters, like mages and druids, shine even more in TB.

And Kinetic Knights!

Also martials with access to Pounce (barbarians, monks).
you say these words and my mind translates it into something like "I don't throw fireballs and use charge actions in RTWP" :M

Actually good stretch goalss
not bad.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I'm getting seriously concerned about this. They are promising more shit than politicians before elections. In Poland. Serious POE1 KS vibes here. Tieflings, furries, pets, mounts, TB, romances. It just seems not feasible to mange it all properly, so it's either a path towards a major controversy of scrapped stretch goals, or a premonition about a bloat of shallow systems.

Don't really care about TB, as I play both, but let's get real here - one of the modes will be half assed, simply because how the encounters will be made. Probably TBing trash mobs will be a major slog, so making it switchable on the fly was a good idea. Still, it makes them split resources for media appeal features.

And monks are hidden celibacy agenda.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
the Magus truly shines in TB though.

Not just Magus. I'd argue that offensive casters, like mages and druids, shine even more in TB.

And Kinetic Knights!

Also martials with access to Pounce (barbarians, monks).
you say these words and my mind translates it into something like "I don't throw fireballs and use charge actions in RTWP" :M

I throw them significantly less. In Turn Based I get all these tactical options presented to me every... well, round. Also fireballs and like Grease are significantly easier to aim properly in Turn Based.

As for Charge, I do sometimes. But the slight Initiative delay / delay after single attack action in Real Time is far less painful then in Turn Based.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Serious POE1 KS vibes here.

Major difference - Owlcat already have an engine. It's more comparable to Deadfire and all the changes it made to the PoE1 base - multiclassing and all that.
I mean the KS whoring TBH. The fucking backer NPC level trash. Acting like throwing enough money can magically let them expand the team at will without watering it down. It's a gold rush and they need to calm the fuck down.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Acting like throwing enough money can magically let them expand the team at will without watering it down. It's a gold rush and they need to calm the fuck down.
Imho, all campaign is built around "keeping hype train going". Seems that idea was to keep some "major" news, like TB announcement (suspiciously coincided with 1kk mark), for later, when first big wave of pledges will start to die down. So I do not think they shower people with promises without properly considering time/effort costs.

Beside, 1.5 year until release + at least 0.5 year already in development seems decent enough time to make a game with working engine and dev team's instruments. Question is, whether it is enough time to test it properly.

Konflyto

Novice
Patron
I would love if they could make animations when you last hit someone or monster and an animation of killing it started (like kill animations in fallout 1 and 2, but now with swords and maces). Dismembering is on, but I don't think it'll work very well in real time. I mean, spending 4 seconds slicing that thief in the middle of RtwP chaos

Van-d-all

Erudite
Acting like throwing enough money can magically let them expand the team at will without watering it down. It's a gold rush and they need to calm the fuck down.
Imho, all campaign is built around "keeping hype train going". Seems that idea was to keep some "major" news, like TB announcement (suspiciously coincided with 1kk mark), for later, when first big wave of pledges will start to die down. So I do not think they shower people with promises without properly considering time/effort costs.

Beside, 1.5 year until release + at least 0.5 year already in development seems decent enough time to make a game with working engine and dev team's instruments. Question is, whether it is enough time to test it properly.
And IMHO it's attention whoring and it shows a rather nasty inclinations I seriously didn't expect Owlcat to show (at least not so fast). I do realize that nowadays marketing can yield more sales than product quality, but right now they're branching out towards every possible RPGamer niche, something they won't be able to cover with the team they already have. It's a common KS / corporate fallacy that money equates features 1:1, when in reality covering loads of the promised stuff will require hiring new people, that even with best intentions can't possibly maintain the coherence of a smaller original team.

EDIT: FFS Infinitron, money isn't some magic force. If it was the case we'd be playing Star Citizen for years now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And IMHO it's attention whoring and it shows a rather nasty inclinations I seriously didn't expect Owlcat to show (at least not so fast).

Strange expectations to have from the dev that stuffed fully implemented Pathfinder system with 16 classes, full adaptation of a six chapter tabletop adventure path, and an elaborate strategic kingdom management layer into their very first game. Overambitious branching out from Owlcat? No way!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And IMHO it's attention whoring and it shows a rather nasty inclinations I seriously didn't expect Owlcat to show (at least not so fast).
With most of the "normie" media completely ignoring Kingmaker, big loud Kickstarter campaign could be their best (and only) chance for some "attention whoring", as you put it, and consequently staying afloat as indie studio after they separated from mother company.

Van-d-all

Erudite
With most of the "normie" media completely ignoring Kingmaker, big loud Kickstarter campaign could be their best (and only) chance for some "attention whoring", as you put it, and consequently staying afloat as indie studio after they separated from mother company.
Touche. A fair point.

Strange expectations to have from the dev that stuffed fully implemented Pathfinder system with 16 classes, full adaptation of a six chapter tabletop adventure path, and an elaborate strategic kingdom management layer into their very first game. Overambitious branching out from Owlcat? No way!
You miss the point. I didn't expect them to get money hungry and drunk on success. I love P:KM and there's no hiding that, but the game launched as a bug ridden mess. The kingdom management is actually a great example of what I mean - it's tacked on like AA manpads to North Korean tanks - half of the people complain about it, the other half probably wouldn't even miss it. It's an appeasement counterfeature. And setting overambitious as standard is literally a recipe for Death March development.

Besides, I backed it in the first hour of the campaign anyways. But whatever, whistle Dixie all you want, I said my piece.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Honestly nearly all the stretch goal so far is mod tier and could be done as a mod in PfK so I am not that worried about feature creep. The only major things that is technically tasking is probably only Mounted combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom