Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
feminized cloud

That's manly for them, Conan-type men are seen as gay. Different cultural attitudes and stuff
Have you never seen Jojo? Or Fist of The North Star? Or Hajime No Ippo?

yes, all gay
51VQGR52YML._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
feminized cloud

No Final Fantasy has a "manly" man as main protagonist. Even from Amano arts of old FF they are always pretty boy. It just the graphic engine doesn't support showing that in details. Go find something else to complain man.

chopped the game into pieces and made it episodic

This is + and - depending on their promise on expanding the zones. I wouldn't mind if they open up more of Midgar honestly. And making Jesse and rest of AVALANCHE saveable from that fuckface Reno. :argh:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I have higher hopes for Aerith being saveable as some super convoluted secret then I do Jesse, Biggs and Wedge alas.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I’m trying to decide what is more current year: Cloud in drag on a golden saucer date with a big burly black man, an underage girl massively into naruto, or a dog?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Had to look up Weeb.

"A weeb is a person who is interested in anime and Japanese culture. There is an important difference between a weeb and a weeaboo. The latter is a person who denounced their own culture, believe they are, or want to become, Japanese, they have a waifu or body pillow if some sort and watch hentai. Weebs are normal people who like anime and may have some merch".

Meh.

It's the same for me as watching a dubbed film. Even if the lip synching is correct - the characters are Japanese. Giving themn English voice overs comes across as tonally incorrect.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Had to look up Weeb.

"A weeb is a person who is interested in anime and Japanese culture. There is an important difference between a weeb and a weeaboo. The latter is a person who denounced their own culture, believe they are, or want to become, Japanese, they have a waifu or body pillow if some sort and watch hentai. Weebs are normal people who like anime and may have some merch".

Meh.

It's the same for me as watching a dubbed film. Even if the lip synching is correct - the characters are Japanese. Giving themn English voice overs comes across as tonally incorrect.

Watching anime in Japanese with subs makes sense if it's one of those cases where the subs are a more accurate translation. Playing a video game in a language you don't understand with subtitles is retarded because the subs are just going to be a transcription of the dub. Dubs are a less accurate translation made in the interest of making the lip syncing better. The characters aren't Japanese. There is no Japan. It's a fucking fantasy game. Weeb.

Last edited:
I find it funny the majority of this new trailer just seems to be there to ensure fans the Honey Bee Inn stuff will be there, given that was one of the things fans thought wouldn't make it into a current day FF7 remake. At this point it seems like a weird thing to build a whole trailer around given they already made it clear it'd been in.

It is interesting to see stuff that doesn't show up until after Midgar in the original game in this new trailer.

Hassar

Scholar
I find it funny the majority of this new trailer just seems to be there to ensure fans the Honey Bee Inn stuff will be there, given that was one of the things fans thought wouldn't make it into a current day FF7 remake. At this point it seems like a weird thing to build a whole trailer around given they already made it clear it'd been in. It is interesting to see stuff that doesn't show up until after Midgar in the original game in this new trailer.

I think building most of the remake so that it takes place in Midgar could be the right move. Most of the stuff outside of it wasn’t as well executed in my opinion. But I also found the Honey Bee weird in the first game and it looks weirder in this version.

On a pretty unrelated note, it’s always weird to see guns given so little damage in these JRPG combat systems. There is always so much sword masturbation that RPG designers ignore that a bullet will enter your body and shred your insides apart.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah and Blizzaga should probably frosbite you

Firaga causung major degree burn or turns you into bbq

And Thundaga would basically instantly kills or at least incapacitate and causing major degree burns

But here we are

Hassar

Scholar
Yeah and Blizzaga should probably frosbite you

Firaga causung major degree burn or turns you into bbq

And Thundaga would basically instantly kills or at least incapacitate and causing major degree burns

But here we are

Ironically, that’s what FFXIV does to attempt to differentiate the spells - fire has high burst damage, freeze will lock enemies down, and lightning will inflict damage over time. I like it when games do things like that so every special ability becomes more than just another variant of dps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom