Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You miss the point. I didn't expect them to get money hungry and drunk on success. I love P:KM and there's no hiding that, but the game launched as a bug ridden mess. The kingdom management is actually a great example of what I mean - it's tacked on like AA manpads to North Korean tanks - half of the people complain about it, the other half probably wouldn't even miss it. It's an appeasement counterfeature. And setting overambitious as standard is literally a recipe for Death March development.

Besides, I backed it in the first hour of the campaign anyways. But whatever, whistle Dixie all you want, I said my piece.

I get it, but still it feels like the stuff they've added in this Kickstarter on top of Kingmaker is not that major compared to how much is in Kingmaker itself.

I think if the campaign itself is more linear/straightforward than Kingmaker was, it might average out to be about the same in terms of how ambitious it is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:desu: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2755455

Valentine’s Update: A Sweet Little Gift from Our Writing Team!

Dear Pathfinders,

Happy Valentine’s Day! There are so many beautiful love stories around: Cupid and Psyche, Beauty and the Beast, our kickstarter campaign and its backers! Even the dark setting of Wrath of the Righteous is not devoid of love, whether it is paladins’ love of devotion, or completely human love between mortals.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

We wrote a love story

Just for you!
07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

He forbade himself to cry. But the minute he saw his mother, humming a tune as she milked the cow, the tears just poured out.

His mother turned to his quiet sobbing.

“What’s the matter, little potato?”

He always smiled at this name. His father was “big potato” and he was her “little potato,” but now… he hated it. And he hated his dad.

“They called me names again! Mom, why did you choose Dad? If I had a normal father, I would be…”

Mother handed him the milk pail and led him back to the house.

“First, you wouldn't be anything. At all. You are you because you're ours. And second… your father is the best man I’ve ever met.”

“What do you mean?”

His mother smiled. It was the faraway smile of a person casting their mind back to the past.

“Oh, you wouldn't believe it, but there were times when your mommy was wild. I was in a smuggler gang, and we even robbed people sometimes.” She sighed. “I was desperate. I thought that doing bad things was the only way to survive, since nobody in the whole world would ever care about me.”

“I care about you!”

“This was long before you were born.” Mother ruffled his hair. “One day our gang came into the caves, to grab our stash and move on… but it was a trap. We were ambushed. Our enemies were in a hurry, so they just threw our bodies into the pit, not even bothering to finish us off.”

The boy caught his breath.

“And then what happened?!”

“And then… I woke up to someone holding a torch over me. That’s when I saw him.”

“And you, like, fell in love?”

“No, I screamed bloody murder and tried to stab him. I thought he was a demon.”

The boy sighed. He wasn’t really surprised.

“But he wasn’t angry with me. He said, ‘Ah, I do the same when I catch sight of myself in a mirror.’ And then he smiled.”

His mother continued, “I don't know how to explain it, but… I’d never seen a smile like that before. Warm, sincere, a little bit sad… Maybe that was the moment I fell in love. Maybe it was when he dressed my wounds with those big yet careful hands of his, and protected me when his tribe suggested finishing what the smugglers had started. He did what nobody had ever done before: he took care of me, asking nothing in return.

“But he’s ugly... Nobody likes ugly people!”

Mother took his face in her hands.

“Remember this, and remember it well. There are ugly people in the world, yes. People who like to hurt others, people who care only about themselves, people who call others names. But your father is not one of them. To me, he is the most handsome man in the world. And his cat nose… I just can’t get enough of it!”

A dreamy expression stole across his mother’s face and she clasped her hands to her chest.

The boy laughed. He couldn’t help it. All his bitterness was gone.

“And…” his mother continued, hugging him close, her voice serious now, “he always makes me laugh. No matter how hard it is. No matter how desperate we are. Even when the whole world is against us… he’s there for me. With his strong hands. And his gentle smile. And in the end, that’s all that matters.”

“Will I grow up like him? You’re sad so often, I want to make you smile too.”

Mother kissed his forehead, right where the skin gave way to scales.

“You will, Lann. You are your father’s son, after all. My little cave potato.”

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

Happy Valentine's day!

Owlcats

a2c1517a9007f74c818899c4d89a9213_original.png

CaesarCzech

Scholar
can anyone update the social goals from what i seen we could get to Queen romance over the weekend. Instagram is at 3800 out of 5000 subscribers backers at 18462 out of 21000 twitter followers at 10200 out of 12000.

To people actually believing in feature bloat- Owlcat is playing you like a damn fiddle! Look at the goal list and approximate how much of their time and resources it will take to complete those goals, taking into account their pre-existing assets.

The mounted combat and dismemberment (it was present in the reveal trailer) were probably going to be a part of the game anyway and were thrown on stretch goals just to fill the space.

New Classes are mostly hybrid and will be stitched from existing assets of other classes, with some unique skills thrown in the mix (even 1 modder can do this within a month with little to no experience). Mods for POE, D:OS2, DA:O prove this.

Turn-Based is just a tweaked version of mod, will be quite easy to put in the game as well.

The only race that will be hard to implement is Ratfolk, but Owlcat know they aren't winning when Kitsune is on the list, which they can make just by deforming humans and slightly altering their animation.

Orchestra is outsourced, so it will not affect anything within studio, and if it's outsourced to Russian orchestra they will get 3 hour long soundtrack for 5 bucks!

Reactivity is doubled, but they don't state the initial number that is being doubled, no one will know whether they failed this goal or not!

The only thing that will take some work is 2 mythic paths and companion.

This goal list is truly a work of art- sells hills like mountains!

DeepOcean

Arcane
The retardation on this thread is reaching cancer level:
Retards: "PnP games arent turn based games!"
But on PnP, you combat enemies on turns... a turn based game is a game where you do actions on turns.
Retards: "It is not turn based because you play on paper and that is totally different!"
But you combat enemies on turns...
Retards: "It is not because you can't play animations on PnP."
Retards: To be a turn based game, it needs to look like a tabletop game.
Retards: To be a turn based game, it needs turn based rules.
But fucking Pathfinder is a turn based game and they are copying the rules of a turn based game.
Retards: But Pathfinder isnt a turn based game because it is a paper game.
But you kill enemies on turns...I give up, It is a retardation circle, an ouroboros of retardation.
When are you going to admit your first RPG was Kotor 1?
Retards: You tabletop faggits dont know shit, RPGs started with Bioware.
:timetoburn:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
To people actually believing in feature bloat- Owlcat is playing you like a damn fiddle! Look at the goal list and approximate how much of their time and resources it will take to complete those goals, taking into account their pre-existing assets.

The mounted combat and dismemberment (it was present in the reveal trailer) were probably going to be a part of the game anyway and were thrown on stretch goals just to fill the space.

New Classes are mostly hybrid and will be stitched from existing assets of other classes, with some unique skills thrown in the mix (even 1 modder can do this within a month with little to no experience). Mods for POE, D:OS2, DA:O prove this.

Turn-Based is just a tweaked version of mod, will be quite easy to put in the game as well.

The only race that will be hard to implement is Ratfolk, but Owlcat know they aren't winning when Kitsune is on the list, which they can make just by deforming humans and slightly altering their animation.

Orchestra is outsourced, so it will not affect anything within studio, and if it's outsourced to Russian orchestra they will get 3 hour long soundtrack for 5 bucks!

Reactivity is doubled, but they don't state the initial number that is being doubled, no one will know whether they failed this goal or not!

The only thing that will take some work is 2 mythic paths and companion.

This goal list is truly a work of art- sells hills like mountains!

There is no Devil Path Kaz, because Overwatch are already a Devil

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Codex hates turned-based rpg games. Another example. People here like to pretend they are hardcore, but in reality all they want is another Disco Furries.

Not true. ToEE is loved here and is turn based. Problems like trash mobs tends to be way worse with turn based, that is why a turn based game is either a masterpiece or a awful boring game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
To people actually believing in feature bloat- Owlcat is playing you like a damn fiddle
Sprawling consequences around mythics, from changes to crusade to companions reacting, is already AoD material.

Also I personally believe that yes, Owlcats are that stupid to feature creep. Russians are just prone to madness when it comes to shoving crazy shit into games.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Codex hates turned-based rpg games. Another example. People here like to pretend they are hardcore, but in reality all they want is another Disco Furries.

Not true. ToEE is loved here and is turn based. Problems like trash mobs tends to be way worse with turn based, that is why a turn based game is either a masterpiece or a awful boring game.

Turn based is coming for the king. and If you go for the king, you better not miss.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
But what if was saying that all mobs will be trash but less trash than before rather than some mobs not being trash at all ? Have you considered that my very very dour brother ?
That would be less trashy :p He's right, I meant fewer, but let's add less trashy to it.

Reinhardt

Arcane

90% of people who praises ToEE never even finished Hommlet. They just doing it for street cred.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Because 10% lost their memory after Moath house fighting some trash and only remember balor and maybe mushroom qwan; and many, many bears and elementals.

I swear I finished gaem 2 or 3 times at least and I barely remember any locations or encounters in temple itself. Some swamp village, more frogs, killing some undead with enlarged spear build, some priests, ....mushroom qwan, end.

Splitting magic missiles between 1 frog and 2 frogs was the best part.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
But what if was saying that all mobs will be trash but less trash than before rather than some mobs not being trash at all ? Have you considered that my very very dour brother ?

images

Robert Lacrymas could piss in a cup and men would call it wine, but I offer them cold clear water and they squint in suspicion and mutter to each other about how queer it tastes.

user

Savant
Because 10% lost their memory after Moath house fighting some trash and only remember balor and maybe mushroom qwan; and many, many bears and elementals.

I swear I finished gaem 2 or 3 times at least and I barely remember any locations or encounters in temple itself. Some swamp village, more frogs, killing some undead with enlarged spear build, some priests, ....mushroom qwan, end.

I only remember grinding sleep encounters
decline.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

What? Isn't TOEE the hobgoblin genocide simulator?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom