Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Bliblablubb

Arcane
We are too young to drive anyways. Sad.

Wild Slop

Arcane
On the Derelict Towers one can find in (Veil only?) missions:

Look for this tower...
EQSi87q.jpg
As you approach Cy will prompt you of a nearby Derelict.

Circle it looking at the outside edge of the panels ( probably on one of the top separated pieces) for a glowing light to find the door.
BQgJ1M9.jpg

Inside is far bigger than the broken section you entered. How? Magic! Void Magic!

I decided not to put up inside screenshots.

Now this particular time it glitched out, like some of the Missile Platforms have been, because there was no Console to hack. I asked the host to return after the mission objective were complete but he ignored my request.

I don't know if this needs to be attempted before quest objectives are complete, but think it may (best guess is hacking the console results in an additional end mission bonus).

There are questions as to what exactly doing this does / rewards. Cy will comment on you completing the bonus task "interesting find". Word is it is like Caches. However you get no "?" popup box like you do with a Cache.

Throw into the mix glitches, uncooperative pugs, and that the tower itself is RNG - it makes it hard to find answers.

*The Internet say it pays in "Dirac, Fresnels, and Spectra Vandal parts".

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Been playing some of this recently. I first played this game when it was in closed beta 7 years ago, back then I didn't think much of it since it was very barebones, then a second time in 2014 when it came to Steam. I quit both times, but I might stay for some time now. Positive so far, beyond the confusion of what you are supposed to grind where for blueprints and grind in general, but I guess that's expected in a F2P looter shooter. For weapons it's nothing unreasonable yet, but for frames it seems pretty bonkers. Granted I just unlocked Mars, but still. Just a shame that the game is owned by some shady Chinese poultry company, that basically rules out the thought of ever paying money for it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Been playing some of this recently. I first played this game when it was in closed beta 7 years ago, back then I didn't think much of it since it was very barebones, then a second time in 2014 when it came to Steam. I quit both times, but I might stay for some time now. Positive so far, beyond the confusion of what you are supposed to grind where for blueprints and grind in general, but I guess that's expected in a F2P looter shooter. For weapons it's nothing unreasonable yet, but for frames it seems pretty bonkers. Granted I just unlocked Mars, but still. Just a shame that the game is owned by some shady Chinese poultry company, that basically rules out the thought of ever paying money for it.
It's only slow at first, before you know it you aren't paying attention to it and just building things while playing normally.
You don't need to spend any money, you can farm prime parts to trade for platinum to buy things.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It is picking up pace now and it is rewarding, I'm building one gun and two melee weapons when I was on the same 4 weapons for about the first 10 hours. It's mostly the frame grind that bugs me. I have blueprints for a few, but I'm a good 30h off from starting to use any of those.
The F2P model is generous in a sense, since the grind IS the gameplay and you can grind for everything; that's why it's unfortunate I can't bring myself to spend money on it since I'd like to reward developers doing a good job, just not the Chinese company who could easily fuck up the game in less than a year which happens all too often with F2P games.

Codex Year of the Donut
It is picking up pace now and it is rewarding, I'm building one gun and two melee weapons when I was on the same 4 weapons for about the first 10 hours. It's mostly the frame grind that bugs me. I have blueprints for a few, but I'm a good 30h off from starting to use any of those.
The F2P model is generous in a sense, since the grind IS the gameplay and you can grind for everything; that's why it's unfortunate I can't bring myself to spend money on it since I'd like to reward developers doing a good job, just not the Chinese company who could easily fuck up the game in less than a year which happens all too often with F2P games.
Last time I bought any platinum it was still owned by the canadian company iirc
The F2P model should probably be reworked to make lower ranked items craft faster, would likely encourage players to stay if it slowly took longer to craft.

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't worry, the shoddy Chinese poultry company will soon be bought by someone else! Maybe Tencent!
:dance:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Farm relics with quick capture missions on the void then open them doing public void fissures, most people at this time have riven mods, tons of forma and prime weapons so they are pretty much one clicking killing trash mobs in mass so you just enter on a group and let them carry you. The pieces that are missing, if you don't have patience to farm for them buy platinum at a 75% off platinum cupom daily reward and use the platinum to buy the missing pieces on the warframe marketplace. You can get pretty much most prime weapons and prime warframes very quick.

Public survival void fissure missions are very good to level up and farm for resources on the beginning, so if one is happening on a planet with resources you wanna farm, keep an eye on them, just let the other players carry your scrub ass. Don't torture yourself, just go playing normaly and when there is an event with double XP, buy a XP booster then max out all your warframes with 4x the XP on a few hours to get the mastery levels. The only thing that is pain is the RNG on the Riven mods stuff, too much steps to get one for you to be screwed by RNG.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Last night I did an Anomaly, nothing special other than 3 extra parts, when the ending reward rolled in:

OaFbVxt.jpg

What luck! Right?

RIGHT!?

J88D4cY.jpg

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

The odds are said to be something around 2% to get the Vidar, but the range of Avionics Capacity is 30-100.

I'm saving it as a reminder.

And in the desperate chance they might re-jigger some of the sad stats.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The whole thing really sucks, there's already nothing left to do but try to farm reactors or avionics with 2% or less chance to drop. DE is going to "fix" that, as if they didn't do it on purpose to delay people from running through the tiny amount of content.

Being a pilot is still the absolute fucking worst thing in the world, if you fly your own ship in a pub game you're guaranteed to get a squad full of mouth-breathers with a collective IQ of a cup of lukewarm jello.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The F2P model is generous in a sense, since the grind IS the gameplay and you can grind for everything

Technically, yes... but practically, no. Besides, schemes like the "vaulting" of frames and limited Baro runs allow people who've been playing longer to take advantage of those who haven't, which is actively slimy.

I say this as someone who quit the game as a very wealthy player who owned every single frame at the time, every useful non-Riven mod at every useful level (except Primed Chamber), tons of arcanes, etc.

Primed Chamber is actually a great example of something you can't realistically grind for, although checking the Wiki now, they brought it to Baro at some point! Nevertheless, it remains a good general example of unobtainium in Warframe.

Codex Year of the Donut
rivens were where I drew the line and started to dislike the game, the cost of good rivens and how ridiculous they were essentially transformed it into a buy2win game
which is even worse considering they come around to nerf the good rivens once or twice a year to get their whales to buy new rivens

Lhynn

Arcane
Its extremely easy to farm kuva to reroll Rivens now. And most of the godly rivens are kind of useless thanks to riven dispo changing so often. They are finally serving their purpose of just bringing bad weapons up to par with the really good ones. And keeping the game rather varied.

Rubico mods used to be incredibly expensive, nowadays the dispo has fallen off a cliff, so they dont add much.

The main problem with DE nowadays is their rng lich weapons and ship parts and low drop rates for them. They are there as a pointless farm, but have pissed a lot of people off.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They were open upfront that the dispo of rivens would change over time too, they just used to drag their ass on it at first.

Also just to note, they didn't add Primed Chamber to Baro "at some point", but literally today. I'd imagine a lot of people just sitting on the previously artificially limited supply are super-triggered by this, while in truth it's a positive change to put a valuable mod to wide circulation instead of locked away.

The main problem with DE nowadays is their rng lich weapons and ship parts and low drop rates for them. They are there as a pointless farm, but have pissed a lot of people off.
They actually fixed the Lich weapons to a large degree just recently. Now you get to see what weapon will spawn in the kill prompt for Larvlings. Now ideally you could just select the weapon up front, but hey you only have to repeat run Cassini now so it's much faster and more reliable. On top, lower % bonus weapons can now be transfered to higher % bonus weapons and the total bonus will rise (to the cap of 60%), which higher bonus transfers also get a general increase (same as lower % weapons) on top of the bigger replace, so that's also a much better situation.

I for one am glad that I decided to keep my inferior Kuva Brakk duplicate just in case (since I figured this would be a logical improvement to a dumb RNG-dominated situation), since now I have a 60% Kuva Brakk. I'm not in TOO much of a hurry to get upgrading any other Kuva weapons in particular, most of them even at a lowbie ~30% bonus will outperform vast majority of weapons in their category, the remaining way to +60% is just icing on the already very nice cake of a top-grade level 40 weapon.

EDIT: Getting a proper Reactor and Engine is a big pain in the ass tho, I'm fairly lucky in that I got a good Mk3 Engine early and I got a Mk3 Lavan reactor that I also kept just in case and whaddya know they introduced sanity into the reactor stat variance and now it's a good Mk3 reactor. But it's a pain in the ass on a fundamental level, I simply got luckier than most.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sup, anyone keeping in touch with this? What's the current state of affairs? I've briefly checked, there are a couple of new quests and the Railjack thing, what's the konsensus about that? Also anything exciting on the horizon?

I fucking loved the game, played for like two months non-stop but then I got to the endgame and I hated it - the whole focus farm/operator levelling and riven/kuva farm...yeah, wasn't feeling that at all. But I love co-op shooters and this still seems like the best of the bunch so I'm wondering if there's a new reason to get back.

Gerrard

Arcane
The only exciting thing on the horizon is the possible buyout of their Chinese overlords by Tencent.

Codex Year of the Donut
Logged in after not playing for like a year and there was a tiny 5 minute dialogue-quest and... that was it. Plus some more dumb nightwave bullshit.
Looks like they're really squandering it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Logged in after not playing for like a year and there was a tiny 5 minute dialogue-quest and... that was it. Plus some more dumb nightwave bullshit.

Yeah I did that quest - chasing a kid and then zooming around the room while listening to the monster mumble or some shit. Seemed like a prologue to a new quest.

Also noticed the nightwave, what's that? Started after I left.

Codex Year of the Donut

Yeah I did that quest - chasing a kid and then zooming around the room while listening to the monster mumble or some shit. Seemed like a prologue to a new quest.

Also noticed the nightwave, what's that? Started after I left.
nightwave is dumb shit basically equivalent to dailies/weeklies in MMORPGs
I hate that every online game has it now in place of real content

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A replacement for the alerts that nobody wanted, but everyone got anyway with the universe's most fucking irritating narrator who cannot be turned off without turning off all voices. There's nothing better than doing some completely menial task and then listening to Nora Nig go "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DREAMERS".

It's been going downhill steadily now ever since the open world garbage, Eidolons were okay, but the rest of it has been complete shit. Railjoke got old after a week, but it's going to be tied to every event in the future so you better learn to love it. Lich farming is pure agony because there's no way to rush it except by teaming up with other players who all have rancid mayonnaise for brains and DE forgets on a hourly basis that people want to go fast because their game is so grindy. Furthermore, all of these stupid new game modes keep moving the game further and further away from the core concept.

On top of all that about half of the arsenal is now completely useless due to damage changes and staggering instead of self-damage and worse still they added the same stagger effect to weapons that never had them, so if you were a fan of the Staticor, Sonicor, or the Opticor you better just forget them. I'd rather blow myself up and respawn than gyrate around like an epileptic because it's even more disruptive than being dead. I barely touch the game anymore and it doesn't look like it's about to get any better.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Furthermore, all of these stupid new game modes keep moving the game further and further away from the core concept..

Yeah, my thoughts exactly when I read about Railjack. Everyone hated the Archwing missions so here you go, more flying for you.

Who the fuck goes into a co-op shooter for a space simulation? How about you give us like a new star system to conquer coz that was a dollop of fun. Also some of the frame and mod farmings with great people you meet was unforgettable for me. Give us more of that, not pointless focus grind for boring operators or flying in space.

Wild Slop

Arcane
You're far more likely to encounter pugs that are equal parts stupid and assholes while doing Railjack too.

There is a new update set to release sometime soon which will remake some of the Corpus ships tile sets, and add some new elements (more grind), and a new Frame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom