Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Spiderweb Software's Geneforge remake is on Kickstarter

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Eh. I discovered his opus relatively late, and he is a recycling machine, but I'll say Escape from the Pit and Geneforge are masterpieces. Rolston does the same thing.

PatataFamilia

Novice
I like Jeff Vogel games (except Avadon), but Geneforge doesn't need a remake. Avernum 4 needs a remake; it's catastrophically close on a modern monitor. The first time I played it was when I was unemployed in the Great Recession, and it played great. (He said piracy was okay if your life sucked, mine did, I bought the set later for $70.) The new region sounds somewhat interesting, and leveling up creations sounds good enough, but it doesn't sound $20 interesting. He's still resisting paying a sound designer too.

Also Queen's Wish was fine; it was an decent effort from him which made it better than half the RPGs of that year. I may back it, just because his games brought me much needed enjoyment in a pretty dark time, but this pitch is... lacking.

ChaDargo

Arcane
You know, I own the Geneforge Series and Avernum on Steam and had recently re-installed them to give them another shot. His little video made me change my mind. This dude is his own worst enemy, and from what I've read on these forums, he continuously proves my statement to be true.

One must wonder what he could have been capable of if he had teamed up with a taskmaster asshole who kept his little gay ego in check.

Edit: I know my not playing his games I got for $1 doesn't hurt him or anything. I just cringe at the idea of playing something by this guy lol

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Obligatory reminder that even though Vogel and Spiderweb Software are no longer competitive in today's PC RPG development ecosystem, he was holding the line almost on his own in the RPG Dark Ages when Fallout 3 and the Bioware console RPGs were the genre's sole mainstream offerings.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Obligatory reminder that even though Vogel and Spiderweb Software are no longer competitive in today's PC RPG development ecosystem, he was holding the line almost on his own in the RPG Dark Ages when Fallout 3 and the Bioware console RPGs were the genre's sole mainstream offerings.

Yeah, I'll always have respect for Vogel, but at the same time it's hard not to despair at his general laziness thesedays.

Zeriel

Arcane
He's still resisting paying a sound designer too.

He's resisting putting any kind of production values into his games.

I don't get the point of a remake if it doesn't actually improve upon anything.

He's a living legend of getting paid for doing nothing.

ec1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom