Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Some 5k backer just pulled out.
Infinitron does this mean the fundraiser can aim for a backer-designed quest now?
Never mind, it wasn't the 5k backers that backed out. It is unavailable now, the 5k tier. Some one fucking backed out. We were at 128 but are now 123.
Kickstarter has been shitting the bed. I think we just have to give it time. In the meantime: Druids and monks. What if one of the druid shape shifts just turned you into a monk?

Yes,but adding a TB is going to mess shit up,it is a new different system for which the game was not build
Wait... how do you play D&D again?
I don't,now fuck off old man,we are talking about computer games here. Go play with your cardboard castle or something.

We will be in for a ride on to release,

I imagine we'll have significantly less problems with bugs at launch since the game is on the same engine and they can piggyback on a lot of things they already worked before
Yes,but adding a TB is going to mess shit up,it is a new different system for which the game was not build,it will also need its own balance and shit. In deadfire the TB system totally broke the fucking balance of the game.
In Deadfire the game wasn't based on a TB system like Pathfinder was, didn't have a proven (good) TB mode like the Kingmaker mod, and it's not going to affect the RTWP mode.
How come Kingmaker was made for TB system? From what i know it was made from another d&d like game. Which are not TB games because they are not computer games lol.

Yes,but adding a TB is going to mess shit up,it is a new different system for which the game was not build,it will also need its own balance and shit. In deadfire the TB system totally broke the fucking balance of the game.

key difference here is that you were locked-in the choice in Deadfire (for some god-forsaken reason), so you had to endure it for trash/less interesting encounters. Here it's another gameplay choice available to the player on the fly
And why it should be different here? It is not like the game is out and we know how it is implemented.

have to admit I didnt expect so much anger and resentment between the two nations of TB and RTwP that could rise up after a simple optional gameplay mode that can be toggled at will
The fuck are you talking about?! We are having a civilized discussion and you try to play the victim here!
WTFlol

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Infinitron does this mean the fundraiser can aim for a backer-designed quest now?
Never mind, it wasn't the 5k backers that backed out. It is unavailable now, the 5k tier. Some one fucking backed out. We were at 128 but are now 123.
Kickstarter has been shitting the bed. I think we just have to give it time. In the meantime: Druids and monks. What if one of the druid shape shifts just turned you into a monk?
Didn't they say something about bears learning kung fu? Would that also apply to druids?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Speaking of good stretch goals, one thing I always hoped for was actual class roleplay. Instead of picking animal companion from the list, you save/befriend a few and pick one to join the party. Searching for Holy Avenger as a Paladin. That sort of thing.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of good stretch goals, one thing I always hoped for was actual class roleplay. Instead of picking animal companion from the list, you save/befriend a few and pick one to join the party. Searching for Holy Avenger as a Paladin. That sort of thing.

The proper Holy Avenger makes me miss AD&D. It's the thing I always regret not having when I look at 3E and its spin offs. Well that and the proper randomness of the deck of many things. They sort of exemplify how much the game changed over the years to me.

Acting like throwing enough money can magically let them expand the team at will without watering it down. It's a gold rush and they need to calm the fuck down.
Imho, all campaign is built around "keeping hype train going". Seems that idea was to keep some "major" news, like TB announcement (suspiciously coincided with 1kk mark), for later, when first big wave of pledges will start to die down. So I do not think they shower people with promises without properly considering time/effort costs.

Beside, 1.5 year until release + at least 0.5 year already in development seems decent enough time to make a game with working engine and dev team's instruments. Question is, whether it is enough time to test it properly.
its not being released until 2022 or 2023?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Yeah, Idk, totally crazy idea here, but maybe a unique stronghold for each class?

The only strong hold I want is whatever Castle Queen Galfrey is in.

But honestly I feel like 20 something strongholds would be too much for them, we're no longer dealing with these games that would give us like 8 classes. It would be nice if we could choose between some though. Or maybe base it off mythic class or alignment. I just feel like it would have to be based off something other than class or some classes would have to get lumped into groups.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I would be willing to throw away an extra $130 for opening vignettes or origins like TOEE or DA:O. That is if they wanted interesting hooks that could tie into their reactivity and some replayability.

People still comparing this to Arcanum? That shit came out 20 years ago and had a total budget of three Oreos, using it as an argument to why games shouldn't have multiple gameplay mechanics today is retarded.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Never mind. The reason was because of kickstarter:
https://status.kickstarter.com/
>Resolved - This issue has been resolved. We corrected an issue where some pledges were getting counted twice inside creator dashboards, this has been corrected.

hell bovine

Arcane
Sarkile
You can dig up the discussions in the general forums, let's not derail this thread.

But yes! to the tb mode. :D Wouldn't suprise me if they are aiming for Larian's fanbase here, but that depends on what Larian has cooked up for BG3.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Owlcat know TB fans will be disappointed by BG3, so they'll be ready with an offering of their own when the inevitable despair comes.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Sarkile
You can dig up the discussions in the general forums, let's not derail this thread.

But yes! to the tb mode. :D Wouldn't suprise me if they are aiming for Larian's fanbase here, but that depends on what Larian has cooked up for BG3.
Yeah, sorry. I try to ignore GD garbage.
The only way I see them cracking Larian's niche is to offer co-op play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom