Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Spiderweb Software's latest remake

GandGolf

Augur
Do you think that Fyora in the screenshot named 'Lil Burny' is a reference to Bernie Sanders?

Rafidur

Learned
"I am once again asking for your essence"

"I donated 2 points in Dexterity, match me!"

hell bovine

Arcane
When Vogel complained about game art being costly, some artists made the effort and gave him advice on how to utilize a low budget, including "pay someone to create a color scheme & guidelines for you". And yet here we are, same atrocious shade of green serving as the gui.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh look, new stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geneforge1/geneforge-1-mutagen/posts/2759423

Geneforge is Funded! First Stretch Goal Met!

The first five days of the Geneforge 1 - Mutagen Kickstarter have been very eventful! We funded in less than 24 hours. Even better, we have already made the first stretch goal! We will be adding a new creation to Geneforge, and we will be letting all backers help to design it.

We have added two more stretch goals: Professional sound design and an Android tablet port. We didn't get there for the Queen's Wish: The Conqueror Kickstarter, and we wanted to try again.

Thank you all so much for your support. We already have a good start on this game, and we're going to spend the next year making a really interesting remaster worthy of the series.

- Jeff Vogel, Spiderweb Software

$100K Level - Professional Sound Design

Spiderweb Software has always done our own sound design, because we couldn't afford to do otherwise. If we reach this tier, we will act like real, grown-up developers and hire a pro to work on the game. Things like environmental sounds and key spell effects will actually sound good! We tried to reach this level for our last Kickstarter, and we almost made it. Time to try again!

$130K Level - Android Tablet Version

While Geneforge 1 - Mutagen will be out for the iPad, we don't currently support Android. We're too small a company to support another platform. At this level, we can hire people to handle it for us! This is a chance to get us to return our games to Android tablets at last!

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
This kickstarter is shit. Geneforge is my favorite RPG series ever, but there's literally nothing I want here. Maybe the original signed dungeon maps, but there were only 12 and they are all gone. It usually takes longer for backers to get access to the game on release, so there's no advantage to investing when you will likely get access to it sooner just buying it day one on steam.

GandGolf

Augur
This kickstarter is shit. Geneforge is my favorite RPG series ever, but there's literally nothing I want here. Maybe the original signed dungeon maps, but there were only 12 and they are all gone. It usually takes longer for backers to get access to the game on release, so there's no advantage to investing when you will likely get access to it sooner just buying it day one on steam.

Don't backers get access to the beta though if they pledge enough?

GandGolf

Augur

Don't backers get access to the beta though if they pledge enough?

MEH, that would need $200 or more for beta access. If there isn't anything you want from the kickstarter I would suggest possibly going to their forums and posting a suggestion of what you would like as a reward. Just because Jeff doesn't visit the steam forums often doesn't mean he won't see the idea and take it into consideration if it is posted on his own forum.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You mean like Blades of Avernum? Vogel considered Blades a horrible, horrible mistake, because giving your players a way to easily build adventures with your copy pasted assets meant death of his business model (endless re-using assets and remaking the same games).

I mean, what's even the point tho? Free assets around the Net are of higher quality than anything Vogel uses in his games and his engine isn't hot stuff.
Yup, I remember some of BoE scenarios that were better than Geneforge 3, for example.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
As a men who has never played geneforge before, this seems like the optimal version to experience the game. I understand being angry about Vogel not working on new content, but this makes geneforge accessible to a whole new generation of gamers.

thesecret1

Arcane
As a men who has never played geneforge before, this seems like the optimal version to experience the game. I understand being angry about Vogel not working on new content, but this makes geneforge accessible to a whole new generation of gamers.
So you've never played the game, but are already confident in what the best version of it is? :lol:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
I like that his games focus more on environmental sounds than music. Getting better sound would be neat.

YES, I can't stand those 4 seconds sound loops anymore. It bothers me much more than the graphics actually.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Accessible to new gamers? You can get the original series on gog with preloaded gog loader/installer. Its cheap and readily accessible as is rather than wait for this lazy remake.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's nothing wrong with the original. It is very much playable for anyone who doesn't suffer from a severe mental disability.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geneforge1/geneforge-1-mutagen/posts/2775520

Geneforge Update - One Week Left!

We are down to one week left in the Geneforge 1 - Mutagen Kickstarter. It's been a really tense month for us, and we are so relieved that the Kickstarter has gone so well. We are already picking away at the code and hiring freelancers to provide art. We're going to make sure that the new Geneforge ships in a reasonable time and is a cool and interesting expansion of the game our fans love so much.

Remasters are tricky. We have to find all the things that people loved most and leave them alone. Then we have to find the things that need improvement and fix them. Geneforge 1 - Mutagen will be very similar to the first game. The story, the characters, the base skills and abilities, these will be largely the same. But then we will add more choices, more quests, more opportunities for role-playing, more ways to customize your characters and monsters. Then we will do a LOT of testing, to make sure the balance is fair and fun.

We've attached some revised art below, to show you some of the improvements we're making.

Thank you again for all your support. Here's hoping we make it to one more stretch goal!

- Jeff Vogel

34d4cb812a071500b1c4fdd68f3cd580_original.jpg

PS We also want to highlight a great project today:

Power is alluring. But it is you who decides how to use it and what path to follow. Become a merciless lich and command armies of undead. Or a noble angel— a symbol of hope for those who follow you. There is always an option to succumb to the bloody desires and become a demon… And if you want to decline all celestial powers — you can walk the path of the Legend.

7aebd0f0148b87dbb6dd0baf8a4a4bf6_original.gif

Those are only several Mythic Paths you can follow in the next game by Owlcat Games Studio—Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. In it you will ascend to power embracing one of the Mythic Paths and shaping the world with your deeds, lead an army pushing back the invasion of demons (yes, you can fight demons as a demon—more power is always good), uncover intricate branching plot, meet evelen companions and learn their stories, all that with nearly endless possibilities for character creation of Pathfinder First Edition ruleset.

And there is more—stretch goals will bring a lot to the table! Evolving animal companions will allow you to have fire breathing martial artist bear clad in magical armor. Mounted combat gives you an opportunity to ride the aforementioned bear into battle. All that while one of the musical compositions, performed by a live orchestra, is playing in the background.

And you have a chance to help bring more content to the game!

Check it for yourself!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Gog sale for Queen's Wish. You know you want it esp the hint book and wall papers sold for $10 separately.

Oh yeah...
fde.jpg

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He has gone way beyond being lazy or just stubborn at this point. It feels like he is delibaretly taking the piss our of his fans or just trying to see what he can get away with.
Even the first promo still pisses me off
drayk.png

How lazy can you be that you can't be arsed to just stretch the drayk to about double the size so that it fits the scale of the intro drawing. and maybe add three black pixels for an arrow and some blood...

And the fact that he added ipad support to the stretch goals gives the game plan away completely.
abandon all hope ye who enter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom