Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There is not one normally socially adjusted person in that video.

This is terrible. This is why no one likes us and why no girls want to hang around here.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I think some of us grew up fantasizing about one day playing that kind of game with girls.

Be careful what you wish for I guess, yesterday's angel is today's disgusting slob.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

My curiosity got the better of me. So these "most badass" of LA's vampires have 4 points in their Disciplines each and what looks like baseline attribute and skill levels. Even despite access to Dominate 2 and Presence 3, they squirm trying to find a haven for the day in a town of 30k people, which the stuttering Storyteller keeps calling a "city". I am not saying they should grab the nearest 10 Kine and fleshcraft them into a cottage, tempting though it may be, but colour me thoroughly unimpressed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

My curiosity got the better of me. So these "most badass" of LA's vampires have 4 points in their Disciplines each and what looks like baseline attribute and skill levels. Even despite access to Dominate 2 and Presence 3, they squirm trying to find a haven for the day in a town of 30k people, which the stuttering Storyteller keeps calling a "city". I am not saying they should grab the nearest 10 Kine and fleshcraft them into a cottage, tempting though it may be, but colour me thoroughly unimpressed.

I decided to try and see what you were talking about,clicked in mid session and saw four ugly dikes and a smug cuck.....shut it down in a instant.

vota DC

Augur

Simcity 1 is back!

VILLAGE 0 to 1,999
TOWN 2,000 to 9,999
CITY 10,000 to 49,999
CAPITAL 50,000 to 99,999
METROPOLIS 100,000 to 499,999
MEGALOPOLIS 500,000 and above.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Video and these people in it, and words said about the game in media...a lot of red flags, that's for sure. A lot of. Really lot. Of red. Flags. Red. Flags...

but who knows, maybe this will be fun to play.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
If the game isn't good nor GOTD, Vampire Lord Delterius Dracul will drink our blood and make us his everlasting thralls to cope his rage. Codex, once shining beacon of humanity, is to be a modern gothic castle-lair of old magic and blood.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I've never thought of Bloodlines setting to be exact modern city hubs. Setting was in modern cities of alternative timelines and realities.
The biggest mistake of Bloodlines 2 will be if they'll make it too modern and exact copy of Seattle.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
I've never though of Bloodlines setting to be exact modern city hubs. Setting was in modern cities of alternative timelines and realities.
My take on Bloodlines (or Vampire the Masquerade in general) was that it's basically the same reality/timeline, only vampires are real* and there is this whole secret war going on (clan versus clan, some humans versus vampires, etc.). You just learn about it being a thing once you're transformed into a vampire.

* - You know, "real" real. Not real-real.

The biggest mistake of Bloodlines 2 will be if they'll make it too modern and exact copy of Seattle.
Having a modern and exact copy of places is not really a drawback. Some people might even consider it to be a plus, because you can "visit" certain places in-game.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Having a modern and exact copy of places is not really a drawback. Some people might even consider it to be a plus, because you can "visit" certain places in-game.

I should have said modern culture, society,collective and social behaviours of modern Seattle.

When I played Bloodlines I had zero knowledge about societal norms and culture of Santa Monica, Los Angeles, Hollywood at that current time. Bloodlines invented it's own city hubs and cultures.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom