Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Silva

Arcane
Sniper girl is hot, Glaz is not.

sexy_glaz___r6_s__op__lethal_citizen__by_koruk_dcvfqx8-fullview.jpg

Silva

Arcane
Found a simple tactic with Kapkan that everybody apparently falls for: don't trap the bomb rooms, trap the other rooms around them that you think is the common route the enemy takes. People are usually careless with those, while being super careful with the bomb doors.

But if you really want to trap the bombs, don't do the entrance doors but the ones between A and B. Most of times the enemy is too focused on tangos inside the room to mind the traps on the doors. I even put some traps in heads height (I think it does more damage) and people trigger it anyway.

Still think Kapkan is on the shitty side though. His traps should get a buff.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I generally like to do windows for intel and because people tend to rush those more often, although windows are always the easiest to destroy the traps on if they are careful since you can't put them foot level like you can on doors. A lot of people rushing do still fall for them since they generally only just melee it twice and then jump through not seeing the traps.
Doing bomb rooms is still worthwhile if the map is decent and the enemy has to actually enter them and attack them, and can't peek through windows or make killholes the entire fucking game just so they have to distract themselves to the traps when they are trying to enter.
I find a lot of luck on Kapkan in Outback, most other maps aren't that great for him. Oregon can be good as well.

Silva

Arcane

Cool event overall. Nice new map, new uniforms and weapons skins. And it seems they finally assumed the E-sports thing, even the in-game fiction adopted it (Cavera looks sweet without the police uniform).

On other news, I'm finally giving Nomad a shot and woah, she is a beast. The only agent right now that makes me feel safe against Cavera.

Silva

Arcane
Is Glaz good for holding angles inside buildings? I mean, I'm only now learning to use the ACOG and keep a more "marksman" role, keeping the distance, looking for roamers, etc. instead of going gung-ho. And I found Nomad, Twitch, Blackbeard, etc are great for this. But then it got me thinking "dude, Glaz rifle has more damage and reach". So could he be good in this role? The risk, I think, would be someone come rushing at you and Glaz doesn't have any burst fire to protect himself.

Oh and preferred the claymore than the frag grenade, though I also see the reasoning here. Truth be told, I think Glaz would benefit from having an extra smoke or so. If he is shitty doing it's role (or his role doesn't really exist in this game) then give him more support potential.

Not a fan of the new Dokkaebi nerf. Before the buzzing would just go on indefinitely if the opposing side didn't turn that shit off but now it auto turns off after a few seconds. I guess I don't have a problem with it automatically turning off, but I do wish it would last a little bit longer so that there was an incentive for people getting called to actually press F to turn it off and get shot
I think they made it longer in some recent patch? I remember it going out faster before but now it feels like an eternity. (which is good IMO as it makes Dokka support role more relevant)

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
Is Glaz good for holding angles inside buildings?

Not really, his OTs-03 has great range, only if you intend to hold long hallways (connectors between buldings on Canal in example).

I mean, I'm only now learning to use the ACOG and keep a more "marksman" role, keeping the distance, looking for roamers, etc. instead of going gung-ho.

If an operator has access to ACOG - use it. There only few exceptions to use different sight (like Buck's C8 auto-rifle, Twitch's F2 or if you like rushing and fighting in VERY close quarters). ACOG gives you an advantage to spot enemies further away and makes it much easier to headshot them since they are bigger on your screen.

And I found Nomad, Twitch, Blackbeard, etc are great for this. But then it got me thinking "dude, Glaz rifle has more damage and reach". So could he be good in this role? The risk, I think, would be someone come rushing at you and Glaz doesn't have any burst fire to protect himself.

Nomad is good for securing flanks with her airjabs she might get nerfed since it does so much more effectively than claymores but she is not a sniper. Blackbeard is great for a sniper role since his shield warrants surviving a headshot plus his rifles do great damage - his MK17 CQB has a strong kick but it takes 3 shots to down 2-armor enemy without Rook's plates. Twitch is better used as an entry-fragger since her F2 has great rate of fire and it is stupidly easy to control in full burst. There is no reason to use 417 since BB, Dokkaebi and others have single-shot rifles with more damage and Twitch's F2 is the best assault rifle in the game.

Oh and preferred the claymore than the frag grenade, though I also see the reasoning here. Truth be told, I think Glaz would benefit from having an extra smoke or so. If he is shitty doing it's role (or his role doesn't really exist in this game) then give him more support potential.

Glaz is shitty because he can't entry-frag with smokes anymore. There are better sniper alternatives like Blackbeard, Kali or Dokkaebi who have additional utlity or are more flexible. Glaz received frag-grenades so he can be more useful while pushing or destroying enemy gadgets. I recommend playing him with frags and only pick him if someone on your team has smoke grenades (Gridlock, Capitao, Montagne) otherwise you are much better picking different operator.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Thanks for the explanation typical user .

So how do you think Glaz should be reworked? Maybe give him an automatic sidearm like Dokkaebi has?

Or maybe give him a burst-fire marksman rifle like a VSS Vintorez as an option to the OTs? Make it a shorter range & damage but 650 ROF or so, while keeping the flip sight on both. This way you would have the OTs for those rare long range angle-holding situations, and the VSS for the internal/mid-range angle-holding that's actually common.

P.S: and don't you mess with my girl Nomad. I've just found out how to play her! :argh:

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't expect Iana to be able to control her hologram, that makes her way more distinct than the wacky guy in Apex Legends. That also means there's no excuse not to let Alibi's prismas use her cosmetics. I wonder if Warden's glass can detect it.

Oryx's on that line between sensible and bloated. I think having a roamer that doesn't rely on stealth is a good idea, but his usefulness is way harder to describe than Nokk. We'll see.

And... fucking Oregon got a rework? Like, yeah it needs a third staircase but how can it receive rework earlier than removed maps that only need tweaks like Fortress and Hereford, I don't understand...

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I must admit that these new operators looks very good in terms of gameplay and design, although the game is quite abandoning that "realism".

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Year 5 and 6 roadmaps.

years-5-and-6.png

But more importantly, TACHANKA REWORK!! His machine gun is now a regular weapon and he gets an incendiary nade launcher.

Ash gets a Tomb Raider elite.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I already can hear them

Feminists: omg why she's so sexualized wearing shorts into a battle?????

Lesion: I'm a joke to you?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Looks like anime

It really does. They are soido that so they can sell more merchandise and its easier for reddit retards to write cringey fanfiction/comics or cosplay.

Meanwhile Clancy is rolling in his grave. So glad I stopped playing this POS.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Looks like anime

It really does. They are soido that so they can sell more merchandise and its easier for reddit retards to write cringey fanfiction/comics or cosplay.

Meanwhile Clancy is rolling in his grave. So glad I stopped playing this POS.
If it means they have to go into a sci-fi/anime direction to justify some of the new operator abilities that add more to the game, then that's fine by me.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I just wish they had a more coherent visual style, even if they did venture into the sci-fi direction. That e-sports aesthetics they have been pushing is fucking disgusting.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it's more of the shift towards characters as in individual personalities, not characters as roles and archetypes. It started with Red Crow when Ela was the first operator to use real name instead of codename. Since then the game's been flip flopping between the two operator design ideal. There's only four operators in year 3 and 4 combined with their face unclear, the operations that include map reworks so far has zero coherent theme (Shifting Tides teased some kind of offshore drilling rig infiltration, one op is a long range sniper and the other is a diver, then the map itself is... Theme Park???), and now they're trying to pull the tournament thingy which just... okay it gave a few dope CGI shorts but I just can't see the direction it's heading toward. This is Ubisoft, a company whose studios are very consistent at writing terrible stories so I honestly doubt all of these are intentional efforts that will lead to something real mindblowing.

That aside, looking at year 6 roadmap, I can't help but think Quarantine is a demo for a new engine and Siege is approaching a Dota 2 Reborn-type overhaul for next-gen console. Game seriously needs a new engine so new mechanics can be implemented properly and less things break after update, so I hope my prediction is true. On the flip side based on House and Oregon's reworks, it seems like they finally figured out how to make night time feasible for competitive play. Oregon especially looks like it has atmosphere now, those recent map reworks are too brightly lit and samey to me.

One advantage of 1 operator per season is that I don't need to buy year pass anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom