Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Saduj

Arcane
"Lol nice projection bud. All I did, is I said the game is good but short and overpriced."

Why lie? You did exactly what I said you did in my last post and anyone can read it. Your claim about "role playing" Harry only one way is ridiculous. You can't defend it so you're going to deny you said it a few posts ago? Who are you expecting to fool?

In case you didn't notice, the game is about how you choose to role play Harry. It isn't really about the investigation (which was disappointing to me when I realized it). You're going to find the shooter no matter what. You're only rewarded for doing the investigation by obtaining the confession. The ending sequence makes it clear that the game is about Harry's conduct during the investigation. You can choose to play Harry as having to hit rock bottom and to start doing what is expected of him. But it would be equally valid for an alcoholic in the midst of a self destructive bender to have getting fucked up again as his first and only priority. A variety of compromises between the two are also valid. The game sets you up to play Harry however you want. Really the only restriction on Day 1 is finding money for a room and the game hands that to you even if you ignore that task.

"And apparently, even that is enough for Discocucks to explode in 50 pages of rage and fury. Your snowflake skins are so thin that your bowels probably fall out each time you take a dump. But I'm the one strangely invested. Good God.

Everything is a personal attack, the world is against you, evil people on the internet are running a 24/7 crusade against your favorite game, when the reality is I probably didn't post here since like November.

Get a grip."

I didn't say any of that stuff. And again, a very dumb lie considering anyone who cares can just read what was written.

Viata

Arcane
Fun fact: the devs put a fridge in a nearby basement so you can dump the body in there to preserve it as a way of explicitly avoiding having to examine it on the first day.

Can you actually do it? And steal the boots in the process?
I could only steal the boots when Kim is not nearby.
When is that? When I sent Kim to his room and went downstairs he already disappeared with the corpse, somehow.
After we got the body down, we investigated the corpse, but I didn't tell Kim to remove it. Then we went our way to do something else(I believe it was to question the workers there) and I didn't get back to the body until Kim went back to his room.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fun fact: the devs put a fridge in a nearby basement so you can dump the body in there to preserve it as a way of explicitly avoiding having to examine it on the first day.

Can you actually do it? And steal the boots in the process?
I could only steal the boots when Kim is not nearby.
When is that? When I sent Kim to his room and went downstairs he already disappeared with the corpse, somehow.

If you conclusively solve the autopsy by finding the real cause of death on the first day, you cannot steal the boots because Kim will transport the corpse to HQ.

Viata

Arcane
If you conclusively solve the autopsy by finding the real cause of death on the first day
Does the day even matters here? Because I went to do the cursed commercial area because I was unable to get the body down(I'm pretty sure I tried to use Kim's gun, I'd fuck up that body or kill someone else, I had low on everything but intelligence, after all), then we got the body down on the second day(after asking Evrart's help), we investigated a little, went back to boys, we learned more about the crime and what not. Now, I'm not sure if I get the boots before or after we got the final conclusion of the crime, but giving Haba's post above, it had to be before it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, if you finish with the corpse, Kim will bag it up and once the day ends, immediately take it away.

And if you wrap the corpse inspection up during another day, you lose Kim for the rest of the day... which can change some things.

Lately, you do seem strangely invested in overstating.

Lol nice projection bud. All I did, is I said the game is good but short and overpriced.

And apparently, even that is enough for Discocucks to explode in 50 pages of rage and fury. Your snowflake skins are so thin that your bowels probably fall out each time you take a dump. But I'm the one strangely invested. Good God.

Everything is a personal attack, the world is against you, evil people on the internet are running a 24/7 crusade against your favorite game, when the reality is I probably didn't post here since like November.

Get a grip.
You clearly are butthurt as well if you get an itch to come back and answer whatever those 'discocucks' throw at you. All you do is state again and again, like senile old man, that game is 10 hours long, even after everyone told you that there is enough content for 30 and after that you keep throwing shit at the game for not having stuff it never promised in the first place.

You are sitting here claiming that everyone around you is a retard, that doesn't see the truth you see, fending every argument off with your shitty sarcasm, irony and hyperbolization. 'There is no Role-play in this game, ability to play out most cop archetypes doesn't count. Role-play is impossible without branching plot lol'. At least pull arguments that hold, instead of making shit up and repeating it, until you yourself start believing in your delusions.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Does it count as role-playing if you're just dicking around not advancing the story? "I lurked around drinking, snorting, smoking, punching, being a complete degenerate before actually getting back to job." This is the equivalent of somebody spending five hours in the tavern at the start of Icewind Dale, pretending that his party is eating and drinking and socializing with the other patrons. Hey, adventurers probably do that sort of thing!

Deliberately avoiding the story in a story-focused game seems like an interesting choice.

None

Scholar
Does it count as role-playing if you're just dicking around not advancing the story? "I lurked around drinking, snorting, smoking, punching, being a complete degenerate before actually getting back to job." This is the equivalent of somebody spending five hours in the tavern at the start of Icewind Dale, pretending that his party is eating and drinking and socializing with the other patrons. Hey, adventurers probably do that sort of thing!

Deliberately avoiding the story in a story-focused game seems like an interesting choice.

Considering that is what Harry spent the first two days doing, it seems fitting. So yes.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Considering that is what Harry spent the first two days doing, it seems fitting. So yes.
I wonder if there's a reason that happened before the game starts.

None

Scholar

There is, and its up to the player to decide if Harry changes or not.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

No kidding. You can go through the game a complete fuckup, or try to clean yourself up, or something in between. But sitting around doing drugs instead of tackling the investigation is neither. I wasn't asking a rhetorical question when I said "Does it count as role-playing if you're just dicking around not advancing the story?"

I didn't avoid progress, I took neurochemistry as signature skill and talked to NPCs-asked questions and forced them into giving me whatever drug, cigarette, drink they possessed and chugged it all down on the way to another NPC, while picking up bottles for some extra cash. I never go forward through the main story, if there is interesting side-content left. But, to answer your question, I do think that doing "extra" shit can enhance role play, yeah.

None

Scholar

No kidding. You can go through the game a complete fuckup, or try to clean yourself up, or something in between. But sitting around doing drugs instead of tackling the investigation is neither. I wasn't asking a rhetorical question when I said "Does it count as role-playing if you're just dicking around not advancing the story?"

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
All you do is state again and again, like senile old man, that game is 10 hours long

Only said it once, never mentioned it again. For such an energetic young man you seem to have problems with eyesight.

You are sitting here claiming that everyone around you is a retard.

Citation needed. I mean, you are definitely a retard, but I don't recall calling everyone a retard.

At least pull arguments that hold,

If my arguments don't hold, why are you all having all these meltdowns?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yes you did, I am in fact 123 years old and I suffer from dementia, alzheimers and nearly total degeneration of brain tissue. I am dictating this post to my greatgreatgrandaughter through a tube and she's typing it up on her phone.

And yet, you still couldn't come up with any intelligent response, so you just repeated the same thing you already said the last time.

Yes you did, I am in fact 123 years old and I suffer from dementia, alzheimers and nearly total degeneration of brain tissue. I am dictating this post to my greatgreatgrandaughter through a tube and she's typing it up on her phone.

And yet, you still couldn't come up with any intelligent response, so you just repeated the same thing you already said the last time.
Nah, I only called you senile once. As expected of an old man you seem to have problems with eyesight.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Anyone tried not doing anything? Like what happens if you never leave the room with clock's ticking, it becomes night etc?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom