Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the 'Dex going to be infiltrated by furries after the Kitsune win?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Witch is so amazing

ada365e92c7bdbfc92f6dbbc3a674839_original.gif

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2756580

You can thank World of Warcraft for modern gnomes. Animu has nothing to do with this.

The best iteration of Gnomes is Arcanum or like i say (((gnomes)))

"At the heart of the world-famous gnomish ambition, which has inspired so many gnomes to become bankers, politicians, and captains of industry, one always finds a strong desire for security. Outside observers, who tend to pass judgement based on surface appearances, have often condemned the gnomish people for their love of gold and power; but in doing so, they ignore the motivation behind any gnome's quest for wealth. Gnomes do not love money or influence for their own sake! It is the desire to provide assurances for himself and his Family that motivates the average gnome." https://arcanum.fandom.com/wiki/Gnome

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
In real-time: If you move the mage away from the enemy that is trying to engage him/her, you can have a character that simultaneously is engaging the moving enemy; instigating at least one attack of opportunity every six seconds (infinitely until the enemy dies).
One attack of opportunity every 6 seconds is not that much [infinitely]. Especially since you think an enemy can walk up to the mage in one turn [YES, in turn-based, compared to real-time]. It's either the enemy reaches my mage in one turn or takes long enough to get there that it dies from attack of opportunities. The fact that aoes exist like that is nice though because it works both ways. Sometimes it's worth the risk to take the extra aoes to get rid of a mage. [The mage YOU are running towards with a warrior IN REAL-TIME will not simultaneously move away so that an enemy get infinite AoO on your warrior (Attack of Opportunity is NOT shortened to AoE!!!!)]

You're going in the ignore. I can't bother with poor reading comprehension.

I'm trying to illustrate a flaw in RTwP.
Wow. I got put on ignore because I messed up an acronym. Sucks to be me. Also, if you can even still see this your the one that commented AoO only happens once every six seconds ( barring feets or bad implementation) but now your back to infinite? I may have messed up an acronym but I have no idea what the fuck is going on with your formatting. They would not get infinite AoO until they die because they're going to be running for two rounds max. No body's getting infinite AoO because I'm not an idiot and know what I'm doing. If I'm in that situation I'm going to deal with it in another way.

Also what's up with shit talking me and then immediately ignoring me. At least have the balls to read my reply then ignore me. You lack the Constitution to read a comment the same way you lack the constitution to handle multiple characters moving at once. I've never met a bigger pussy in my life, I didn't expect it to be on the codex of all places. Stay in your safe space, on the forums and in game while you hide in your turn based mode.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, hopefully the 'doubled reactivity' means that if you play a witch, you actually get to experience that "often feared and hated" by the common folk part.
I hope double reactivity means people comment on my monk using fists instead of weapons.
That's not impressive in the least. As any wizard, sorcerer or kineticist could tell you, only chumps use weapons.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This gotta be the slowest day of Wrath's kickstarter, I was so used to seeing backers & money numbers fly on the screen. Not yesterday, guess most pledges on Saturday are drinked away in pubs. Less than 200$ seperates us from doubled reactivity. I truly wonder what comes after +1 archetype per class goal ...

I'm cheering for better Crusading and Crusade being more influenced by our Mythic Path, alignment and quest choices. Siege Trolls, Dragon aviation, special goblin forces etc. What are you cheering for?*

*except for eight-arms monk

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2757070

Rookie Numbers, You Say?

Wow! Another stretch goal reached, and what a goal it is! Now we’ll be able to immerse you even more in the world of Golarion by adding more reactivity to our game! NPCs will react to your race, class, and even deity. You will experience the difference between being a noble aasimar paladin and a shady tiefling (what’s a person like that even doing on this glorious crusade?). Now we’re ready to reveal the next stretch goal...

10f701ec82c27f9e515dd813010fccdf_original.png

One of the greatest advantages of the Pathfinder roleplaying system is the incredible amount of customization and possible character builds. There are several crucial elements that make Pathfinder’s character mechanics so rich and rewarding, one of the best being the archetype system, which allows the player to customize their chosen class even deeper. For Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, we had already decided to increase the number of archetypes to five per class. But now, with your incredible support, we may have an opportunity to increase this number even more, to six archetypes!

And that’s great news for us: when we were choosing the archetypes for Wrath of the Righteous, some of our favorites didn’t make the cut. For example, for the fighter class, we wanted to add not two, but three archetypes. The first was the dragonheir scion, a powerful warrior with draconic blood flowing through their veins, imbuing them with the might of the great wyrms, their vitality, resilience, and resistances. The second archetype was the armiger, a future Hellknight who chooses a Hellknight order at the outset of the game and trains to resist any attempts to affect their mind. The third was the mutation warrior, who harnesses their knowledge of alchemy to physically enhance their body with mutagens and alchemical discoveries. Sadly, the last of these had to be left outside the scope of development. But not anymore!

0dbb7bb09acbb7c8e8231f87bfd8f118_original.jpg

Advanced Class Guide, p.93 - Mutation Warrior

Some of you might ask, “Hey devs, there are no archetypes in the works for my favorite class! How about an archetype that’s all about divination, or one for underwater adventuring? These three just don’t work in a video game, they’re more about social encounters and investigations, you know? What am I gonna do?!” Fear not, crusaders! We have the solution to your problem, and that solution is… to create new ones. Yes, totally new ones. We’re going to create new archetypes from scratch to fill the gaps.

For example, the arcane enforcer: a slayer archetype who is a master of special arcane tricks similar to arcanists’ exploits. While they’re not a caster and don't have their own spellbook, their understanding of arcane energies allows them to complement their martial capabilities with additional supernatural abilities. They can blast their enemies with various elements, strengthen their defense with shields, and even teleport around the battlefield, dealing strikes to the most important targets.

Every player takes their own unique approach to character creation: some decide on their character months before the game’s release, some try to find their ideal character through trials and tribulations (and, probably, through playing the first chapter of the game over and over and over), and for some, the “rule of cool” and beloved personal concepts are the way to go. But all players have something in common: we all want to make the perfect character, and the addition of new archetypes will bring us all closer to creating our ideal build.

To arms, crusaders!

Owlcats

a2c1517a9007f74c818899c4d89a9213_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom