Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>Fear not, crusaders! We have the solution to your problem, and that solution is… to create new ones. Yes, totally new ones. We’re going to create new archetypes from scratch to fill the gaps.
God have mercy on these developers.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
hwAJSXb.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For example, for the fighter class, we wanted to add not two, but three archetypes. The first was the dragonheir scion, a powerful warrior with draconic blood flowing through their veins, imbuing them with the might of the great wyrms, their vitality, resilience, and resistances. The second archetype was the armiger, a future Hellknight who chooses a Hellknight order at the outset of the game and trains to resist any attempts to affect their mind. The third was the mutation warrior, who harnesses their knowledge of alchemy to physically enhance their body with mutagens and alchemical discoveries.

Honestly these are what Archtype should be. Something like Bard Thundercaller/Firedancer which feels different to play than normal Bard.

Some of Archtypes in PfK was kinda boring especially for Martial class.

What the fuck even is a oread????

Earth elemental peoples:https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-oread/

Another boring stretch goal. Hopefully double reactivity will kinda fix this, but I doubt that this will affect anything than 2 lines every chapter or something.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Some people are saying it's New Pet: Owlbear :lol:

Honestly would be more fun than just a new race. Probably won't happen due to the term being Animal Companion.

deuxhero

Arcane
Oread is considered to be in the running for worst race in the game mechanically. That's including fodder monster races that were never balanced for PC use or intended to be anything other than cannon fodder. Really, they're just shittier Dwarfs in almost every possible way: They're slow for their size, but still slowed down by armor, don't have any of the save or perception bonuses dwarfs get, don't get the weapon profiencies that are actually good (Long Axe and Long Hammer are very good for classes proficient with martial weapons, and those not get good use out of the three free ones) and instead get... an SLA that's a shittier version of the Magic Weapon spell (you know, the one that's totally obsolete by level 4 at the latest) in almost every possible way.

Arcane Enforcer sounds like a variant of Stygian Slayer, just with more video game friendly spell options.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
From the Kickstarter comments:

6pm PST - 2/15/20

Social Goals Update:

KS Backers: 19,363/21,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+399 last 24hr)

YT Subs: 12,900/20,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+300 last 24hr) [approx]

Instagram Subs: 3,990/5,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+103 last 24hr)

Twitter Followers: 10,342/12,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+113 last 24hr)

Twitter RTs: 2,628/2,500 [Lvl 3 reached] (+19 last 24hr)

Discord Followers: 6,175/6,000 [Lvl 3 reached] (+66 last 24hr)

Facebook Shares: 1,472/1,200 [Lvl 3 reached] (+5 last 24hr)

Twitch Followers: 7,571/10,000 [Lvl 2 reached] (+181 last 24hr)

Stars achieved: 19

====

Needed to Finish Level 3:

KS Backers: 1,637

YT Subs: 7,100

Instagram Subs: 1,010

Twitter Followers: 1,658

Twitter RT's: 0

Discord Followers: 0

Facebook Shares: 0

Twitch Followers: 2,429

===

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if there's any chance of getting the Bladebound archetype this time. I remember them considering it for Kingmaker but ultimately abandoning it because it would've been too much work for a single archetype that a lot of people wouldn't use.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Uh, more races and builds. Some of these goals fucking suck. Reactivity, symphony, mods, more music, and dismemberment are the only ones that I'm glancing at that are worth the extra dough. The rest are just meh. The pets things sounds like it's going to be a broken mechanic.

By the way, you motherfuckers need to start supporting more of the social goals. I need my Queen waifu!

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
What's going on with human(oids) on Golarion? There are Aasimar, Tieflings, halfbloods, and now Elemental/humanoid hybrids. Hmmm...

I'm starting to worry about Kitsune. May be it's better to just be a rat, because who cares what happens to it.

deuxhero

Arcane
I wonder if there's any chance of getting the Bladebound archetype this time. I remember them considering it for Kingmaker but ultimately abandoning it because it would've been too much work for a single archetype that a lot of people wouldn't use.

Unfortunately, Bladebound is one of those many things that's fine in normal play but sucks horribly in Mythic. It gives a weapon that scales by class level that's slightly behind the curve but means you can buy other things with your money (generally better than typical defense). With Mythic however, your wealth is expected to be based on class level+tier so now Bladebound is far behind in power.

As for the plot of an intelligent item, I say the best way to do it would without locking the player out of substantial content be to have a Companion Bladebound Magus and make it so both the player's blade and the companion's are spawned from the same source and "resonate" somehow and share a single personality when nearby. This allows the blade to comment on events and have a quest associated with it without making it locked to a single archetype.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I mean why wouldn't it make sense? Asimaar and Tiefling can be born from lineage several generations away that they are usually born out of 2 normal looking humans anyway. These rock people are the same but their ancestor is earth genie or something like that.

Efe

Erudite
could new race be grippli?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom