Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Game already has a shitton of races and classes. Almost to many. What it didn't have enough of is art asset variety. Where is the stretch goal for that?

Or better magic combat - sequencers, contingencies and stuff like that?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
DAO style AI builder in general would be nice. Can be used by modder too if they want to crank up how the AI acts. Then you can automate simple task such as drinking potions in belt when health is low. It opens the enemy mages to use Dispel Magic or Break Enchanment should they know you are buffed and they have the spell available (maybe put that behind Knowledge (World) check by the enemies so they don't cheat like SCCS who always know what buffs you have at the moment).

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
it didn't have enough of is art asset variety.
You mean this, right?
834eeb594868560a911cfa5b7b48224d_original.png

Can't agree with you more.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I mean why wouldn't it make sense? Asimaar and Tiefling can be born from lineage several generations away that they are usually born out of 2 normal looking humans anyway. These rock people are the same but their ancestor is earth genie or something like that.
It was offered as one of the three races we voted on in Kingmaker along with the other elemental races. Limiting it down now would be kind of cheap. It's also one of the crappier races in the game, I would take Kobold over that.

Vatnik Wumao
So, if I understood correctly, the three warrior archetypes will be dragonheir, hellknight and mutant or did they pick only the latter for implementation for the extra archetype goal?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
So, if I understood correctly, the three warrior archetypes will be dragonheir, hellknight and mutant or did they pick only the latter for implementation for the extra archetype goal?
Actually. I am confused. How many archetypes are they adding?

They are doing 6 per class.

4 of them should be in PfK, I doubt they will change it. The other new 1 (from increasing Archtype from 4 to 5) is unknown. Those 3 are made as example of what they want to put initially but didn't coz too much work. We will probably get 1 out of that 3 in the game now we get the 6th archtype.

Vatnik Wumao

4 of them should be in PfK, I doubt they will change it. The other new 1 (from increasing Archtype from 4 to 5) is unknown. Those 3 are made as example of what they want to put initially but didn't coz too much work. We will probably get 1 out of that 3 in the game now we get the 6th archtype.
Did they pick discount witcher over hellknight? For fuck's sake. Even dragonheir is more interesting than that.

I want my hellknight. :argh:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Did they pick discount witcher over hellknight? For fuck's sake. Even dragonheir is more interesting than that.

Wait. No no no. Hellknight has already been confirmed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oread is considered to be in the running for worst race in the game mechanically
reminder that pnp players before dlc said kinetic is trash class.
I would like to see the source for pnp players considering Oread to be the worst race in the game because it certainly isn't anywhere near as bad as some others such as Kobold or Gillman

I mean it has decent stats for a Wisdom caster who wants to spend some time hitting things in melee, and has Darkvision.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Wait. No no no. Hellknight has already been confirmed.

Hellknights is PRC. The Fighter archtype in the update is some sort of Hellknights squire, somebody who is in training to become Hellkinghits. Maybe we will get that one as the 6th archtype. But honestly its just another boring martial archtype. The dragon or witcher one is probably more interesting to play variety wise.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
All these new races. All these new classes. All these new portraits. I hope they don't cheap out on the portraits.
There can only be so many vanilla ones. Best to plan for your custom portraits in advance.
Thankfully, I have a collection of monk portraits. Still, I don't think they will work. They said mythic progression will affect how your portraits look.

Vatnik Wumao
All these new races. All these new classes. All these new portraits. I hope they don't cheap out on the portraits.
There can only be so many vanilla ones. Best to plan for your custom portraits in advance.
Thankfully, I have a collection of monk portraits. Still, I don't think they will work. They said mythic progression will affect how your portraits look.
Well, if it's just a change of portrait (human to Lich and what not), they could implement custom portraits for that as well.

Speaking of the Lich path, do we start as one or do we progress to become one (through a path specific questline hopefully)?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well, if it's just a change of portrait (human to Lich and what not), they could implement custom portraits for that as well.

Speaking of the Lich path, do we start as one or do we progress to become one (through a path specific questline hopefully)?
>Speaking of the Lich path, do we start as one or do we progress to become one
You progress as one. Read all about it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2749839

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Oread is considered to be in the running for worst race in the game mechanically
reminder that pnp players before dlc said kinetic is trash class.
I only saw one in action for a little while during a low level game, but it didn't seem great. Kind of mediocre, maybe higher levels change it. I think one thing that really made the Kineticist stand out more in Kingmaker was the limited resting and the greater number of fights against weaker opponents. A 3.5 Warlock also would've worked well for similar reasons in my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom