Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
YES! Love him!!!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I put you on ignoring because you start a discussion without understanding a single thing that is being said to you. You first made a statement that you like rtwp more because positioning and the order in which you do things matters more, giving the example that in TB you just have to place your mages far back enough that nothing can reach them in one turn. I nicely and with good tone explain to you why this is a false statement by giving you a counterexample in turn-based to your example in real-time, also explaining why positioning in the real-time scenario you describe matters less due to how AoO works in real-time compared to turn-based (IN PATHFINDER).

When you reply to my response you start with this idiocy:
I've definitely played turn based games, don't worry about that
As a reply to:
You have just not played with TB

Okay!?!? You admit that you have not played pathfinder in turn-based, but every other tb-system is the same and can be applied to each other so it does not matter?!?! You then go on with stupid statements like:

Does running directly at an enemy cause attack of opportunity in any turn based game?

NO ONE made that statement which proves you didn't understand A SINGLE THING I tried to convey to you.

Also, if you can even still see this your the one that commented AoO only happens once every six seconds ( barring feets or bad implementation) but now your back to infinite? I may have messed up an acronym but I have no idea what the fuck is going on with your formatting. They would not get infinite AoO until they die because they're going to be running for two rounds max. No body's getting infinite AoO because I'm not an idiot and know what I'm doing. If I'm in that situation I'm going to deal with it in another way.

For the third time: In REAL-TIME, If an enemy is disengaging the front to attack your mage and one of your front characters follow pursuit, you can simultaneously move the mage so that your front character gets an AoO every six seconds for as long as everybody is moving (infinitely). This can not happen in turn-based. It is a flaw in how pathfinder 3.5 translates to a real-time system. This is the argument against your scenario that positioning mattes more in real-time, and why I made the statement that you should try turn-based in pathfinder: kingmaker.

This is just one example of why it's a necessity for turn-based to be in Pf:WotR. There are many other examples of how the pathfinder 3.5 system is flawed in real-time. It works, but in a lesser way.

Wow. He came out of his bubble long enough to write a comment. That must have been really brave of you. It's a long comment too. Hope it didn't take too much out of you. Have you even tried kiting in kingmaker? Doesn't work as well as you think it does. Unless you have haste or something in which case the troll will eventually stop chasing your mage. The AI isn't that stupid. It's not a problem at all, you're just making shit up. Instead of you talking about a system you don't know shit about I'd like to hear why you ignored me but still decided to comment.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lacrymas Here's YOUR Lann, bro:
DTDlv1g.jpg
Pffft ahaha. My boy Lann looks like he's suffering from the downs, ahaha.

Lacrymas

Arcane
In just now. First time backing something, pretty excited.

Just to be clear, those two aren't related.

3% of the population commit 70% of the what now? Hmmm really makes you think, huh?
Not sure what you mean by that. It's certainly not relevant to what I'm saying and it would be pretty gross if you were implying something different. But I'm sure you are reasonable and aren't doing that. I'm also sure we won't be continuing this very off-topic discussion.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
There are rumors that Owlcat will use 3D portrait (like in Queen Wish) to simulate the transforming into Mythics part instead of painted picture like PfK.

Can you have a confirmation on next stream or something Pink Eye ?
Refunding my money if this is true. They better have some godly amount of art assets if they do decide to use 3D portraits. 2D portraits are a must for RPGs.

frajaq

Erudite
There are rumors that Owlcat will use 3D portrait (like in Queen Wish) to simulate the transforming into Mythics part instead of painted picture like PfK.

Can you have a confirmation on next stream or something Pink Eye ?
Refunding my money if this is true. They better have some godly amount of art assets if they do decide to use 3D portraits. 2D portraits are a must for RPGs.

see no reason for this to be true unless Owlcat is extremely extremely stupid

Lacrymas

Arcane
Try to be reasonable about this. At least 27 (or even 18) versions of a single portrait is an ungodly amount of work. They could only go with a single portrait and not have it change at all. Or maybe have a specific portrait for all 9 mythics and the other version (i.e. in the process of transformation) is just a filter over the original portrait you've chosen. Don't expect hundreds of hand-made portraits is what I'm saying.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I suppose only 9 additional versions of each portrait just to represent the end transformation would be more manageable, depending on how detailed they do it. It also depends on how many portraits there would be.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Try to be reasonable about this. At least 27 (or even 18) versions of a single portrait is an ungodly amount of work. They could only go with a single portrait and not have it change at all. Or maybe have a specific portrait for all 9 mythics and the other version (i.e. in the process of transformation) is just a filter over the original portrait you've chosen. Don't expect hundreds of hand-made portraits is what I'm saying.
Then don't fucking do it. It's a stupid decision. I don't want to stare at a fucking hybrid fury all day as my main character.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Owlcat portraits are particularly expensive, because each one is actually a highly detailed full body illustration (like that Lann image you're obsessing over). I expect them to carry over as many as they can from Kingmaker.

But modifying an existing portrait to illustrate a character who is transforming isn't necessarily that difficult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom