Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
With this amount of classes, races, paths, archetypes... I am pretty sure this game will announce a 6 months delay, right after the end of this kickstarter.

Its impossible to keep the original deadline with the amount of things they added during the campaign.
I don't think any of this takes a huge amount of time or effort to create. Most of them are available from PF:KM already, and we have had 2-3 mods that add classes and feats that were missing. If a single modder can add that, I'm sure Owlcat will manage. Mythic paths are just another feat tree on top of the others, with a few extra spell levels for pure spellcasters. What I'm more concerned about is the reactivity and all the extraneous features which don't necessarily mesh well with the usual gameplay. Like mounted combat and pokemon. Balance sounds like it would be hell to keep track of too. The most time consuming thing (afaik) in 3D video game development is graphics, and more specifically the animations, which both of these things are.

I agree with you, but modders usually dont test it all, integrated and focused in keep the balance and code stability. The amount of effort to test it all will be huge, for sure. If you add more things to the scope, I dont see how to have the same deadline (of course you can add more people to the team - but it will be more expensive).

Its absolutely impossible to keep the original deadline with the amount of things they added during the campaign.
I would like very much to make acquaintance with such a renown game developer as you. May I humbly ask you for the list of the projects you took part in?

Yes, of course. I am a project manager (former systems and business analyst, and also developer) in a huge swiss bank. I had part in many projects since 2005, mainly in insurance companies, banks and financial institutions. You can see my linkedin here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vinirsouza/

If you think IT projects are any different from game development, think twice.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Its absolutely impossible to keep the original deadline with the amount of things they added during the campaign.
I would like very much to make acquaintance with such a renown game developer as you. May I humbly ask you for the list of the projects you took part in?

Yes, of course. I am a project manager (former systems and business analyst, and also developer) in a huge swiss bank. I had part in many projects since 2005, mainly in insurance companies, banks and financial institutions. You can see my linkedin here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vinirsouza/

Should you be showing everybody your real life information on this dingy place? I don't trust anybody here. Also if I move to Poland can you hook me up with a visa and job?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't think any of this takes a huge amount of time or effort to create. Most of them are available from PF:KM already, and we have had 2-3 mods that add classes and feats that were missing. If a single modder can add that, I'm sure Owlcat will manage. Mythic paths are just another feat tree on top of the others, with a few extra spell levels for pure spellcasters. What I'm more concerned about is the reactivity and all the extraneous features which don't necessarily mesh well with the usual gameplay. Like mounted combat and pokemon. Balance sounds like it would be hell to keep track of too. The most time consuming thing (afaik) in 3D video game development is graphics, and more specifically the animations, which both of these things are.

Also, with money, they can pay freelancers to do most of the work for then.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

But they are different. Do you have experience on the graphic side? Music composition? Writing dialogues?

Are you even comparing working in a tight team with being a project manager in a mega corp?

You are retarded, sir.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It's very odd people react to Japanese elements in the setting. It is completely in line with the generic medieval and feudal archetypes of the setting, indeed it is the exact counter-part of the European fantasy, involving certain combined marital and religious themes related to the military aristocracy.

Riel

Arcane
Te next goal is sending a manned expedition to Mars in a Soyuz while doing a Marathon of play-troughs of PF Kingmaker

Vatnik Wumao
Cut furries and mounted combat, keep crusade and mythic paths.
Fixed that for you, banderovets.
Mounted combat could be really fun,if it was part of the core game. Wouldn't mind a nice charge in some crusader boogaloo. But i do agree with you,i doubt that it will be a good mix for this game.
It sounds good in theory, but it won't be a core aspect of the gameplay. And I don't think that anyone wants Owlcat's mounted combat equivalent to Sawyer's implementation of ship combat in Deadfire.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Brazil is a mess. Poland have lots of IT jobs and its short in people. Its a win-win situation.

I an (unfortunately) Brazilian. Here we have the third world problems like criminality and the first world problems like the progressive mindset and affirmative action(despite white being a minority since the imperial times and being a blonde princess who ended the slavery here).... They don't need to hire Brazilians to do the location. A Portuguese guy probably can. And there are a lot of Brazilians already living in Europe. Some get Italian/Portuguese/etc citizenship due ancestry, others get visas. They can also pay for a company to do the localization.

But i an not sure if translate is a good idea. CRPG's aren't popular on Brazil AND most people who likes CRPG's can at least read English. Computers dominated the gaming scene on most poor countries but on Brazil, few people actually know most PC classics(not only RPG's)

Play on story mode. It was made for this style of play. Otherwise, you will have to read the combat log and you might choke on your chips.

Well said. The game on normal should be a challenge. I don't get people who wanna "only relax", can put in a relaxing difficulty but instead preffer to ask the difficulty to be nerfed...

Jezal_k23

I an (unfortunately) Brazilian.

Ok I just wanna say I respect and sympathize with your (our) problems since I am also brazilian, but this is some self pity shit and it annoys me somewhat. We all got shit to deal with, some better and some worse, but woe is me is never the way to go imo.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok I just wanna say I respect and sympathize with your (our) problems since I am also brazilian, but this is some self pity shit and it annoys me somewhat. We all got shit to deal with, some better and some worse, but woe is me is never the way to go imo.

I din't talked it to make victimize myself only to have a context of how the reality is and why i believe that a localization will be economic viable...

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
We're going to hit it either tonight or tomorrow, it seems.
MZYhoS2.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
From the chan:
QUEEN WATCH
Stars achieved: 19
What we need: 3 achievements from the following list
KS Backers: 19,921/21,000
YT Subs: 13,200/20,000
Instagram Subs: 4,081/5,000
Twitter Followers: 10,400/12,000
Twitch Followers: 7,711/10,000

frajaq

Erudite
not gonna lie I hope theres another Sandbox DLC like the Beneath the Lands so you can actually play around with so many goddamn class options that Wrath is gonna offer

yes I know about mercenaries but it feels "wrong" to use them on the main campaign

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom