Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Okay, so, what, is this a game for kids? I'm not sure how well that well work since 6 year olds don't have money, but if it's not for us actual people, well, they can make what they want, right?
Kids who play video games don't actually play games for kids, that's hardly even a genre anymore ever since edutainment games died out a while ago.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Okay, so, what, is this a game for kids? I'm not sure how well that well work since 6 year olds don't have money, but if it's not for us actual people, well, they can make what they want, right?
Parents buy their kids' games for them. You don't remember?

Kids who play video games don't actually play games for kids, that's hardly even a genre anymore ever since edutainment games died out a while ago.
Nintendo's still going strong, isn't it?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Great. Meanwhile, the like-dislike ratio on Youtube has not improved.

37YI75h.jpg

Funny the like/dislike ratio on Obsidian's channel is not as bad (currently 1.7K / 0.6K) from the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4B5iOh1mB8

Only hardcore Xbox fans dislike it? Probably we were CodeX all along.

Norfleet

Parents buy their kids' games for them. You don't remember?
No, I don't. In MY day, we didn't have games, we had to play with jagged metal and broken glass, and then they took our metal away for the war effort. AND WE LIKED IT. I don't buy MY kids ANYTHING, they can go murder it in the woods like *I* did.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

https://grounded.obsidian.net/news/grounded-is-coming-to-pax-east-2020

GROUNDED IS COMING TO PAX EAST 2020!
grounded-pax2020-960.jpg

Hello everyone! We have been asked since the game’s announcement at X019 for more information about Grounded. We’re planning on sharing a good deal with you in the coming months, but first we wanted to take this time to let you know about a few things for you to keep an eye on.

On February 29th, live from Boston at PAX East, members of the development team will be doing a panel hosted by Larry Hryb, Xbox Live’s “Major Nelson,” where they’ll be looking at footage of Grounded and diving in to how the small but large world of the game works. The panel will start at 1:30PM Eastern and will be streamed so you all won’t have to miss a thing.

But don’t take my word for it, here’s a note from Game Director, Adam Brennecke, on why he’s looking forward to PAX East:

Since the announcement of Grounded, we’ve had a ton of folks reaching out for more details about our game. With community involvement being at the core of the Grounded experience, the team felt like PAX East was the perfect place to connect directly with fans and kick off our community-driven journey. Joining me on stage will be team members Roby Atadero and Sean Dunny. We are excited to answer your questions as well as share more details around Grounded’s survival gameplay and the insect life you’ll encounter. If you are planning on going to PAX East, come join us at the panel and say hi to the team!​

But wait, there’s more! Our social channels for the game where we’ll share news, announcements, and interact with you all are now live. So head to our Facebook, Twitter, or Discord for Grounded, we can’t wait to chat with you!

In the coming weeks we’ll have more updates to share with you as well as some exciting news we’re looking forward to getting into next month. For now we’ll let you know that if you want to get an early peek at the world the team here at Obsidian is making with Grounded then you should absolutely look into the Xbox Insider program very soon. Just sayin’.

See you at PAX East, everyone!
-Mikey Dowling | Director of Communications

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They're making another movie, so Brennecke got right in on the ground floor of this nostalgia zeitgeist. Chance of Obsidian actually having a hit here rising. :lol:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Why Early Access?
“From our previous crowdfunding experience, we found incredible value in involving the community early in the process. Early Access provides an ability to receive and implement community feedback in a way that helps us more nimbly build a better game. Grounded is the type of experience in which community feedback will be critical, and Early Access will enable that feedback loop from the very beginning.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We want to make the best experience possible and putting an exact timeline on an early-in-development game is very challenging. That said, we also want to be transparent with our community, so we will give you our best guess with the understanding that these plans may change. The current target for Grounded’s full release is sometime in 2021.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“There is a ton of great content we want to deliver with Grounded, but more importantly some of the ideas and features may change dramatically based on the feedback we receive from the community. Our current plan for the full release is to have the following features:

• Complete storyline
• Steam Achievements and Cards
• More bugs! The insect kind.
• More environments and biomes
• More crafting recipes
• Additional features and updated systems to improve the entire experience”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“At the start of Early Access, the following features/content will be available in Grounded:

• Roughly 20% of the full storyline
• 3 major biomes – the grasslands, the hedge, and the haze
• Crafting
• Base building
• Single and online co-op play
• First two tiers of weapons and armor
• At least ten insects
• Arachnophobia mode”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We greatly appreciate the willingness of our community to support and engage with the development of Grounded. Therefore, early supporters will receive a benefit since we will gradually increase the price of Grounded in early access as we add more content and features.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We want to create as many opportunities as possible for our community to engage with us and provide feedback. Whether it is our development blog, discord server, or monthly dev diaries, we will be listening, discussing, and incorporating your feedback from start to finish.”

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

It seems Obsidian is not as loyal to its new owner as inXile. :cool:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh. This will be the first proper Early Access game from Obsidian (PoE1 & 2 betas were a kind of Early Access but were never available for sale on Steam).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom