Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

S.torch

Arbiter
d92e1fc38be426bad84b746de4c68447_original.png

Very nice! They are going to translate the game to spanish. These russians know how to do it. :love:

For all the people that jumped on the train of whining when it was mentioned that the game could be translated. :dance:

I'd like to see a stretch goal for "Baldur's Gate class" spells. Contingencies, sequencers, reflections, wishes, spell traps, project image, mislead, etc. That is what we need for the heir aparrent that owlcat is becoming. Make spell casting great again!

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd like to see a stretch goal for "Baldur's Gate class" spells. Contingencies, sequencers, reflections, wishes, spell traps, project image, mislead, etc. That is what we need for the heir aparrent that owlcat is becoming. Make spell casting great again!

Agreed. Given that contingencies, sequencers and traps are essentially meta-spells (spells that cast other spells), I don't imagine this would be an expensive or conceptually difficult addition for Owlcat. It might require some extra UI work, though.

Out of curiosity (as I haven't played PF: KM yet), are there any mods that add these sorts of spells?

Agreed. Given that contingencies, sequencers and traps are essentially meta-spells (spells that cast other spells), I don't imagine this would be an expensive or conceptually difficult addition for Owlcat. It might require some extra UI work, though.

Out of curiosity (as I haven't played PF: KM yet), are there any mods that add these sorts of spells?
PFKM has a very robust spell creation tool that Owlcat made. They had a huge feature on it and were very proud of it. Time to put it through its paces.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For all the people that jumped on the train of whining when it was mentioned that the game could be translated. :dance:
When you were talking about this I mentioned the cost of translating Kingmaker's text would have worked out to over $150,000. Look how much that stretch goal costs. Personally I never thought it was impossible, I just didn't think it'd be worth it. But they're paying for it in advance here.

deuxhero

Arcane
I noticed the Oread is holding the flag of Spain. Which dialect of Spanish is normally used for "Spanish" game translations? From what I've heard the various Spanishes are sufficiently different to be unreadable for those speaking another dialect.

Well I was right there was more than one line past Oread.

Any idea what the next thing is?
+2 romance

There's clearly an i or j.

Last edited:
I noticed the Oread is holding the flag of Spain. Which dialect of Spanish is normally used for "Spanish" game translations? From what I've heard the various Spanishes aren't sufficiently different to be unreadable for those speaking another dialect.

Well I was right there was more than one line past Oread.

Any idea what the next thing is?
+2 romance

There's clearly an i or j.
+2 romance options

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The romances in kingmaker weren't super lengthy or involved. More options means more chances for something like tiefling waifus, and I doubt it'll be an expensive goal.

Incidentally I'm on my second Kingmaker playthrough and after paying closer attention to their dialog I'm trying to get Regongar to kill Octavia in the funhouse. I changed my mind, whoever said she was the worst companion was right.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, Spanish is the 3d most popular language in the world, so no wonder they decided to get into the market of jungle monkeys and cocaine barons.
That doesn't matter much, the available market does. Hindustani and Arabic are the 4th and 5th most spoken languages, both as native-only and total, but there isn't a single game in my GOG library that is translated into these languages. German isn't even in the top 10 however we look at it, yet it's the second go-to language after English as far as translations go.

S.torch

Arbiter
I noticed the Oread is holding the flag of Spain. Which dialect of Spanish is normally used for "Spanish" game translations? From what I've heard the various Spanishes aren't sufficiently different to be unreadable for those speaking another dialect.

Spanish from Spain.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, Spanish is the 3d most popular language in the world, so no wonder they decided to get into the market of jungle monkeys and cocaine barons.

There are far more games in German than in Arabic despite existing much more Arabic speakers in the world. How many speakers and how many potential costumers there are are two different things. And piracy is very common in underdeveloped/developing countries.

Keep in mind that "spanish" has a lot of dialects. I personally can understand Argentine and Uruguayan Spanish but can't understand Mexican Spanish. And not all Spanish speaking countries are "mexico". The distance between Mexico city and Ushuaia is about 5 times greater than the distance between London and Istanbul.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The romances in kingmaker weren't super lengthy or involved. More options means more chances for something like tiefling waifus, and I doubt it'll be an expensive goal.

Incidentally I'm on my second Kingmaker playthrough and after paying closer attention to their dialog I'm trying to get Regongar to kill Octavia in the funhouse. I changed my mind, whoever said she was the worst companion was right.

You have to romance regongar to achieve that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just noticed that somebody took the last $4000 Design an NPC tier. Create an NPC Face is now the only remaining high tier (with 4 slots).

Last edited:

S.torch

Arbiter
There are far more games in German than in Arabic despite existing much more Arabic speakers in the world. How many speakers and how many potential costumers there are are two different things. And piracy is very common in underdeveloped/developing countries.

Keep in mind that "spanish" has a lot of dialects. I personally can understand Argentine and Uruguayan Spanish but can't understand Mexican Spanish. And not all Spanish speaking countries are "mexico". The distance between Mexico city and Ushuaia is about 5 times greater than the distance between London and Istanbul.

It has almost no relevance really. If you know how to speak spanish you can understand it always. Just like you can understand british and american english.

Lacrymas

Arcane
British and American English have very few differences that everyone who speaks English would understand. There are some very thick Irish dialects that I can't understand, but the Irish can't understand those either, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But the differences between Mexican and Spain Spanish are huge, just like the differences between Plattdeutsch and German, it's almost a completely different language. Even in small countries like Bulgaria, there is a dialect that I can't understand a word of, so it's not like the differences between British and American English.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Torlaks or what?
In the Трън region. There are some weird obscure dialects that have their own writing systems, they are on the whole understandable however, the one from Tрън is like a different language.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom