Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Did world casualize the hell out of him so the secondaries playing as their first game have an easy time or is pic related still accurate?

91e.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
From what i hear it is faster, has even shorter windows of punishment, got new combo braking pokes and behave unpredictable.
So yes, he is going to fuck those asses harder than ever.

With Rajang in they have most of skeletons from old games. I would love to see blangonga in mhw2 or congalala. Those were always fun to fight and had meme power.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
From what i hear it is faster, has even shorter windows of punishment, got new combo braking pokes and behave unpredictable.
So yes, he is going to fuck those asses harder than ever.

With Rajang in they have most of skeletons from old games. I would love to see blangonga in mhw2 or congalala. Those were always fun to fight and had meme power.
Kecha Wacha I had a lot of fun with.

I want the amphibians, neopterans, and temnocerans though, those were really cool.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait someone actually went to the effort to decide that we needed monsters to have defecation habits in world?
i have seen rathian poop several times. the dungs you collected usually dont spawn on its own, but pooped by monsters. all the monsters have their own schedules. i have seen them eating ,drinking water, pooping etc.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Wait someone actually went to the effort to decide that we needed monsters to have defecation habits in world?
i have seen rathian poop several times. the dungs you collected usually dont spawn on its own, but pooped by monsters. all the monsters have their own schedules. i have seen them eating ,drinking water, pooping etc.
Do they fug

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do they fug
no sadly. i have seen rathian and rathalos interact but never shagged.

mogwaimon

Magister
the shitting didn't come in vanilla MHW, that was added in Iceborne. so someone at Capcom must have looked at MGS5 and Red Dead 2 with their superior horse dong and horse shitting and decided that they needed to up their monster game. MHW2 will have fully featured monster genitalia and it'll probably be a nightmare.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
the shitting didn't come in vanilla MHW, that was added in Iceborne. so someone at Capcom must have looked at MGS5 and Red Dead 2 with their superior horse dong and horse shitting and decided that they needed to up their monster game. MHW2 will have fully featured monster genitalia and it'll probably be a nightmare.
Hot rajang dick is only a meme for now.

Perkel

Arcane
Now if they would add Giginox. We would be able to fully know how the fuck something like this lives.

Vorark

Erudite
Khezu x Gigginox when?

l3rlo9o.jpg

Looking up Khezu and Gigginox on google images may be a scarring experience.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone describe to me the appeal of this game? Why do people prefer this in place of, say, Dark Souls? Not judging the game; I'm unfamiliar with the series and genuinely curious.

Perkel

Arcane
Think of this as Dark Souls with only bosses.
Then remove luck from it as those boss fights last not 2-3 minutes but 10-40minutes where you don't have ability to "luck out". Then make out of that boss new weapons and armor to challange next bosses.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister
Soulsborne and MH are two very different beasts, no pun intended. if you go into one expecting the other you'll be sorely disappointed, they scratch two different itches entirely

sullynathan

Arcane
Can someone describe to me the appeal of this game? Why do people prefer this in place of, say, Dark Souls? Not judging the game; I'm unfamiliar with the series and genuinely curious.
it's a multiplayer farming game with the big difference that it isn't mostly about shooting or beating fodder. You farm only the bosses

Perkel

Arcane
Soulsborne and MH are two very different beasts, no pun intended. if you go into one expecting the other you'll be sorely disappointed, they scratch two different itches entirely

I disagree. They do in fact have similar core. Slow deliberate combat that rewards skill and punishes mashing.
In fact it is only when i finished Demon's Souls that i liked MHFU. Before that i just bounced off from it

mogwaimon

Magister
yea but with Soulsborne you're getting a more RPG-like journey through dungeons and catacombs and stuff, with MHW it's basically a boss rush arena fighter. The combat shares similar design philosophies, sure, but the core gameplay loop differs too much to say that someone who enjoys Soulsborne will definitely enjoy MH.

Perkel

Arcane
yea but with Soulsborne you're getting a more RPG-like journey through dungeons and catacombs and stuff, with MHW it's basically a boss rush arena fighter. The combat shares similar design philosophies, sure, but the core gameplay loop differs too much to say that someone who enjoys Soulsborne will definitely enjoy MH.

That depends if they are combatfags or storyfags. Storyfags no but combatfags will love it.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a particulary effective way to level the Guiding Lands? Or is it just gathering tracks/killing stuff galore?

mogwaimon

Magister
i would argue that a dungeon crawler is fundamentally different from what MH is and that the separation of 'storyfags and combatfags' has little bearing on the genre preference being discussed. you can enjoy traversing a dungeon full of traps and tight encounter design without being a storyfag. but whatever, I can't really put it any other way, like what you like and play what you like

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MH is nothing like the Souls games.
I disagree. They do in fact have similar core. Slow deliberate combat that rewards skill and punishes mashing.
In fact it is only when i finished Demon's Souls that i liked MHFU. Before that i just bounced off from it

That's actually one of the biggest misconceptions about the Souls games, that people play them for the combat. This is actually not really true, Souls players enjoy its combat, sure, but they don't play the game for that. Souls games are a rare mix of storyfag bait, atmospherefag bait and explorationfag bait, the combat is mostly an afterthought.

I know that's a weird assertion to make considering how pushy the Souls games are with their combat, but when you think about it and think about how its fanbase behaves and what it latches on to, it starts to make sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom