Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
My guess now would be some sort of DA origins like game, with 3rd person over the shoulder exploration but top down (simplified for console) RTWP combat.

What if it's turn-based? We already have two RPGs with dual RTwP/TB modes. Dual action/turn-based is the next step. :cool:

Dual RTWP/TB could theoretically be possible but seems unlikely to me because of the extra work, better to do one thing very well.

Dual action RPG and tactical RPG I hope not, two very different systems so would be very difficult to make both interesting.

TB only would also be great, but somehow I feel they want to try something different this time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Extensive mocap and animation. Movie like props such as castle wars.
It could be that only dialogues are face-to-face, or we'll have extensive cinematics (read: cancer) that will use mocap and face animations. I really don't know what to expect at this point, I still think it will be something that isn't to my liking. The best case scenario I expect is RTwP isometric. But I'd argue that it doesn't really matter because I know they'll screw up everything else, so it's a bit moot anyway.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Mortmal

Arcane
I doubt it will be first-person, but I've thought from the beginning that people were underrating the possibility that the game will be dual-mode, allowing both third-person action and party-based isometric play. It would explain why Swen is coy about saying whether the game is isometric. It's not because he wants to hide the truth from pissed off fans, it's because he's saving the surprise that "Actually, we're doing BOTH!"
Or similar to new XCOM mode, once you use an action it turns into a first person cinematic.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
A sample of the Grand Unveiling of February the 27th

XLjfwDe.jpg

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys did you see this video:

Look at this here:

prerenderedomg.png

Is this is a sort of prerendered background?

She also seems to be working on a gameplay location and it looks similar-ish to D:OS 2:

prerenderedomg2.png

frajaq

Erudite
You are burdened with a great power devouring you from within.
How far down the path of darkness will you let it take you?
The fate of Faerûn is on your party’s shoulders.
Will you carry it to salvation, or descend with it to hell?

so its almost sure the protagonist is going to be the Adversary at this point

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't know guys, 350 people.. this game will need to sell TONS to be worth it. I don't see them not going cinematic in some way to cover this. This will probably just be some fantasy Mass Effect game.

Quatlo

Arcane
I don't know guys, 350 people.. this game will need to sell TONS to be worth it. I don't see them not going cinematic in some way to cover this. This will probably just be some fantasy Mass Effect game.
Crap like PoE sold on BG brand alone, this will be even bigger.
Unless they blow it hard it will at least be even for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom