Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't know guys, 350 people.. this game will need to sell TONS to be worth it. I don't see them not going cinematic in some way to cover this. This will probably just be some fantasy Mass Effect game.
Crap like PoE sold on BG brand alone, this will be even bigger.
Unless they blow it hard it will at least be even for them.
I don't know. Google says 100 people worked on Skyrim EDIT: and 250 on TW3. It will not be enough to ride a hype of some brand here.

Bara

Arcane
The creature riding the red dragon is a Githyanki.
We also know about the mind flayers and the spelljammer ship of the mind flayers.

So we will probally going to explore astral plane or plane jumping.

Screen shot of the creature for those who don't wana bother watching a teaser to a reveal trailer.

xhO6wjq.jpg

I don't know guys, 350 people.. this game will need to sell TONS to be worth it. I don't see them not going cinematic in some way to cover this. This will probably just be some fantasy Mass Effect game.
They said outsource included, so half of those are probably voice actors, musicians and quality assessors.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno, literally just a face you can't see very well because of a blue light shining on it seems like a stretch to call hot, but maybe I'll never understand what other people find hot or how they come to that conclusion.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
If you want have some fun. 4K captures:

Some crops:

cHD2Edz.jpg

Out first look at writing of BG3.

Most likely drawing concept art in Photoshop.

This looks like a level editor. You can see terrain "chunk" on bottom of the right monitor. This doesn't necessarily imply gameplay perspective imo.

ZNhbkKo.jpg

UI? Journal?

All that finger bones, all that details. Yeah, this won't be isometric-only.

Seems like source code of the level editor, something related to tiling.

And this is the most interesting thing to me:

W8IXEbD.jpg

It seems like they've developed their own visual scripting system like Unreal's Blueprint. Actually you can see that they call theirs Blueprint too. Since this kind of system is mostly for high-level gameplay things, you can read interesting things on text... Few things I could make out and think relevant:

Turn_CurrentAngle
Climbing Systems
AreWeaponStowed
SpellLongDuration

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think it will be first person and third person like an MMO. There was a half second clip of in game looking down at your feet, so it suggests first person. So you can explore and talk to people in first person, and then in combat you pause, scroll outwards and upwards for a high up view like DA-Origins. Gotta love how instead of just showing the gameplay, they are announcing that they are going to show the gameplay in a week. In the future I bet they will announce when they will be announcing the gameplay announcement. Also it looks like they put a lot of effort into animations. I bet when you a press a button, something awesome happens.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Reddit transcription: https://old.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/f5x5vr/baldurs_gate_3_first_characters_revealed/

The voice actor starts with: "Tchok'l, come closer"

The whole voice passage is:

1] Tchok'l. Come closer.

2] Dry skin, clear eyes. You do not suffer, you flourish.

3] Disturbing.

4] Abominations grow inside us. Our bones should ache; our mouths should bleed.

5] Yet we thrive. It is madness.

6] On the gh'oth - the ship. There was a voice. It promised to change us.

7] Yes - and the gholk has fulfilled its promise. New strength flows through us.

8] It is manipulation. It is obscene. Reject it.

9] Fool. These are gholk. There is always a price to pay.

This seems to be two people talking about undergoing ceremorphosis, with abominations inside of them. There is a reference to mind flayers, and a ship (a nautiloid called the gh'oth).

This somehow reminds me that Swen said mindflayers are not the main antagonist.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Wouldn't Owlcat fit that bill, Morgoth? Or are they not yet AAA?
Their production values are similar to Pillars of Eternity, I'd say. Meaning not anywhere close to AAA standards.
Cyberpunk is technically based on an RPG system, but it looks like it would be more of a GTA game than a proper cRPG, so that drops out too.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Some of the best RPGs were literally made in damp cellars by a handful of malnourished, scruffy devs on defective game engines 20 years ago. Meanwhile, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity I and II each raised $4 million each and turned out shit.

hexer

Seems like source code of the level editor, something related to tiling.

It's a spline editor inside a tileset map editor.
Splines are used to create all sort of continuous forms such as roads, rivers, fences, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom