Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Harthwain

Magister
Do the screens showing the combat look a little weird to anyone else? Perhaps it's the way the tiles are highlighted, or the individual tiles themselves?
It's the tiles. I think they should be either way more transparent or completely filled out with a single color.

Aemar

Arcane
:d1p:, whenever that may be. Expecting a shit ton of content now that they've revealed the map and part of its numerous locations.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Low gamma? Idk. Went back to the other screenshots here (https://www.realms-beyond.com/media/) and they dont seem to have the same problem.
No, the other screenshots have the exact same problem. The game seems blurry for some reason? Is that just the art?

JarlFrank

Any info?

I dunno. Doesn't look blurry to me. Maybe whoever took the shots had weird graphics settings?
It is the colour palette,it is missing something.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Low gamma? Idk. Went back to the other screenshots here (https://www.realms-beyond.com/media/) and they dont seem to have the same problem.
No, the other screenshots have the exact same problem. The game seems blurry for some reason? Is that just the art?

JarlFrank

Any info?

I dunno. Doesn't look blurry to me. Maybe whoever took the shots had weird graphics settings?

Perhaps more contrast and/or sharpness. We could ask the dev, there should be someone here.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

JarlFrank

Any info?

Perhaps more contrast and/or sharpness. We could ask the dev, there should be someone here.
Something weird with shadows/lighting. Shadows aren’t there at all.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Fuck shadows. For the amount or resources they eat up, a fairly useless effect.

Sorry, V_K. But shadows are mandatory:

1.jpg

party.jpg

fallout%2B2%2Bparty.jpg

party%2Bof%2B4.jpg

toee%2Bparty%2Bof%2B8.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I like some kind of shadow to keep the characters from floating. Depending on the implementation, shadows don't have to be expensive and you can even provide a toggle to turn them off.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
How would Realms Beyond look like if Ceres Games had current Owlact's budget or previous Obsidian's, I can't even begin to imagine. . ! What would we even get then, D&D: Matrix, Daggerfall II: Isometric?!

Maybe it's best to have just barely enough, all best art wasn born out of struggle after all

Ranarama

Learned
Fuck shadows. For the amount or resources they eat up, a fairly useless effect.

Drop shadows, pre-baked and directional shadows are essentially free, and they are important in showing height for flight or levitation. Especially if the game is to have any verticality at all.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Apparently end of Feb 2020 is when the Combat Demo only will be delivered to backers, according to some boyo from Ceres on the Steam forum. Who the fuck knows when the rest of the game will be finished.

All backers or just some very high value categories? I haven't received an email with respect to this...

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
KS work differently, backers made an investment and are curious about how the the thing that gave their money for in advance is coming along. Regular updates should be a matter of course. If you just stop informing people after you asked them for their dough it feels like you don't give a fuck after you got what you wanted.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
KS work differently, backers made an investment and a curious about how the the thing that gave their money for in advance is coming along. Regular updates should be a matter of course. If you just stop informing people after you asked them for their dough it feels like you don't give a fuck after you got what you wanted.

If they work hard to deliver a great game, it means they give a fuck.

Way more than the morons updating their twitter account every other day while doing nothing or turning the game into something else the backers didn't vouch for.

We'll judge on delivery day but i prefer this method.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom