Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
nu obsidian writing lows are as low as oldschool obsidian writing highs are high or more

Even nu-Biowarean cringiest female abomination from DAI (aka Sera) was not as half hate-provoking for me as the fucking Xoti.
For some indecipherable reason.

I usually blame narration text in her dialogues though.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I usually blame narration text in her dialogues though.
I don't know, I never blamed the actor. If Laura Bailey thought she should have a southern accent, I'm fine with it. (plus, I'm a bit of a fanboy of hers. I liked her in almost everything she's done)

Problem is: did the director approve?

If he did, then it's his blame to take. Meaning, always blame the director for the direction, never blame the actor for their performance in the frame of a certain direction.

But anyway, back on topic, getting the Oread is pretty much the epitome of what monk fans could want. I remember like 15 years ago when I first learned of them that they were "the monk race", so all the shilling paid off. Good stuff.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>But anyway, back on topic, getting the Oread is pretty much the epitome of what monk fans could want. I remember like 15 years ago when I first learned of them that they were "the monk race", so all the shilling paid off. Good stuff.
Mate, if we hit this stretch goal. I will be the EXCITED! I WILL!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
XrPIy79.png

Imagine having to deal with these assholes and idiots on the Kickstarter but you're not allowed to say anything to them because then they'll cry about customer service or some shit. I've seen the most entitled and stupid comments over there.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't know, I never blamed the actor. If Laura Bailey thought she should have a southern accent, I'm fine with it. (plus, I'm a bit of a fanboy of hers. I liked her in almost everything she's done)

Problem is: did the director approve?
No, I've meant not voiced parts, like an endless spiel about her eyelashes, smiles and blushes.
In the scene where "Xoti clings to the hem of your clothes" (while I did everything in my power to be rude) I just wanted to channel Xzar and scream on the top of my lungs in shrill voice "stop touching me!".

So, nothing against Laura Bailey, this is purely on writer and whoever approved the texts.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
In terms of actual personality and dialogue I think Octavia is worse. "Oh baron it's WRONG to keep criminals in cages, who can say if an imprisonment is just or unjust?"
Uh I can bitch, I'm the law round these here parts and what I say goes :argh:

funny enough companions ala "ima elf hate orgres" worked well enough in bg, probably because it was all they mostly had to say and you didn't listen about it for 7 chapters.

more companions > less text > brevity soul whatever > more choices, pure profit

not every game has to be pst. characters like octavia don't need or deserve long quest arks.
Yeah, just keep one-dimentional character's presence to a minimum like the ranger guy, but Regongar and Octavia kept popping up with their sex jokes and 'ughh damn slavorss' so often, I ended up punching them both to death and left their bodies to rot in a swamp and I was playing lawful neutral character.

Imagine having to deal with these assholes and idiots on the Kickstarter but you're not allowed to say anything to them because then they'll cry about customer service or some shit. I've seen the most entitled and stupid comments over there.
That's why every Dev should promote their products on Codex- here, calling customers retarded makes them like you more.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
In terms of actual personality and dialogue I think Octavia is worse. "Oh baron it's WRONG to keep criminals in cages, who can say if an imprisonment is just or unjust?"
As a CG and a former slave, she is correct. The Baron can agree or disagree with her, which in turn changes her attitude to the Baron.

I, for one, absolutely sure that it is better to behead a person than to keep him in jail for 10+ years.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
As a counter point I find Octavia tolerable.

Jaethal and Rengogar are more annoying then her. Hurr hurr durr pleasure, we are very cool, yada2. Coincidentally both are the Codex favorite cool guys out of the companions.

In the end there are preference for anything. If not for the potential to redeem her I would probably kick Jaethal out of the party.

Jaethal and Rengogar are more annoying then her. Hurr hurr durr pleasure, we are very cool, yada2. Coincidentally both are the Codex favorite cool guys out of the companions.

In the end there are preference for anything. If not for the potential to redeem her I would probably kick Jaethal out of the party.
Dex favorites are Harrim, Jubolist, Nock-Nock and Twins (maybe Tristian) by wide margin. Don't know about Jaetal, but she seemed way better than the bottom tier.

I don't think anyone here liked Reg, most of those who didn't dislike him found him just tolerable.

hell bovine

Arcane
Uh I can bitch, I'm the law round these here parts and what I say goes :argh:
Now tell that to the nice hellknight lady who invades your kingdom.

The one companion I really disliked was Linzi on the account of being an annoying plot device. Imo IWD did the "narrator retelling the hero's story" part better.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
We can all agre that Harrim is best bro though, aye?
Harrim is cool but obviously Jubilost is best bro.
In my opinion Nok-Nok and Jewb are the best characters, Harrim and Linzi are pretty cool too. I don't really mind any of them except Octavia and maybe Tristian.
As a CG and a former slave, she is correct. The Baron can agree or disagree with her, which in turn changes her attitude to the Baron.

I, for one, absolutely sure that it is better to behead a person than to keep him in jail for 10+ years.
She isn't "correct" that it is wrong to jail criminals or that it is impossible to know if someone is justly or unjustly imprisoned, that is some hippie-dippy bullshit.
It is nice that you can disagree with her of course, that's kind of the minimum that an RPG should offer.

I guess I maybe just find Reg's jaded, hateful and hedonistic attitude more realistic than Octavia's hippie idealism, coming from a former slave. She is just like a "live laugh love" tier basic bitch.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
We can all agre that Harrim is best bro though, aye?

He is good. Out of all the companion he is the one who matures the most. Well it doesn't help that he initially followed Groetus because he is butthurt that he can't forge shits. But throughout his dialogue even before his quest it shows that he actually is proud of Dwarven civilization which come into conflict with him being butthurt at the Dwarven god. He is probably the best written out of the bunch.

My favorite is Linzi tho. She is just so :love:.

hell bovine

Arcane

Dex favorites are Harrim, Jubolist, Nock-Nock and Twins (maybe Tristian) by wide margin. Don't know about Jaetal, but she seemed way better than the bottom tier.

I don't think anyone here liked Reg, most of those who didn't dislike him found him just tolerable.
I like Reg, but I had him as a warden and his advice was hilarious.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

I like Reg, but I had him as a warden and his advice was hilarious.
I think he can be a bro if you play evil character, maybe being in a forced duo with Octavia stained him for me. Wonder if there is someone here who likes Octavia though.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I guess I maybe just find Reg's jaded, hateful and hedonistic attitude more realistic than Octavia's hippie idealism, coming from a former slave. She is just like a "live laugh love" tier basic bitch.

Both are doing it as coping mechanism. That's the point of their quest. If you choose revenge Octavia will essentially become basic white bitch. Basically becoming closer to what Reg is doing. On the opposite if you choose being good, Reg got some color back and have more control over his impulse. Moving closer to what Octavia is.

But really in the end its personal taste. I find characterization like Octavia to be endearing. Its hard to be positive when life dealt super shitty hands to you. And yet in real life I've met people whose positive outlook on life allows them to push through and finding a relatively better life when I worked in CSR department. And I've seen how those people actually help people around them even before they "stabilize" economically. On the other hand you have shitheads like Reg who will be stuck where they are at forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom