Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
But then Owlcat would've been drowned in complaints by idiots who think that everything about a personality is determined by alignment, and who couldn't understand people with the same alignment could behave so differently.
In my searches for various bits of information I've already seen people bitch about alignment in probably a dozen threads between reddit posts and the steam forums. Nobody knows what the fuck they're talking about. "WHY ARE THE HELLKNIGHTS BREAKING THE LAW IN MY KINGDOM IF THEY'RE LAWFUL? BAD GAME OWLCAT!"

I could go on a lengthy rant about D&D alignments and how most people don't understand them, and that's especially true in today's PC culture, but my biggest complaint with alignment in Kingmaker was mostly the lack of enough options in many quests. Their grasp on D&D alignments is fine, and even though I didn't like Octavia I still thought the companions were all well written.

What I'm hoping for are some evil options for quests that aren't stupidly punishing, because I'm in chapter 5 of Kingmaker on my second playthrough now and while playing an evil character has been fun, at times I've had to pass picking evil dialog to skip making an obviously stupid decision, or take flat out good actions to avoid failing a quest when I can think of obvious alternatives. Don't punish people for being evil!

The lawful evil city look is great, though.

Gregz

Arcane
What are you guys expecting? Owlcat Games collected 1.2Mio in 2 weeks that is an insane sum for a studio that didn't even exist 4 years ago.

Lots of idiots like you guys are giving money to shitty studios, and those are hardly remarkable numbers:

Star Citizen now boasts $212 million in crowdfunding with more than 2.2 million backers, and the game's single-player campaign, "Squadron 42," is scheduled for release in 2020. Investors also put another $46 million into the game recently, putting its total cash raised over the $250 million mark.

I suppose when 90% of your market consists of russians and newfags, then 1.2Million is a lot.

Dodo1610

Arcane
What are you guys expecting? Owlcat Games collected 1.2Mio in 2 weeks that is an insane sum for a studio that didn't even exist 4 years ago.

Lots of idiots like you guys are giving money to shitty studios, and those are hardly remarkable numbers:

Star Citizen now boasts $212 million in crowdfunding with more than 2.2 million backers, and the game's single-player campaign, "Squadron 42," is scheduled for release in 2020. Investors also put another $46 million into the game recently, putting its total cash raised over the $250 million mark.

I suppose when 90% of your market consists of russians and newfags, then 1.2Million is a lot.

:what:
Are you seriously comparing Star Citizen with Pathfinder?
Wtf, and I thought I already saw the most stupid comparisons in my life.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

:what:
Are you seriously comparing Star Citizen with Pathfinder?
Wtf, and I thought I already saw the most stupid comparisons in my life.
It makes more sense when you realize Gregz 's name is an acronym for "Gay retarded extremely gay zilch" and read his retarded and butthurt posts accordingly

Dodo1610

Arcane
Wtf, and I thought I already saw the most stupid comprisons in my life.

Well, just how many times have you played kingfaker?

Once, there are simply too many games that I don't need to replay the same ones multiple times.
Anyway, this is the most successful CRPG crowdfunding since Deadfire in 2017 which collected 2.2Mio+ 2 Mio investment. Not a single one of the recent crowdfunding CRPGs even reached a million(aside from Subverse:lol:)

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
Wtf, and I thought I already saw the most stupid comprisons in my life.

Well, just how many times have you played kingfaker?

Once, there are simply too many games that I don't need to replay the same ones multiple times.

It's true that there are many games, but very few of them are any good.

The ones worth playing were made by professionals, employed inside actual studios, back when the market was competitive for talent. Kingfaker obviously doesn't qualify on any of those fronts. Wrath of the retards won't either.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's true that there are many games, but very few of them are any good.

The ones worth playing were made by professionals, employed inside actual studios, back when the market was competitive for talent. Kingfaker obviously doesn't qualify on any of those fronts.
You're seriously slipping into dementia. Most good games were made by people that loved the PnP experience and wanted to translate it to PC, retelling good stories and reliving moments they experienced in their sessions.

You must have missed Ziets', and not just his, comments where he said that back in the day most RPGs were written by whomever was there, and available.

Like... I understand that you're an old man, and that you hate that this game is not what you grew up with, but there is a serious line between that, and being completely fucking stupid about it.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
It makes more sense when you realize Gregz 's name is an acronym for "Gay retarded extremely gay zilch" and read his retarded and butthurt posts accordingly

Says the newfag named "Lawntoilet"

Hey look everybody. Gregz showing off how long he's been on the forum again. He really likes to wave his old dick around. Between that and making fun of games by replacing words in the title with random swears, I can't tell if he's old as fuck or a child that somehow got his hands on an account when he was really young.

LordWildMan

Novice
But anyway, back on topic, getting the Oread is pretty much the epitome of what monk fans could want. I remember like 15 years ago when I first learned of them that they were "the monk race", so all the shilling paid off. Good stuff.
When I played DND 5E Tortles were a fun race to play as monks.

Thonius

Arcane
Jesus Christ those vampire people are horrible. I know very little about Pathfinder lore, but to me, it seems like it's "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks."

It's like they are trying to gather to edgy teens, old grandpas living off their pensions, and NEET furries and their disability buxx.

I expect a general difficulty nerf too. Hard will be story mode and Unfair, normal.
Well yes in interview they told that they are renaming diff settings. And it will start with normal(story mode for retarded journos).

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom