Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone's still mad about Obsidian hiring and feedback practices.

this would be ChrisAvellone who tolerated my love of Planescape pretty well.
Well, (1) I think your skills were far better than what we could offer, (2) you proved it, and (3) I would have hired you, and we'll leave it at that while I drink myself into oblivion.

I don’t know how to process this, but thanks. You are a gem.
We lost so many good applicants (like you and Mitsoda) because of this "input".

None of the games this guy worked on are renowned for their writing so I'm not sure it was such a great loss. Urquhart and Parker do have terrible taste though.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'm confused. Mitsoda was at Obsidian for three years. I thought the reason he was fired was because he screwed up royally on his Alpha Protocol job. Avellone is the one who heavily rewrote Mitsoda's work!

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
These rants are even funnier after Microsoft acquisition. Feargus probably just reads them, then he laughs and then he jumps butt-naked into his vault of Microsoft money, Scrooge McDuck style.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm confused. Mitsoda was at Obsidian for three years. I thought the reason he was fired was because he screwed up royally on his Alpha Protocol job. Avellone is the one who heavily rewrote Mitsoda's work!
Parker didn't know what he wanted. Made him rewrite it once, still didn't like it, which resulted in the departure when told to rewrite it again.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I read somewhere in a societal collapse scenario, gold not only worthless, but dangerous to possess, since it would attract men with guns to rob and possibly kill you. What has value in a collapse are personal skills, such as being able to fight or work machinery or help run a warlord government.
Gold might not be that useful during a collapse, but you supposedly save it if things start to get better, which after that will show its value.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
These rants are even funnier after Microsoft acquisition. Feargus probably just reads them, then he laughs and then he jumps butt-naked into his vault of Microsoft money, Scrooge McDuck style.
haikn9.gif

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
We need to make a global bet. Will MCA ever create another masterpiece (or just another gaem) as a lead? If so, when?

I think personally it is NEVER (30%) or YES, BUT NOT UNTIL 2025 at least. Waddaya think?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
We need to make a global bet. Will MCA ever create another masterpiece (or just another gaem) as a lead? If so, when?

I think personally it is NEVER (30%) or YES, BUT NOT UNTIL 2025 at least. Waddaya think?

I'm thinking at least 70% never for any AA+ game where he is lead writer or director.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I am 100% sure that he will never create another masterpiece. He is living his live based on past accomplishment as a narrative consultant and some sort of pedestal marketing gimmick. He is in position of very senior management team in a corporation, someone who gives vague directive for people below to do. Now I am not sure how many money he is making but I am pretty sure it is comfortable enough, especially after Fallen Order gig in EA.

Chris likes that. Well fuck.

Chris has never been ultra conservative retard. And really, at this point in time you require mental deficiency to actually root for Trump even for conservative. He is literally using your ideology/belief just to cover his clear abuse of power to profit himself with conservatives retards loving it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Just remember that an amazing sports player can be mediocre on a shit team if he is mismanaged. Same goes for actors, literally anyone performing.

Sentinel

Arcane
Roguey
Has Avellone ever made any comments on WH40k? I woke up from a dream of a kotor2-esque WH40K game written by him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom