Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mud'

Scholar
If it is not isometric people gonna launch rockets at their office, but i am pretty confident it will be: both BG and Divinitys are isometric, so why they gonna change?

Why would they hire mo-cap actors with face cap if the game is going to be isometric? It makes no sense.

I still bet my ass that its going to be something akin to Dragon Age Origins, with the third person camara and the tactical camara, its not isometric but i guess it works.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
with face cap

Mark-Hamill-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42.png

this is face caption, not that

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I still bet my ass that its going to be something akin to Dragon Age Origins, with the third person camara and the tactical camara, its not isometric but i guess it works.

That's honestly the best case scenario, though 80% of the forum will still cry like little bitches.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If it is not isometric people gonna launch rockets at their office, but i am pretty confident it will be: both BG and Divinitys are isometric, so why they gonna change?
money and corporate suits

Gyor

Savant
That they have delayed and drummed up so much hype around a "gameplay reveal" makes me believe it will be shit.
I.E. RTWP

It'll be a FPS where you can throw your boomerang sword at will with bangable companions which auto-level along with their equipment following their stupid IA archetype.

How many Codexers will think :" Oh that's cool, that's exactly the game i wanted to play" ?

That game is Dark Alliance by Toque Studios, not BG3 by Larian Studios.

Again, Dark Alliance is the ARPG, not BG3.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex

That's honestly the best case scenario, though 80% of the forum will still cry like little bitches.

Divine Original Baldur : Prepare to Cry Enhanced Edition

jf8350143

Liturgist
That they have delayed and drummed up so much hype around a "gameplay reveal" makes me believe it will be shit.
I.E. RTWP

It'll be a FPS where you can throw your boomerang sword at will with bangable companions which auto-level along with their equipment following their stupid IA archetype.

How many Codexers will think :" Oh that's cool, that's exactly the game i wanted to play" ?
The amount of codexers want to play the game depends on how bangable the companions are.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
money and corporate suits
Then it will be a third person looter/shooter, now I am sure of that. And dlcs/microtranstactions. You will be able to buy with real money your retarded armor to show to your mum.

Curratum

Do you REALLY want to know what the game will be?

I know the answer. The answer is "not what you want it to, yet acceptable and inoffensive". :D

Elex

Arbiter

Why would they hire mo-cap actors with face cap if the game is going to be isometric? It makes no sense.

Because is 2020 and also because of cgi cutscene?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Items in D:OS2 were really dull. None of them inspired builds, like some Diablo uniques might. They were all just stat sticks.
At least in D&D games a weapon is also its type, not just its quality. You might keep your shittier sword over replacing it with a mace, because of your specialization. Items in D:OS2 especially were like condoms, I had zero attachment to any of them. At one point I was keeping the Tyrant set pieces, because I like the idea, but it was just a very bad set and I never ended up using it.
Hopefully they introduce some unique loot in this game, with unique qualities to it. The few "unique" qualities on D:OS2 armor, like something that gives you immune to stun, or a big cleave, had a bit more staying power than the generic +2 to Warfare swords. At least have that.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Items in D:OS2 were really dull. None of them inspired builds, like some Diablo uniques might. They were all just stat sticks.
At least in D&D games a weapon is also its type, not just its quality. You might keep your shittier sword over replacing it with a mace, because of your specialization. Items in D:OS2 especially were like condoms, I had zero attachment to any of them. At one point I was keeping the Tyrant set pieces, because I like the idea, but it was just a very bad set and I never ended up using it.
Hopefully they introduce some unique loot in this game, with unique qualities to it. The few "unique" qualities on D:OS2 armor, like something that gives you immune to stun, or a big cleave, had a bit more staying power than the generic +2 to Warfare swords. At least have that.

Pretty fucking stupid if they won't get that BG1 and 2 are liked by the fanbase partially because of the itemization. One of the big reasons why I quit DOS 1 and never picked up the sequel is the retarded "MMO" loot, the itemization was even worse than Pillars of Eternity.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They *will* keep it because Swen likes it and thinks it's one of the reasons the D:OSes were successful.
I have my doubts since the itemization in AD&D is a completely different beast and I'm not sure WotC will be fine with randomly generated items etc.

Codex Year of the Donut

Pretty fucking stupid if they won't get that BG1 and 2 are liked by the fanbase partially because of the itemization. One of the big reasons why I quit DOS 1 and never picked up the sequel is the retarded "MMO" loot, the itemization was even worse than Pillars of Eternity.
What makes you think this game is being made with the BG1 and 2 fanbase in mind?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom