Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gyor

Savant
From a business point of view, if even half of those 350 people work in-house, there has never been an isometric RPG with such a budget. So if they do that, they are certainly taking a risk.

The big budget "RPG's" are mostly third-person, though if they do something like a zoom-out to tactical perspective and turn-based combat - I guess that would be okay. And it's certainly something that no other big budget title has done so far.

From the video it still isometric game I think.

I'm curious how it will deal with gaming sets, we could have minigames in this.

Harthwain

Magister
Pretty fucking stupid if they won't get that BG1 and 2 are liked by the fanbase partially because of the itemization. One of the big reasons why I quit DOS 1 and never picked up the sequel is the retarded "MMO" loot, the itemization was even worse than Pillars of Eternity.
They could go the mixed route - have "common" items to be generated randomly, while having "set"/unique items to be hand-crafted and hand-placed (with the latter being far fewer than the former, of course).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to know what was Sawyer's pitch for BG3. The second one. But I guess we'll never know or maybe sometime much later.

Obsidian's Baldur's Gate 3 was not, to my knowledge, a Josh Sawyer game. I'm not sure anybody from Obsidian has ever talked about it other than Feargus.

Neerasrc

Learned
350 people are working and no leaks / image/ news. Only 6 days left. I don't understand this. Hey larian are you there?
:troll:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
350 people are working and no leaks / image/ news. Only 6 days left. I don't understand this. Hey larian are you there?

From the experience of digging here and there, I got the feeling that their employees and outsourcers were pretty well instructed about this matter.

Terenty

Liturgist
The best games have always been made by ~ 30-50 people sharing an intimate atmosphere in a basement.

5 studios and hundreds of employees sounds more like Ubisoft and their annual turds

Elex

Arbiter
Stadia already leaked the release year. Of course they will not release close to cyberpunk.

Gyor

Savant
From a business point of view, if even half of those 350 people work in-house, there has never been an isometric RPG with such a budget. So if they do that, they are certainly taking a risk.

The big budget "RPG's" are mostly third-person, though if they do something like a zoom-out to tactical perspective and turn-based combat - I guess that would be okay. And it's certainly something that no other big budget title has done so far.

From the video it still isometric game I think.

I'm curious how it will deal with gaming sets, we could have minigames in this.

In 5e gaming sets are a gaming tool proficiency, like dice, Dragon Chess, cards ect....

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm really excited to see how many studios out of those 5 survives the release. Sure, it might become a great success, but keep 5 studios running like that?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Larian satellite studios are all in places that are cheap and/or receive government subsidies. Russia, Quebec, Ireland, Malaysia. Increasingly common practice these days to branch out to cheaper locations like that. Even inXile has a second studio.

hexer

More tweets from 1UP conference:

:deadhorse:

Not this story again... we already heard it a dozen times FFS

The Larian satellite studios are all in places that are cheap and/or receive government subsidies. Russia, Quebec, Ireland, Malaysia. Increasingly common practice these days to branch out to cheaper locations like that. Even inXile has a second studio.

Hmm... you have to wonder about the quality from a cheap workforce

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
They're cheap compared to Western Europe. I mean I think we've seen that Russians can do a good job on RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom