Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I do miss the days where my Russian friends could gift me copies from their region after certain remunerations.

Aemar

Arcane
Played a pirated version of the original release for years. Bought Warband at -75% off, and played the shit out of that game as well. All in all up to this point I must have spent like 5 euros on Taleworlds' products. Combined gameplay time: at least 1000 hours. Over the years I've come to respect Yavuz for his straightforward and passionate approach towards this industry. It took eight years of development because he strives to deliver the best product he can create. The man is clearly a perfectionist. Mount & Blade 2 is first and foremost a product of his passion for videogames, not a cash grab, otherwise he would have already delivered it years ago.

Paying full price for Bannerlord is the least thing that I can do to show my support for this developer, and I really don't do that often.

Vincente

Arbiter
Oh yeah they also overhauled armors on multiplayer. Battanian Fianns no longer have Warcraft pauldrons.

maxresdefault.png

unknown.png

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Yeah.
Really like the new armor looks.
Battanians now are properly Celtizized.
Strugians Slavicized.
And even Vladians become civilized(must be Swadians blood). Faction looks greatly improved overall.

vota DC

Augur
They are unhappy about empire changes, but while their armor looks poorer now the old one was too much elaborated for a simple legionary, It suited more a commander.

Anyway new patch messed the game multiplayer that now Is a javelinfest. Can be fixed quickly.
Also they should balance captain and skirmish with different perks since skirmish doesn't have combined arms.

Dakka

Savant
If multiplayer is just a team deathmatch, I am not interested. I just don't see how human competition could make it worth forgoing the entire strategic part of gameplay.

deuxhero

Arcane
Recruits look way more threatening than they did in Warband, with all of them having proper weapons, some even having good melee and ranged options, instead of random farming implements. I wonder if it's just for multiplayer.

Oh yeah they also overhauled armors on multiplayer. Battanian Fianns no longer have Warcraft pauldrons.

Clan Warriors also have slings, a weapon type I haven't heard of being in the game, but they're marked as "temporary". Wonder if that's because the appearance is the same as a rock and they're going to add a proper one, or if they're going to remove it.

deuxhero

Arcane
If multiplayer is just a team deathmatch, I am not interested. I just don't see how human competition could make it worth forgoing the entire strategic part of gameplay.

It also has capturing command points, siege (assault) and I think CTF. From what I've seen, all can be combined with captain mode (control a small band of NPCs in addition to your PC).

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

It also has capturing command points, siege (assault) and I think CTF. From what I've seen, all can be combined with captain mode (control a small band of NPCs in addition to your PC).
Does it have true multiplayer though, with 2 players roaming the same world?

vota DC

Augur

Campaign coop you mean? No, they tried but scrapped it. But It can be modded in.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

Campaign coop you mean? No, they tried but scrapped it. But It can be modded in.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It's the only form of multi I'd be interested in, a buddy of mine would jump right in.

vota DC

Augur
How It could work? Seems difficult to sync unless you simulate with autoresolve all battles of player vs ai and cut city visits with some kind of map menu.
With two players in the same party like Divinity original sin could be easier.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
As you said, you could have both players in the same party. It would be the easiest way.

Or you could have entering the city not pause the game while the other player keeps roaming. As for battles against the AI, they could either be autoresolved, have the other player wait, or even better have him take control of the enemy commander and provide some more challenge.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stopping moving pauses the game too though. I guess it could be an alternate mode where that doesn't happen, but man it would be a fucking rough game without that. Trying to manage your shit while anything could be coming at you at any time. I don't think either player would last long

vota DC

Augur
What about simultaneous turns with move points determined by skills? And since simulating all is boring each player does the battles vs ai and other players can use a single soldier or enemy but can't give orders.
Otherwise you would have to simulate too many battles and battles between player parties are very rare.

deuxhero

Arcane
That kind of artwork would make a nice cover art. That reminds me of the terrible covers for the original and Warband, which in turn reminds me that I have a physical copy of the original M&B around somewhere.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That kind of artwork would make a nice cover art. That reminds me of the terrible covers for the original and Warband, which in turn reminds me that I have a physical copy of the original M&B around somewhere.
Probably the last physical game I bought. Of course, the Warband CD just had a Steam key in it. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom