Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Uhh co op bros. I think we got BTFO'ed! Nooo! Not like this!
pygaLHn.png

S.torch

Arbiter
Fantasy is much easier to do in comparison and that includes space fantasy as well.

If fantasy was "easier" to do, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Elaborate?

My point is that writing takes effort and dedication no matter the genre.

>How did the numbers look for Kingmaker?
q6pkVGn.png

I see that there was a day the backers numbers took a jump, what happened there?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>I see that there was a day the backers numbers took a jump, what happened there?
There is a superstition. That all kickstarters get a sudden increase in money within the last days of the campaign. I wouldn't bet on it though.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a superstition. That all kickstarters get a sudden increase in money within the last days of the campaign. I wouldn't bet on it though.
That's not how that goes... see... there are people that dislike investing their hard earned money without fully knowing what they go for. The idea being letting the peasants toss their money in hype, and you investing at the end when/where you can see all the stretch goals and items you get laid plain before you.

You might get 1 or 2 surprises, since there are people that think like you do, but generally, you know what you're getting. Unlike the people that pledged the very first day.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
That's not how that goes... see... there are people that dislike investing their hard earned money without fully knowing what they go for. The idea being letting the peasants toss their money in hype, and you investing at the end when/where you can see all the stretch goals and items you get laid plain before you.

You might get 1 or 2 surprises, since there are people that think like you do, but generally, you know what you're getting. Unlike the people that pledged the very first day.
Based patient bros, letting retards like me take the bullet for them!

What is that "actual" mythology you are talking about? As far I am aware, in the earliest ones they caused illnesses, not kidnappings and rapes.

Fey were reputed to sometimes steal children, and leave a changeling in its place. Sometimes this kidnapping was sometimes vengeance to the parents, a random cruelty, or sometimes a kindness to the child. Many folklore about fae is all over the place depending on the region or period. I believe this is one of the reasons Fae are considered chaotic and capricious beings. The only instance of rape that I know of, is around one of the origin stories of Merlin. Merlin's mother was raped while she slept by a demon/the devil. He was intended to be the anti-christ, but was taken in by clergy after birth. He was saved, but still possessed his dark powers--using them as a force for good. This angle is likely a perversion of an earlier story, where he was intended to resist the influx of Christianity.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What is that "actual" mythology you are talking about? As far I am aware, in the earliest ones they caused illnesses, not kidnappings and rapes.

Fey were reputed to sometimes steal children, and leave a changeling in its place. Sometimes this kidnapping was sometimes vengeance to the parents, a random cruelty, or sometimes a kindness to the child. Many folklore about fae is all over the place depending on the region or period. I believe this is one of the reasons Fae are considered chaotic and capricious beings. The only instance of rape that I know of, is around one of the origin stories of Merlin. Merlin's mother was raped while she slept by a demon/the devil. He was intended to be the anti-christ, but was taken in by clergy after birth. He was saved, but still possessed his dark powers--using them as a force for good. This angle is likely a perversion of an earlier story, where he was intended to resist the influx of Christianity.

But Merlin mom was raped by Incubus (demon) iirc? So its not fae and more of demon.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Norse mythology has elves as rapists (Volundr) and dwarves too I believe, though it was sometimes euphemistic in the form of kidnapping for "marriages"

But Merlin mom was raped by Incubus (demon) iirc? So its not fae and more of demon.

That's more of a modern distinction. Particularly when Christianity was coming north, anything metaphysical that wasn't condoned by the church was deemed a demon--this includes Fae. Again, it's likely a perversion of an older story.

Norse mythology has elves as rapists (Volundr) and dwarves too I believe, though it was sometimes euphemistic in the form of kidnapping for "marriages"
Volundur? I'm not familiar with that one. Your commentary about euhpemisms is apt though. Very common when talking about Greek gods--especially Zeus.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

That's more of a modern distinction. Particularly when Christianity was coming north, anything metaphysical that wasn't condoned by the church was deemed a demon--this includes Fae. Again, it's likely a perversion of an older story.

Volundur? I'm not familiar with that one. Your commentary about euhpemisms is apt though. Very common when talking about Greek gods--especially Zeus.
Volundr is also known as Waylund or Wayland the smith and he is sometimes an elf, sometimes a dwarf, sometimes a human depending on the version of the myth.
But basically he was a great smith captured by a king and tortured into servitude. The king also gave Volundr's wife's wedding ring to his daughter, and when Volundr escaped he rapes and impregnates the king's daughter in revenge.

hell bovine

Arcane
A child soldier character could've been interesting but Ember sounds like Aerie 2.0, "I'm very nice and compassionate... but also depressed and lonely because of my dark past :("
Yeah, I'll pass. They have a goddes like Gyronna in the Pathfinder setting and yet we get Aerie ver. 2 for a witch companion. :|

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there more than 3 mythic paths? I don't really know anything about this ruleset. I'd be happy with a vampire, werewolf, or other type of path progression.

Yeah, yeah, goth and all that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom