Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hexer

They're cheap compared to Western Europe. I mean I think we've seen that Russians can do a good job on RPGs.

I want a mathematical proof.
Give me numbers, I don't want a subjective answer.

Quantify the input and quantify the output or remove my racist tag.
I'm done with this site.

They're cheap compared to Western Europe. I mean I think we've seen that Russians can do a good job on RPGs.

I'm done with this site.

Don't sweat it, guy. I think every racist tag I've ever received has been from Infinitron. The latest was from when I remarked that some announcing NPC in PF:WotR is going to be a pedophile's version of Aerie from Baldur's Gate 2. How was that racist? I have no clue. Am I going to weep tears of blood of the libelous indignity? That's like asking me if I swat at every gnat, or discipline every stray barking dog. How you managed to be offended by it after >2k posts and 6.5 years is far more puzzling.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait for mindx2 with his lil' hands to beat up once more RPG Watch in a match of Baldur's Gate 3!?

RTWP? oh wait... :)

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm done with this site.

The delightful irony here is hexer being German (if I recall correctly from elsewhere), a people historically well-acquainted with the notion of mathematically perfected racism. He's not upset that you tagged him with Hitler, he just wants you to show the work.

Gyor

Savant

Gyor

Savant

I'm done with this site.

Don't sweat it, guy. I think every racist tag I've ever received has been from Infinitron. The latest was from when I remarked that some announcing NPC in PF:WotR is going to be a pedophile's version of Aerie from Baldur's Gate 2. How was that racist? I have no clue. Am I going to weep tears of blood of the libelous indignity? That's like asking me if I swat at every gnat, or discipline every stray barking dog. How you managed to be offended by it after >2k posts and 6.5 years is far more puzzling.

For the record Ember is not a Romance option they've made that clear, so no pedophile stuff, plus she's horrifyingly burned and mutilated and begging on the streets, so extra unappealing.

Gyor

Savant
The Larian satellite studios are all in places that are cheap and/or receive government subsidies. Russia, Quebec, Ireland, Malaysia. Increasingly common practice these days to branch out to cheaper locations like that. Even inXile has a second studio.

Its also why Owlcat can stuff Wrath of the Righteous with so much stuff, it's mostly Russia based.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The Larian satellite studios are all in places that are cheap and/or receive government subsidies. Russia, Quebec, Ireland, Malaysia. Increasingly common practice these days to branch out to cheaper locations like that. Even inXile has a second studio.
Please expand to Sofia too, I'm getting depressed with this accounting/warehouse software job. I want to be an RPG ideas guy for $1000 a week.

Gyor

Savant
More tweets from 1UP conference:

:deadhorse:

Not this story again... we already heard it a dozen times FFS

Hmm... you have to wonder about the quality from a cheap workforce

They are cheap not because they aren't good or subpar workers, but because of government tax credits and exchange rates. I live in Canada and our dollar is like 2 third of an American Dollar, highly educated work force, universal healthcare and a shit load of tax credits from Quebec and the Federal Government and that is one example.

Last edited by a moderator:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/f7ffzv/todays_dd_announcement_is_that_wotc_and_its/

So, Hasbro had a big investor call today at ToyFair and Chris Cocks (the president of WotC) announced that they had 7 D&D games in development, including Baldur's Gate 3 and Dark Alliance. As part of that presentation, the investors got first looks at gameplay for those games.

This is 7 Hasbro IP games, not 7 D&D games. They also own Magic, and in the audio they mention Power Rangers.

Gyor

Savant
Pretty fucking stupid if they won't get that BG1 and 2 are liked by the fanbase partially because of the itemization. One of the big reasons why I quit DOS 1 and never picked up the sequel is the retarded "MMO" loot, the itemization was even worse than Pillars of Eternity.
They could go the mixed route - have "common" items to be generated randomly, while having "set"/unique items to be hand-crafted and hand-placed (with the latter being far fewer than the former, of course).

They will likely use 5e item rules, making magic items rare.

agris

Arcane
Patron
You’re convoluting a hell of a lot here. Louisiana (US, inXile 2nd office) isn’t Malaysia, Quebec or any of those other countries / provinces.

Ireland is a tax haven, cost of labor isn’t that much lower than other non-large cities in Western Europe. Canada is fairly expensive, although Quebec is almost definitely cheaper than Vancouver or Toronto.

Russia and Malaysia are in their own category. None of them are Louisiana.

Gyor

Savant
https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...t-plans-due-to-coronavirus-concerns?amphtml=1

Another one drops out of Pax East, at this rate the presentations on February 27th will just be Swen on stage demonstrationing BG3 in his armour from the beginning of Pax till it closes.
Followed by Swen and the rest of the Larian crew getting hospitalized with the coronavirus a few weeks later.

There was a whopping one case in the area, he will be fine.

Gyor

Savant
Canada is fairly expensive, although Quebec is almost definitely cheaper than Vancouver or Toronto.
They are located a stone's throw away of Ubisoft's offices in Quebec City - and while it's not Montreal, I can assure you downtown Quebec City is still pretty expensive.

Quebec is very generous with tax credits, not having to pay for healthcare saves the company money, and the exchange rate softens the blow for companies that mostly do business in America and Western Europe.

Gyor

Savant
High staff count is a certain sign of decline. Also, lol @ 5 studios across Malaysia, Russia, Canada, etc. Expect no coherency in this game.

They had those same studios except for Malaysia for DOS2 and they figured out a system for it that works for them.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
High staff count is a certain sign of decline. Also, lol @ 5 studios across Malaysia, Russia, Canada, etc. Expect no coherency in this game.

They had those same studios except for Malaysia for DOS2 and they figured out a system for it that works for them.
He's a flaming idiot.

To him the best games were made by big studios, but also big studios are a sign of decline.

By the end of both the Kingmaker and this thread, luj'll go crosseyed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom