Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Ivan

Arcane

now I'm intrigued and will check it out once it hits steam (at a discount of course)

Sentinel

Arcane
Kojima Productions isn't a new studio, they just went independent after the split with Konami. Just like IO-Interactive went independent after the split with Square Enix.

Venser

Erudite
When I first started playing Death Stranding I thought terrain and balance mechanics were annoying. I thought hiking around natural environments should be relaxing but they made it stressful instead. I changed my mind completely. Once you figure everything out and especially once you get an exoskeleton, traversing terrain becomes very satisfying and I can already tell I'm going to miss this mechanic in other games. I watched someone play Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I thought that game could really make use of it.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
1576960485360.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
When I first started playing Death Stranding I thought terrain and balance mechanics were annoying. I thought hiking around natural environments should be relaxing but they made it stressful instead. I changed my mind completely. Once you figure everything out and especially once you get an exoskeleton, traversing terrain becomes very satisfying and I can already tell I'm going to miss this mechanic in other games. I watched someone play Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I thought that game could really make use of it.
By far the most interesting moment to me in terms of gameplay was that the Power exoskeleton was actually a psychological trap for me. It made me take dangerous loads and tank my stamina fighting gravity while slowing my speed considerably (I spent ten times longer fucking around Conan O'Brien's place hauling a huge pile of materials instead of doing something sensible), all because I only looked at the cargo weight limit and didn't think of the effects of cargo's weight. It was the point where I realized one key challenge of the game was overcoming your own greed.

The madman's really gonna make Snatcher 2.

Maybe someday, but the next project is most likely gonna be a horror title

I get the impression the stuff he was going to do with Silent Hills got absorbed into Death Stranding with the Beached Things. While not exactly the same, there is a similarity between the Gazers and the Ghost of Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Given how this and Metal Gear Survive have a few similarities, I'd guess Death Stranding is some kind of mix between stuff Kojima was going to do with Silent Hills and some other thing. Or his Silent Hills game was going to have survival elements and he ended up repurposing that stuff in this, and what was left of his team at Konami used it for a multiplayer Metal Gear game.

A more straightforward horror game is definitely something that would get attention given PT and the cancelled Silent Hills, but I'm not exactly sure that's what's next since it seems he may have done what he wanted to do with that here.

Terenty

Liturgist
The madman's really gonna make Snatcher 2.

Maybe someday, but the next project is most likely gonna be a horror title

I get the impression the stuff he was going to do with Silent Hills got absorbed into Death Stranding with the Beached Things. While not exactly the same, there is a similarity between the Gazers and the Ghost of Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Given how this and Metal Gear Survive have a few similarities, I'd guess Death Stranding is some kind of mix between stuff Kojima was going to do with Silent Hills and some other thing. Or his Silent Hills game was going to have survival elements and he ended up repurposing that stuff in this, and what was left of his team at Konami used it for a multiplayer Metal Gear game.

A more straightforward horror game is definitely something that would get attention given PT and the cancelled Silent Hills, but I'm not exactly sure that's what's next since it seems he may have done what he wanted to do with that here.

You might be right, but judging by his recent interview in which he said he is definitely interested in horror and his tweet about watching horror movies in preparation it seems likely

Venser

Erudite
Got tired of sneaking around mules so I decided to clear a mule camp and I ended up accidentally killing one of them. And by "accidentally" I mean running him over on purpose. Till now I was having fun knocking these dudes down with my bike but I ran into one head on full speed and he died.
So much for my pacifist run :negative:

Venser

Erudite
Death Stranding art book arrived today. Over 250 pages of unused concept art for characters, BTs, locations, vehicles, weapons and equipment...it's really awesome.

ziG3ZAP.jpg

g5Hw1FR.jpg

332rqHx.jpg

AdT9tjs.jpg

CsmTuIV.jpg

Ft4YaIF.jpg

ibJreHB.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom