Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

Reinhardt

Arcane
and the few they pick up are nothing more than miniscule upgrades over what they are already wearing. Your argument is utter garbage.
Well, in Wolcen everything i pick up is actually worse than my current equipment. So miniscule upgrade is miles better than no upgrade at all.

And you are talking about streamers and meta and trading leagues. For regular player, especially in ssf(like wolcen right now) situation is different.

Perkel

Arcane
POE showers you with loot, so does D3 and grim dawn. Argument defeated.
Itemization is just as shit as the other games, so not sure why wolcen is worse in that regard,

Wolcen itemization is a bit weak true but not as bad as D3.

From what i understand you are supposed to fix town to get forge which gives you ability to get unique affixes on rares like +1 projectile, you can use bladestorm with staves etc. But Forge is supposedly so broken right now that when you fix it it crashed your game and doesn't even allow you to switch on your game as game crashes on startup.

I kind of dislike such feature being locked to crafting only but at least it is there and can lead to some interesting stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
new patch. 2-3 GB:

Patch 1.0.4.0 is now live! Servers back Online.
1e2ecd99b45682f860492238d0604383577ae0c7.png

• Fixed a crash at connection(Checking game version) if a player starts an endgame "transmutation forge" or "Black market" project.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players to click on "Play" in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue allowing players to have more passive skill nodes activated than their total points would allow.
  • Fixed item duplication via chest panel issue (offline).
  • Fixed stackable items duplication.
  • Fixed invalid sell price on stacked items.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a chest panel deletion when changing acts.
  • Fixed item deletion when exiting the game while dragging an item from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to fall from act 1 boss' platform while using Warpath.
  • Fixed an issue causing crafting reagents to ignore lower tier gems when selecting magic effects.
  • Fixed an issue preventing DOT damage bonuses to be displayed in the character sheet detail panel.
  • The Block Efficiency cannot exceed 75% anymore.

f3118d0040c28f6dd48a091767d66e41df5e8ffe.png

• Fixed an issue making items on the ground hard to pick up depending on the framerate.

75c40f8efde6fb7626ba4e678bfc30b168dd821e.png

• Fixed an issue preventing summoned minions bonuses to work.
  • The Wealth Omens cannot be possessed by Parasite anymore.
  • Fixed an issue preventing Livor Mortis damage redirection to work.
  • Fixed an issue causing Livor Mortis damage redirection to invalidate player magic effects.

d257c7275bf4e930b29c5895bbcd1349d7672bcd.png

• Fixed an issue preventing offline characters to be saved.

2205dff03ebfa02ffd5f910340814074d81835fd.png

• Fixed issues regarding network load & unretrieved data.

5912f5f1bbf038eaf5c1d22dfc16ec7bb63b8b13.png

• Fixed an issue to prevent the player from going to Helmshire before talking to Valeria during "Dawnbringer"
  • Fixed two soft-locks preventing players to go in the Monolith
  • Removed double objectives while exiting Battlefield Overlook during "Infiltration"
  • Fixed progression issue in Cell-F Ramparts during "The Gates of Fury"
  • Removed quest FX on Sirkis’ cutscene during "The Bane of the Storm"
  • Improved Edric and Val’s stability during "Children of Heimlock"
  • Improved behavior of the fast travel tutorial during "Meet the Purifiers"
  • Improved the transition from gameplay to the last cutscene during "Children of Heimlock"
  • Improved clarity of the objectives on the quest "Chasing Val"
  • Improved script of the quest "Chasing Val"
  • Improved script around Zima's dialog during "Creeping Shadows"
  • Fixed a wrong dialog portrait displayed during "Children of Heimlock"
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from talking to Zima in act 2.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from progressing further during act 2.

82c51bd5e087f9ff0c642d09724bbda07632958d.png

• Fixed a bug allowing Eos "Dawn's pious striker" to kill certain story bosses under 15% of their max health when used in combination with "Sudden Death".
  • Fixed an issue with the Endgame special boss preventing loot to drop upon death.
  • Fixed an issue with the Endgame special boss that sometimes didn't have the right level.

5d04f23a72a72b4d4d1e9cb4870aa45abad2941e.png

• Replaced the bonus to "health on this item" on Purifier's Statement unique spaulder by a "maximum health" bonus. Existing items will be rerolled.
  • Fixed the “additional stamina points” magic effect on boots being unable to roll on high-level items.
  • Fixed the Macksfesten Enneract cosmetic mismatch that made it appear as an unknown weapon and without any mesh.

787aef96a1f9530db82e8446a88a9cce90d792a8.png

• Fixed a bug with Child Of Fury node "Blistering Embrace" and "Shattering Strike". They didn't work properly.
  • White Arrow node "Acute Tracking" now allows for a maximum of 10 "Cold Blooded" points, up from 5 maximum points.
  • Siegebreaker node "Secure Parry" now gives 0.1% Health Regeneration per "Inexorable" point down from 10% Health Regeneration per "Inexorable Point". Percentages are hard.
  • Siegebreaker node "Bane of Tyranny" now has its correct value too! Your Damage is now increased by +0.5 multiplier by your equipped Shield'S block chance instead of 50. Again.. percentages are hard!

753c3ba0731f3d9606c051fefb07f94ab3776bac.png

• Aspects of the Apocalypse balance: we reduced their duration and increased their damage in order to make these forms more impactful in comparison with non-Apocalypse damage per second.
    Base damages of all Aspects of Apocalypse skills have been increased by 60%.

Aspect of Dawn:
  • Immaculate Score: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Immaculate Score: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Dawn Choir: increase cost from 10 -> 60
  • Dawn Choir: increase damage multiplier by 300%
  • Will of the Protector: increase cost from 20 -> 60
  • Hammer of the Aurora: increase cost from 20 -> 100
  • All-Cleansing Light: increase cost from 100 -> 200

Aspect of War
  • Frenzy attack: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Frenzy attack: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Charge of the First warrior: increase cost from 20 -> 60
  • Charge of the First warrior: increase damage multiplier by 200%
  • Unflinching Assault: increase cost from 10 -> 20
  • Scorching Obelisk: increase cost from 20 -> 100
  • Strife of Baäpheth: increase cost from 100 -> 200

Aspect of Infinity
  • Biorhytmic Missiles: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Biorhytmic Missiles: increase damage multiplier by 150%
  • Parallel Convergence: increase cost from 10 -> 40
  • Parallel Convergence: increase damage multiplier by 200%
  • Calamitous Paradox: increase cost from 20 -> 150
  • Calamitous Paradox: reduce the bonus damage per Point of Entropy by 70%.
  • Calamitous Paradox: increased cooldown from 5 -> 10 seconds
  • Inevitable Obsolescence: increase cost from 20 -> 100
  • Inevitable Obsolescence: reduce damage multiplier by 20%.
  • Spatial Warp: increase cost per second from 25 -> 40
  • Spatial Warp: reduce the max duration of the last phase from 5 seconds -> 3 seconds.
  • Spatial Warp: reduce damage multiplier of the first phase by 50%.
  • Spatial Warp: reduce damage multiplier of the second phase by 33%.
  • Spatial Warp: reduce damage multiplier of the last phase by 25%.

Aspect of Flesh
  • Boneblade Incisions: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Boneblade Incisions: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Bone Shuriken: increase cost from 20 -> 40
  • Bone Shuriken: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Eviscerating Flurry: increase cost from 20 -> 50
  • Eviscerating Flurry: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • The Ungering Flesh: increase cost per second from 20 -> 50
  • The Ungering Flesh: reduce damage multiplier of the final hit by 40%.

72c1b1ad605cae5a51b50ed9cf4308a8d67e1465.png

• Added "Feeding Swarm" enneract in the quest reward when you talk to Demetra for the first time.
  • Fixing a generation issue on some Maps and Reverie incense leading to the wrong area (ex: expedition with more chests that don’t have any chest).
  • Fixing some rare occurrence of the Offering Shrine to be unable to generate valid objects at a low character level.

c54c1532d9761ed26dcfb50fd78ecf09c695d889.png

• Restored missing sound effects, ambiance, and music across the game.
  • Some performance gains from optimizations to environmental audio.

7eb8c86f89c51e48385d8780c208a73bc7203f69.png

• The PTBR localization now works properly if you select PTBR language.
  • Changed the name of Concealed Pistol, it's now named Radiant Pistol
  • You can now fast travel instead of fast tavel.
  • Removed the double occurrence of "Rogue" in the Siegebreaker "Salvatory Anchor"
  • Added missing localization for some error messages.
  • Fixing some typos in dialogues.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If a game, any game, were to say it had no crafting then I'd view it as an attraction feature you'd put on the back of your box.

pocahaunted

Arcane
I've been playing this a fair amount and I've reached level 62 so far. It's fun -- even the extremely retarded single player plot is interesting enough, something that can't be said about Diablo 3's disgusting story mode. While levelling I found quite a few overpowered items that made combat fun and even end game seems to have an OK system in-place, even if it starts becoming too samey with no real upgrades to speak of.

Nonetheless, presentation quality is top-notch - customization is fun, item variety isn't too bad. The game is littered with bugs, it's absolutely not even ready for beta, but it's still fun. I had to edit my character's JSON file to get back to Act 3 after the game reset me to Act 1. Oh, I haven't managed to exit the game without it crashing yet, either. Brilliant.

Perkel

Arcane
dude crafted a ring. Complexity seems to be there but it is probably behind crafting.
You can't get +1 Ailment stack on rare normally from drop.

0zds0lysx2i41.png

even the extremely retarded single player plot is interesting enough

The presentation is pretty shit but I find the basic premise (world falling apart as demons from outside reality try to pry their way in, and there are no good gods around to help out) appealing for a fantasy setting. Basically your Warhammer/40k or Second Apocalypse type situation. If the writing presenting the game's plot was better, and they'd taken the time to polish it, it could be great. The potential is there, but was botched. I am assuming they were going for the Path of Exile approach where you focus on repeatable content to keep a player base. But, Diablo 2 never had that sort of repeatable content and it was thriving for years with minimal content addition - its campaign itself was really replayable even without factoring in the additional difficulty modes. I think the Wolcen team should not have neglected their campaign so much, should have cleaned it up and polished it, made it more of a primary feature instead of a throwaway tutorial that players are meant to do once and then not touch again.

I like the setting and general story, it hits all the right notes for me, perfect edgy, metal fantasy. But it needed a lot more work and investment, which is unfortunate because clearly a ton of work went into some aspects of presentation (mostly visual) but in terms of dialogue, cutscenes, and running stable, they really dropped the ball. That kind of stuff makes the difference. You can go back and look at Diablo 2's cutscenes 20 years after it came out and despite the dated CGI they still look superb. Then Wolcen has the ingame cutscenes that just really don't work, they're sloppy enough that you can really feel it while watching, and that in a game that's generally quite beautiful.

I do hope they're able to clean things up and work on the campaign some more at some point, tidy things up, improve presentation, give it some replayability, and add another act or two to continue the story (since it's pretty clear they had to cut it off at the end, probably budget reasons), handled better.

And for god's sake add a server browser, games like this need multiplayer to live. (Or I could be retarded and there is a server browser but I couldn't find it anywhere in the menu?)

Bara

Arcane
Seems my offline character was deleted with latest patch. Apparently there are ways to get it back but I think I'm done till a full year of patches.

Even with this buggy madness I had fun but I wouldn't recommend starting it just yet.

Renevent

Cipher
The item system is completely shit and utterly boring, even worse than Diablo 3. There's like 50 total uniques, none of which have any interesting stats or anything that really gets the brain juices flowing for new builds. There's no set items either...it's a joke. I got to end game and while I had some fun admittedly, compared to Grim Dawn (even on release) or POE it's more like baby's first (broken) ARPG. It may turn into something good down the line, but bugs and hilarious exploits are the least of it's problems.

Speaking of exploits, I read that the gem stacking gold glitch was reported to them multiple times throughout the beta...how they allowed that into the main release is mind boggling.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

When it comes to how visceral and the "feedback" you get from combat, melee-wise, the game is pretty damn nice though. Actions feel like they carry weight to them, even throwing a knife like with Phantom Blades feels satisfying.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
If a game, any game, were to say it had no crafting then I'd view it as an attraction feature you'd put on the back of your box.
I like crafting, and I still have to agree. I could count games with good crafting on one hand, and the pathetic systems slapped on majority of modern games are just annoying time wasters.

Perkel

Arcane
Another one found with non genric stuff. Looks like it is not. It is unique that was transformed into legendary. Unique properties were saved and normal legendary stats added.

6qghf86mg5i41.png

GrainWetski

Arcane
Well, the game crashes after a couple of minutes in the Fleshy Frontier or whatever it's called, so I can't progress the crappy campaign any more. Tried like 5 times already. Probably something to do with me being a summoner + having the NPC jumping around. No joke the crashiest game I've played in like 10 years. Crashed more than a dozen times in less than 10 hours of playing.

So if you damage the last boss too fast in its last two phases it will consistently break the fight and make it unwinnable.

Perkel

Arcane
Anyone who played both path of exile and this, how similar are they? I am getting a good early path of exile vibe from this, is it so?

Similar but lacks greater POE complexity. Game is pretty much broken right now, due to balance. Playing a high level caster with force shield is almost impossible because armor don't have enough resists and you get OHKO non stop.

I decided to uninstall game. It needs more work on mechanics. Basics for good arpg are there but it pretty much starts to shake in foundations about lvl 30 as everything above is out of whack.

Will wait for expansions and additional content before going in again.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Perkel in a nutshell. Did you not even finish the campaign before deep throating this shit?

Perkel

Arcane
Perkel in a nutshell. Did you not even finish the campaign before deep throating this shit?

Both offline and online. Game is good, it just need bugfixing and end game rebalance.
All other stuff like expansions and additional content will just make game better.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I just clicked today on jewtube on some guy playing. In a matter of ~20 minutes his summons stuck in place twice and he couldn't even resummon big guy(golem?) without messing with skill settings and then game crashed.

abija

Prophet
Both offline and online. Game is good, it just need bugfixing and end game rebalance.
All other stuff like expansions and additional content will just make game better.
So you consider good a game that goes out of whack even before finishing the barebones single player campaign?

Perkel

Arcane
So you consider good a game that goes out of whack even before finishing the barebones single player campaign?

There are 3 kind of games in my book:

- boring ones
- badly executed good games
- and good games

I'd rather play 100 hours of broken mess that is fun underneath all that rubble (Kingdom Come, pathfinder, stalker) than play 1 hour of polished boring game like The Other Worlds or Pillars.

Game is Eurojank basically, needs ample amount of patching and rebalance and it will be great arpg. Base is there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom